Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hello everyone:

I, too have had some sleepless nights lately. The other night I fell asleep okay for about an hour, and then was awake until 5:30 trying to get my legs to stop aching. I finally took an extra pain pill, which I really try hard not to do, and wrapped my legs with the heating pad and fell asleep until 9:45. Dh was shocked when he came home from his bus run at 9, that I hadn't got up yet. Last night I slept well, just out of dire necessity, and exhaustion.
Doing laundry today in cold water.
The weather here is very rainy off and on. The temps are now in the 60's, so that is a lot more liveable.
We are very upset with our pup, Bobby. He is our little rescue. He had a seizure a couple of weeks ago, and since hasn't been exactly right, but nothing we could put our finger on. Well, the last two days he refuses his treats (the one thing he really loves), and sleeps a lot, not going to the door to greet dh, like he does every day and generally doesn't look well. He is going to the vet this afternoon, so I hope it is nothing too serious like a brain tumour or something like that. My fingers are crossed, he is such a love.
Nothing else much new, we have been mostly dealing with Bobby.
Anna, wow, that is so cool about your house, good luck on the contest. When Canada had it's centennial in '67, they put plaques on every home that was at least 100 yrs. old, and we lived in a house like that, that year.

Enjoy the day,
Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Nine Year Member

Connie, I've heard the potassium in bannanas helps with leg cramps.

Mish three large repairs in a year, you should have a new car under the hood grins. But I know what you mean we went through that last fall/winter.

Collected 4 gallons of rain water from our "storm" last night I think it was more thunder than actual rain poured the water on the pepper plants. I have a load of towels in the wash to hang out since we now have blue skys.

I combined the 4 bottles of Move Free that I bought yesterday for $19.98 total (I'm good for 7 months now), the doctor says to use generic but I can't afford to pay for generic LOL name brand is so much cheaper with B1G1F sales plus 4) $4-5 coupons.

I'm working on deskinning & deboning the chicken breasts that I bought yesterday for the freezer will toss the breast bones in water to make a broth before going out in tonights trash.

Good luck Anna your house is really pretty and you do a lot of work in the yard which helps the rest of the neighborhood's property values. So many people in our nieghborhood don't take care of their house & yard.

Roberta
Old 09-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Congrats Anna!!

We are bummed. I have been doing school paperwork for the kids got it all in but since the school didn't understand one form, they are not enrolling the kids. I am crushed. The kids are crushed. I am so burned out from homeschooling but looks like here I go again. Bummer.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JOANNE - hope your doggy is ok! HUGS. You are so right about the young girl and her singing. I don't watch the show - but saw her on the internet. She is wonderful.

KATHY/ROBERTA - hope you are both feeling better.

ANNA - great news from the accountant. How neat about your house!! What bragging rights you will have!

LISA - glad Roxie came back. Good going on the extra work.

JEAN - Praying for you sweety. Hope you can check in soon.

FRUGAL today - made the no sew blanket for the baby shower SUnday. It turned out so cute. Just piddled around the house. Read a little. Took a nap as I was awakened at 4AM by some cute kitty who will remain nameless! LOL
All meals from home. I have steel cut oats on cooking for the next few days.

We got a tad bit of rain overnight and that was it. No AC today. The skies sure do look like fall - blue with white and grey poofy clouds. I think the hummingbirds have left the area. I saw one twice yesterday and a different one once today. Think we are now getting the straglers that are leaving late.I sure will miss seeing them.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening and a GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:48 PM

Good evening all!!

We are in the middle of a raging thunder storm, but here I sit. Barb should have come through it a little while ago.

Roberta, and Kathy, glad that you are both doing better.

Roberta, way to go on the Move Free. The doctor would be so surprised that you were able to get it cheaper than a generic.

Anna, that is so cool about the recognition for the best-dressed house in the neighborhood. I won't ever get that, my neighbors keep adding as they can, and I keep getting those nasty weeds with the thorns. I am going to have to take up my entire daylily field (3X10"), clean each bulb completely, and move them so I can put weed killer down (I hate chemicals, but I hate these weeds more), weed blocker fabric, and then mulch for a couple of years before I plant in the bed again. But, in the meantime, I can put pots in that area. It is just disappointing that I have to dig up 2 really nice flower beds (the one directly in front of the house, and the daylily bed beside it because of these weeds.

But, you have certainly put in a lot of hard work to make it beautiful, and you wanted those house colors so much. You really deserve this award.

Cheryl, fall brings the end of lot of things, hummingbirds too. But then there is a whole "fall culture" that you will begin to see soon, and appreciate just as much. How did you do the baby blanket - I am interested? If you don't mind sharing.

Hi JoAnne - been on anymore good walks lately? How about the pool? Are you keeping up with that?

Ladies, better go for now. I have to do some dishes now that the storm has passed. This was really bad, and dumped some much-needed water on us.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hi all..you all are doing so good on saving money....

the only frugal i have right now is im making firestarters for camping ...all i have to do is use a paper egg carton (or little bathroom papercups) and dryer lint. then i pour melted candle wax over them....they wind up smelling really great, plus they burn well...right now the candle is on the candle burner..its an old ucky candle mom had at home..so no money out at all..she kept the paper egg carton and saved me lint too...sooo its truely a free thing. ill make more pretty soon too. but im just doing a few at a time..that way i dont make such a mess...lol.

well all..gotta go and finsh the laundry...you all have a good night...
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM

Erica

You can also use pine cones for firestarters, same procedure of pouring wax over them... I always put them in a paper muffin cup, used a old muffin tin from the thrift store that was designated just for those. I sold a few at our store too.

Not too much frugal going on here today, went to Aldi's this evening and picked up fruit and coffee creamer, forgot dish soap.. called Melissa to borrow some till tommorow, she was at the Dollar Tree and picked one up for me, my brand even so that worked out well.

We had Melissa, Maddy, Brandy, her brother Joey and her bf Taylor over this evening... Maddy and I also went down to visit a neighbor and her dh. So nice evening in the holler.

Connie

Sorry to hear about the school program. You will be happy to hear Ohio passed a bill no homemade foods are allowed to be brought into the school for snack times or parties, it all has to be store bought. It is a step toward addressing allergies. I also heard on the news today some ball park is stopping the sale of peanuts because of allergies or it may have been peanuts only in designated areas? I can't remember but again.. I thought of you.

Well gang, I'm tired.. it's really chilly here this evening so AC is off.

Anna
Old 09-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ladies, just stopping in to wish you all a good night's sleep tonight.

Anna, congrats on the award!

JoAnne, I hope Bobby is okay and it's nothing serious.

I'm heading off to bed early tonight. Hoping to kick this cold's butt once and for all.

Sleep well.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ericka I have made that type of firestarter. I thought it was fun.

Anna, the law is good but sad too. Where is the fun of making a treat to take to school? Most parents don't cook or bake anymore. I know one family who doesn't have a oven in the kitchen, by choice. I could not cope without one.

When one door closes a window opens is what I keep telling myself about the kids schooling. I am sad for the kids, they were looking forward to something new and different. I don't feel I have the energy to give them what they need right now. Guess I will dig down and find it. Look forward to spending more time with them.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:28 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Morning everyone. You all have been very frugal.

Connie good luck with the homeschooling. We know you can do it!

Lisa what are you plans for the weekend. You are always so busy.

Stephanie can't run in the xc meet tomorrow. So she is going to spend the whole weekend with her father. Dh and I will have a nice weekend alone. Much needed I would say.

Paid as many bills as I can on line this morning. Finishing up my grocery list. Packed my lunch today. Dh has off on Friday's not sure what his plans are yet.

Charlotte

Closed Thread