Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Assistant Moderator

I caved and turned the ac on. It was so warm in here plus dh made fried chicken dinner for lunch. Heats the house up a lot. I talked to my neighbor in Nebraska. Today is her birthday. I found out why FIL has been so upset about his BIL. There is a huge difference in 'in the hospital' and ' stage 3 lung cancer, lungs filling with fluid and being drained'. Shaking my head at them. I think he has been in the hospital since the first part of Aug. Hours from home but no local hospital or nursing home will take him. I pray he finds peace with his daughters before he passes. I fail to understand using chemo and radiation at this point. He has had cancer for over six years.

The kids and Gregg pitched in, we rearranged the family room. Today I have a list of what I should be doing but I am not getting anything done. Maybe a nap would help??
Old 09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie,So sorry your fil is so sick !
Anna,So sorry about the mistake your accoutant made!
Frugal for me?Today took the oldest to have dh take some 1 set of her senior pictures in her prom dress.We then came home and went to Menards and spent i think about 26.00 there but i have some rebates to mail in.I even cut out the coupons in the paper and found 2 of them for Habor freight place,.We have one and thought of Norma.Found out my step sister in law has fiberiois and rhertimic arthesis.(So sorry if the spelling is wrong).She has been getting really bad blood clots and ends up in the Emergency Room and she was there 2 times this week.I am just hoping that soon she will be ok.
We did make it to church and we are all home for the day.Oldest is with her b/f and my yougest has her b/f over too.
Going to make brats and corn on the cob.At least my dog is doing better after I trimmed the fur under her paws.Time for me to get some cleaning done and all is good here.And the b/fs mom gave me some tomatoes,green peppers and cucbures.
Yea for me! I did give her some of our coffee as my oldest eats there alot (She is feeding my kid like a steak for dinner).All is all a really nice family.It is soo hot here and I know dh has snuck the a/c.
Cannot wait for the cooler weather.
Mish
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Nine Year Member

We have the a/c on and will for the next 4-5 days as the temps are to be hot again but looks like it will be off Friday and through the weekend if the weathermen aren't lieing to me LOL.

I have a sinus headache so not getting much done today though will try to get a few smaller things completed so the day isn't a complete loss. I did take an hour nap but it didn't help just made me groggy.

Roberta
Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

It isn't my FIL who is ill, it is his BIL or my dh's uncle. Sorry for the confusion.

Roberta I have a sinus headache too.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Evening everyone.

FRUGAL today - read paper and clipped coupons. Ran to the 1X a month farmers market. Got 2 acorn and 2 spaghetti squash. Also got 4 lbs. fresh green beans. Bought 2 books as well. Sigh!!!!
Both books are mainly recipes - very good stuff in them. One is call More-with-Less
and the other is A Midwest Gardener's Cookbook. Lot's of ideas of things to do with the end of season green tomatoes and such. I'll get much use from them.

Did 1 load in cold and line dried.
Watered. Green beans had just about died during hot weather. I was going to pull out and didn't - they are now sporting new leaves and blooms! We'll see.

Made a big pot of green beans (for 2 meals) and the rest will be put in freezer. All meals from home.
Did some reading.

Pooter and Coogy have actually been playing today!! One chases the other across the room - then they reverse it. It's cute to watch.

Here's an article from our paper. I will retype as I don't know how to do it otherwise.

COFFEE PRICES CONTINUE TO RISE
Coffee prices have hit a 13-year high. The impact of
the month-long climb - prices have soared 43 per-
cent in three months - is leading to higher retail
coffee prices on several brands, including Fol-
gers, Dunkin' Donuts and Millstone. Green Moun-
tain Coffee Roasters plans to raise North American
prices 10 percent to 15 percent next month.

Just a heads up to you coffee drinkers.
Wishing you all a wonderful week.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Cheryl, thanks for sharing the info on coffee prices. I did notice that coffee was getting more expensive.

