Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Charlotte,Way to go on your wins.
Norma,way to go on the gain.I will be praying for the little girl.
Connie,Way to go on your stuff!
Anna,Sounds like you are all enjoying cocoa.I am sure she will be a good puppy and is bringing you all a bunch of joy too.
Frugal for me?Dh took the car for an oil change and he had to have something major fixed of the car.Looks like in 6 months we will be getting new tires again.I took the middle dd to her cross country met and that was kind of fun to watch.Then we came home and worked on the basement had a talk and figured to put a new tile in there.Went to Lowes picked out the other tile and then went to Sams and spent about 37.00 there.I came home and got the truck and went back to Lowes for the tile.I am thinking one box will go back.It would be nice if we could get the one room done with the floor so we could get some of our space back.
Oh and on top of that I was looking at my dog and she had a huge pink spot on her fur,she looks like she has been into maybe my strawberries and maybe eating them?? I also had to give a bath and was up her bedding.She was very happy about the bedding being washed and I even looked to see if she had killed any birds ect.Nope nothing to be found.So hoping that she will be ok.Seems like we are having alot of unexpected bills to be paid and just need to watch our money even more for now.
Dh said that the guy at Goodyear was saying that next year tires are going up in the next 6 months.Not good.
Mish
Old 09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma Im sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was special for you

Lisa is there a college or university near you? Sometimes they have graduate students give counseling with supervision for free. Prayers for You both. It is very hard to let your child learn the hard way. Ive done it and am available if you need it.
Anna they were all so cute, especially the one you picked.I had the raised bowls when we had greyhounds but gave it to greyhound rescue when I could no longer walk such a big dog. They are also gentle giants

Jean I am so happy to hear from you, Please take it easy. You have been through so much be patient with yourself.
Dgd went to her 1st school dance last night. She and her bff were so cute. They were beyond excited and had a great time. They came home, picked up bffs little sister and spent the night. Today they were all in the yard playing fort in our new fenced in patio. It is so cool seeing her go from a cool teen to a kid again. My new sheers were delivered and I am happy with them

Prayers for Peace And religious freedom today

Old 09-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for your support gals, I really appreciate it. I'll check with the colleges and see what my pastor has to suggest.

Barb, yes, I have heard of phantom pains actually. A good friend of mine says she has hers once a month, just as if she was having her period so she warned me this past weekend when we were together to expect it after my hysterectomy takes place.

I just wanted to pipe in on that, I need to get moving. Hopefully I'll have more time to post tomorrow.

Hugs all,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Norma

What is a Avery Pad? I looked at Walmarts yesterday at their labels and while they looked like a good deal, the mini labels I use theirs were 60 to a page instead of 80 that you get a Staples and Krogers.

Well today has been a mixed day. Got a letter from the state dept. of taxation saying I hadn't filed for the first half of the year and that I needed to file whether I made money or not. Called the accountant and told her "I told you in January by email that we weren't doing retail sales this year, why didn't you file 0 tax return or call me". She claims she didn't get my email, sigh! I will be penalized for not filing, don't know how much yet. Dh and I talked about it and we're pretty sure we're going to "go out of business" at the end of the year. We'll still have our store and sales but will be listed as a hobby instead of a business. Our stores collect and pay taxes as it's considered wholesale but we're paying way too much in accounting fee's, the mistake last year with not paying the taxes to the state something like that... we'll loose a few perks on claims but can still itemize all our expenses, etc. I'll drop the website as well and create a new one that isn't domain registered. We just aren't making enough money to warrant all the paper work and accounting fee's.

I have to check into how we disband.

Well I'm off to bed, have spent the whole day making candles and labeling this evening.. I'm tired.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Anna
Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma - Happy Birthday, glad you had a nice one. Mine is next Saturday. I've signed up for a lot of the chain free dinners so will have fun using them. Will celebrate my b'day this Monday with my granddaughter while she is town, lives 4 1/2 hours away. It will be good to see her.
Went to Publix today, purchased $25.80, Paid $2.60, purchased rice, hot sauce and relish for the food pantry to which I donate. The lady behind me was a Publix employee, looked at the screen with the totals and said, "Look how much she purchased and how little she paid."
Old 09-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Nine Year Member

Having lunch at church today Sept-May we have a church family luncheon on the 2nd Sunday today is make your own taco, nachos & burritos. I chopped up the onions yesterday and chopped up tomatoes from the garden this morning as my contribution.

I would have thought that the accountant would have contacted you about not getting the paperwork to file for you, Anna.

Roberta
Old 09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Sunday morning everyone, Not sure what today is going to bring, I'd like to go to the beach though.
Yesterday we went to DH's cousins garage sale, got some good deals and had a nice visit. Then we went for a very nice ride on the way home and stopped at a local restaurant, McMenamins and had a burger almost like one you make at home.

Nice and cool here in the mornings but it does heat up in the afternoons. I still have vegies in the garden still some zucchini out there.

Last edited by LaurieS; 09-12-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: sp
Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Morning. We are getting much needed rain here today. Not much going on. Will do some cleannig and my ironing today. Get things ready for the work/school week.

Charlotte
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Kudos to all of you with great garage/yard sale finds!

Mish, I'm right there with a lot of expenses right now. Hang in there.

Barb, I do get the phantom cramps from time to time as well. I also get really tired and cranky about once a month as if my period is coming on. Weird!

Lori, I'm not sure how I would make out on unemployment? Are part-time workers even eligible for unemployment benefits? I am thinking they will keep me on at leat until after the holidays. There is a strong suspicion among my co-workers that the new secretary doesn't intend to stay. She took this job to relocate from Colorado and has had much more challenging positions in the past involving travel, etc. We think she will be continuing to look for something more suitable. She is extremely stand-offish despite our efforts at being friendly.

I don't have much planned today. Just stripping beds and hanging sheets outside to dry. I will also wash up Sam's bedding since it's starting to smell like a dog - LOL! I will continue to work on the decluttering. I have been making a lot of progress. The dining room is almost clutter-free!

I'm making pork loin on the grill along with risotta and broccoli for dinner tonight. I need to bake something for dessert, just haven't decided what yet.

It's supposed to get kind of warm here for the next couple of days. I'm hoping I can convince DH to keep the A/C off.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 09-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Nine Year Member

It is raining here today. We really need it. Not to much going on. I plan on making a big pot of chili and baked ziti to eat during the week. DH is going to grill a steak for dinner and chicken for sandwiches for his lunch.

Have a great day!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills

Closed Thread