Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna I think your grave and marker are a great remembrance of Angel. I think we all fell off the food wagon this long weekend.
Erica my Dish went up again also so I switched to At&T Uverse. So far we really like it and it is cheaper
Chris wow 48 trees, I wish I lived closer, great job on the Blazers. They always look so nice
Cheryl, I know you hated doing it but I think it was the right thing for mama cat
Kathy good luck with the decluttering, I swear it is an ongoing problem here. I think it just grows here
My nerve damage has been bad so Iíve been laying low. I do miss going to the pool. Dh has a stress test tomorrow so he will have the car but Iím going Friday for sure. Iíve been working around the house; I need to get the fall stuff out. The weather has been cool around 70-75. Iíve been using the salad dressing no one is using as sandwich spread just to use them up. Working my menu to use what we have and cut down on expenses but I cannot keep Kleenex in the house. Five of us have allergies, between tissue and tpaper I never stop buying

Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I used up the last of our "about to expire" milk with some "almost stale" bread, added some eggs and made a giant batch of French toast--20 slices! Right into the freezer for fast breakfasts. This only took me about 1/2 hour including cleanup so it was time well spent today.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member

Here it is Kathy

Grandma Brendel's Coffee Cake
4 c flour
2 c sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 c shortening
cut together keeping 1/2c for the toppping
2 c sour milk
1t baking soda
1t salt
mix with dry and pour into greased 2 9" round pans.

Pour 1/2c melted butter over batter, mix 1/2c brown sugar into remaining flour mix add 1/2t cinnamon and sprinkle over top. Bake 350 for 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.

Roberta
Old 09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

KATHY - great job on de-cluttering. I need to get back at that.

MMMMM - french toast. Bread pudding would also be good.

Dinner is done as well as dishes.
Momma is home looking very skinny! Poor baby. She is still wanting to love on me - I guess they don't hold grudges. 3 outdoor babies went to see her right off. She is in kennel in garage. Doesn't like it a bit! Boy was she hungry. Looked out a minute ago and she was resting. Have a fan going in there so she won't get hot.
The feral place I am on list with - keeps cats 48 hrs. and says then they can be released outdoors. This place said keep her in for 7 days!! No way that will happen. She'll go nuts. I'll see by Saturday on how she's healing.
I'll shut up about cats. I'm sure I bore you all.

We have had so many butterflys this year. They have been everywhere. My Live-forever is blooming out front and it is covered with butterflies. So pretty. We have all types.
We also have tons of spiders and webs outdoors! Don't know if that means anything about winter. Every morning there are new big ones all over. It's amazing how fast they create them.

Ok, I'll hush. Hope you all have a restful evening.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Evening read everyone's post. You are all so busy. I had a very busy day at work. I am glad it is a 3 day week.

Steph had a xc meet today. We had to run to the store and pick up 2 more binders for her. I had to get milk.

Nothing else going on here. The weather is cooling off.

Charlotte
Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Assistant Moderator

Anna hugs. Maddy is such a sweet girl. Great way to shop for boots.

Blondie great job on the free trip.

I had great plans to start low carbing this week. I didn't plan on not being able to buy what I needed at the local market. Lesson learned. Will need to drive to the next town for good fresh produce that last longer than a day or two.

Chris since Stuie is a service dog he can go anywhere. Wonderful on the free apples!!

Kathy I need to declutter and organize my craft room too.

Today I took Stuie for a haircut then back to town to eat out with dh then I worked with my friend for the rest of the day.

Cheryl you don't bore us with stories about fur babies!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Good late evening everyone

Barbzy

Good going utilizing about to expire items too! I use to love french toast but after changing our eating habits over the years, can't stand the smell of syrup.

Nothing new frugal to report I don't think... just been hanging out at the house. Dismantled the cage then we started talking about getting a new puppy and looked online at a place that doesn't kill the animals, they keep them till they are adopted.. it's called Pets Without Parents. They had several cute german shephard mix puppies which is what we are looking for but we are treading slowly on this decision. With Katie getting up there in years we really want to get one for her to train but there are alot of "what if's" with winter closing in. I think we'll fill out their application as you have to be checked out, references, etc. and when the time comes, it'll be there and we can go ahead with our plans.

Connie

Yes, no argument about it Maddy is one special little girl very generous and kind. I keep telling her I'm going to be sad when she grows up and doesn't have time for us "old folks" LOL! The years go by so quickly. Only 4 more years and she'll be driving the Mustang her Dad bought her, well he's still paying on it but it's hers.

Cau

I hope you get to feeling better soon.. doesn't sound like you let it get the best of you though with working around the house despite feeling low.

Well I'm off to try to do a search again for my fishing line spool.. I had it the other day when I was making the keychains and put it somewhere outside my craft box and now can't find it despite knocking over the entire storage box of beads and buckeyes what fun that was crawling around on the floor trying to pick it all up.

Anna
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma - hope they get the phone problems and other internal problems worked out where you work. It is hard to do your job without good phone service.
I am proud of getting paint for 1/4 the retail price for a 5 gallon bucket. I started out this morning to price it, went to Home Depot and Lowes, made a list of the gallon price and 5 gallon price plus the brand name. Then, I planned to go to the Habitat for Humanity Store, now called a Re-Store and they have such nice things. The paint was $152 in Lowes and Home Depot, had been $75 in the Habitat store, but today was 1/2 price, so $40 for a 5 gallon bucket! The man who is doing the inside painting for me wanted one 5 gallon bucket but he is not painting my living room. So, I bought another 5 gallon bucket to paint that myself. I also bought another brand for Kilz for $15 a gallon instead of $25. As always, God Provides! The paint is new, never opened. Most things at the Habitat store are leftovers, odd colors, cans are sometimes only a partial can, but not these buckets of paint. It is white semi-gloss. It sure takes up room in the front seat of my van, but I can't lift a 50 lb. bucket of paint, so will wait for the painter in a few days!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Nine Year Member

Blondie, If those 5 gallon cans are metal becareful of the lid, I slided the tip of my finger off years ago on one getting a can out of the car.

Ordered one of Angel Food Ministries new meal boxes yesterday they now have three standard boxes a small, medium and large option plus the extras.

Making deliveries and dropping brochures this morning.

Roberta
Old 09-09-2010, 03:19 AM

Blondie

Good score on the paints... geez that stuff sure has gone up in price over the years.

Frugal today? Hopefully staying home. I paid off 2 credit cards today using a lower interest rate card, will have it paid off in 4 months... interest was 2/3rd's less than the major cards I paid off so huge savings there and 2 less bills I have to worry about. One was a major bank card that is for our Vet bills, last month I did not get a statement from them at all kept waiting and waiting and checked my online bank account to see when I had paid them, we were almost late on the payment by the time I called. I still have not received that bill, got the new one and just paid it in full. With the new credit laws, I read a business article about the ways banks are going to try to get money from their customers since they can't do some of the nasty little tricks they did by charging outrageous late fee's and raising your minimum payment if you were late one time. I also hear the banks are going to start charging for what was free checking accounts so I'm watching that closely as I have 4 free checking accounts and a free savings account right now. They talked us into signing up for 2 free checking accounts to transfer money from our main accounts when we wanted to buy something online with the debit card, they said this would stop any hackers from emptying out our main accounts, you only put the amount of your purchase in that account and buy online. Good plan but not if I have to pay for it. I have already started getting notices from our bank offerring online statements instead of them mailing them out, I think probably over the next few months they'll want to start charging for those printed and mailed statements. My goal is to stop using the debit card and using cash instead.

Anna

Closed Thread