Ladies, I have to tell you that I am totally EXHAUSTED after this weekend with DH. I have to constantly be one step ahead of him to avoid going bankrupt. Things I have managed to keep him from buying this weekend: dinner out on Friday, breakfast, lunch & dinner out on Saturday, lunch & dinner today, a new coffeepot, a new baby gate, a new phone charger (I have bought 3 in the last several months!), a dog bed (Sam is happy right now to sleep in a laundry basket with an old pillow and his blanket!), new furniture, a dog house. I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it right now. He's at the book store now, ticked off that I wouldn't go with him. I know he won't come home empty-handed. Sigh!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:33 PM

Kathy

Wow! I do understand though.. dh is compulsive like that but not that bad. We are strictly budgeted this week down to the penny and so we didn't go to the bank today before heading out of town, we had $3 which is all we need. Car was filled and we have AAA insurance for towing. He sort of panicked for a second... "what if I want to buy a belt"? I said " our store will hold it if you want to buy one". He didn't even go in the store... we took Bailey with us, so he stayed in the car.

The only money spent today was a couple dollars for pop.

Cheryl

Thanks for sharing about the coffee... I have noticed a increase lately too and there isn't any reason that I can think of. We may have to go back to making coffee out of hickory nuts.

Cocoa has decided tonight that she doesn't want to be in the cage.. so far a stern No has stopped her from digging.

Anna
Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone:

Not much new going on here at all.
We did go down to the waterfront, in a different area that has a boardwalk, for a nice walk with dd and the 2 girls, and 3 dogs, LOL. It was such a beautiful day here today, nice & cool, but sunny, just perfect for me.

Dinner was a meatloaf, baked potato, and carrots and watermelon. Yummy. We have enough left over meatloaf for tomorrow's dinner too. The dogs got to have a spoonful on top of their dry food too.

My dh is definitey a spender too. He figures if you need something, you should just get it. Never mind if you don't have the money, just use the line of credit. We don't have any other credit cards, thank goodness.

Watching a new show on TLC that is called freaky eaters. This woman only eats french fries for every meal every day!! Her mother said she started this at age 3, and she gave in to her, because she wouldn't eat. I say she would have eaten eventually, as no child will starve themself on purpose. My oldest ds was a terrible one to feed, he was really picky, but nothing like this girl. He frustrated me a lot when he was little, but I must have done something right, as he grew into a very healthy 6 ft. 4", 200 and something lbs. LOL

Well, goodnight all, sleep tight.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta - we also had a lunch at church, but I'd bought 2 sandwiches for $2 at McD's on the way to church, also got my coffee, so I had the second one for lunch. We had a "Water Service" at church today, with church members bringing a little water from their travels. We have a Spring Water Park with the water coming out of the ground continuously, called a Healing Spring, so I took that water, got up early enough to leave myself enough time to do that. Even our minister, who worked in my town, didn't know about the Healing Spring. As there were many people with water, and only one jug to put it in, I didn't pour all my water in the jug, drank the remainder. I can always use "Healing Spring Water!"
A little rain here in SC last night, but not much. It's been dry for about 2 weeks now, with my grass very brittle. I don't water the grass as I have 2 acres cleared and 3 in woods. Even saw a small deer going into my woods during daylight hours yesterday.
Looking forward to lunch tomorrow with my 23 yr. old granddaughter who is in town, lives 4 1/2 hrs. from me. We will celebrate my b'day early.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:55 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Monday to everyone. Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend.

I have to leave work early today to take Steph to the doctor for her calfs. They are really bothering her and even the xc coach agrees with me that it is time to see a doctor. She has sports pictures first then we will head to the doctor.

Running the dishwasher on no heat dry. Have porterhouse steaks marinating for dinner. Will make parsley potatoes and a veggie for dinner. Packed dh and my lunches.

My Redskins won last night. YEAH!! Time for me to get to work.

Charlotte

Closed Thread