Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:27 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~August 2010

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna
Old 08-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just subbing!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, on your last post, sad, the fighting. So happy you were able to stop it in time for him to not get in trouble. The last thing that boy needs is to screw up his military ranking and career.

Ok, subbing! No rain here, just gonna be HOT!

Hugs all.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning all:

Just peeking in to say hi. It is sooooo hot here today, it means another day in the house for sure.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Assistant Moderator

Cheryl this landlord is way better than the gal one I had but he will not put one cent into the building. It is wrong but that is the way it is. The salon gals are sick and tired of doing it all. Two out of five of the renters will pull their weight. That is me and the salon gals. lol It should be a community endeavor but we will see and I will not hold my breath. I will talk to the saloon gals today about how they would like the bathroom supplies handled. Until I moved in they supplied everything. I will suggest that the other MT and I toss in two rolls of tp a month to start.

Mish, thanks so much for the prayers. I talked to Bar Bar and another friend about it, I feel better and have a few ideas.

Kathy, yeah I like it when kids give the slient treatment much better than mouthy! Hugs to you. Remember I am here if you need me.

Lisa I agree get the hysterectomy!! Take the ovaries as well.

It is so hot here too. Our electric bill was $380. We will try harder to shut off and unplug stuff.

Anna thanks for the recipe. Thank heavens no carpet in the bathrooms it was the toleits that were so smelly. I will use that at home!!

Sadly looks like the green beans are done in the garden. I have six quarts in the freezer. I counted on the green beans since Jasmine can only eat about four veggies. I don't know if I should try to replant or not. It is late for that. I have other garden stuff coming out my ears. Farmers Market didn't fly, no one will support it. They say they will but they don't . It is what it is.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

JoAnne, I used to buy rice cakes all the time and had gotten out of the habit, since you mentioned them I've been buying them again. I have the cinnamon sugar ones right now, not as good as the apple cinnamon IMO.

Connie, Did you check out the place in Hays? Are you going to do it?

Cheryl, sorry it's humid there again, just hot and dry here. I don't have to go anywhere today so I can just relax inside where it's cool.

Mish, sorry your dog is grouchy, you said she was growling at your dd, could dd have accidentally stepped on her foot or tail or something to make this happen?

Kathy, I'm sorry to hear it's so hot there, that can't help with your other current problems. Hopefully dd's attitude will change soon, she'll have to figure out the bad attitude won't get her anywhere. Prayers continue. On a lighter note are you part time now? Five half days or 2-3 full days or what?

Anna, glad you were able to break up that fight. I guess dh just likes being home with you!

Roberta, wow, that's a lot of produce from your garden.

Cau, pretty soon you're going to have a whole new house with all that remodeling and painting, etc. Bet it looks great.

Lisa, did the Link card arrive? Can you find out if the funds rollover so you won't lose the first month after today? If they don't rollover take those girls with you to push extra grocery carts and SHOP SHOP SHOP.

Nothing too exciting going on here today. Love that I get to stay home all day, was babysitting dgd yesterday for most of the day. Need to get the bathroom cleaned today and plan to cook a ham I've had in the freezer. Then tomorrow I babysit again. Have a great day everyone.
Jacki
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

lisa..when i got my link..i had to go to the public aid place and get it..because it has a 4 number pin...and you have to manualy put that in..maybe you should call and check on that...jmo...

desi is doing better...weve been going to pt..and shes doing more now..she still hurts..but is getting on ok...we have to go to stl on thurs...so we leave early for that...tommorw is more pt and we have to sign up for school and get that done...desi will take her wheel chair so she can sit more of the time while we are at registration...

well all..im just subbing for right now...im at our trailer..and brougth the walkie talkie with me...so i can work around here some..and watch my dvr thats over full..lol...

so ill be back later..

have a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 08-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

ANNA - Glad you were able to break up the fight. Dh is getting used to home life huh?

LISA - so glad things are starting to come together. A friend of mine got part of her "back-pay" for unemployment yesterday and the rest was to be applied today. Hoping you get yours quickly. Can you SHOP TILL YOU DROP??

ERICKA - glad Desi is doing better. Nice and slow.

FRUGAL today - not much going on here today. It's currently 94 and heat index is 110. Hotter tomorrow. We did have a downpour for about 1/2 hour this AM. Had to water pots tonight. Also sprayed the tomato plants as the grasshoppers are eating all new and young growth.
All meals from home. Even tried to take a nap - but I couldn't fall asleep. Too hot to do much of anything.

STAY COOL and have a nice evening.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Assistant Moderator

Lisa did you have fun shopping?

Ericka so glad Desi is feeling better.

I am going to check out the salon in Hays. I am also contacting THE spa in Hays. If I am going to look, I will look at the best place too!

Going to a concert downtown tonight. Gonna be very hot. Heat index is at 104. It will be fun. I know the PTO will be selling cotton candy!!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My best friend, 79 yr. old lady, was in the hospital last night and today. I purchased $.99 double stack burgers at Wendy's and senior drinks for those who wanted them. Did the same last night. She was discharged today. It appeared she had a TIA but no test showed it. They did not do the MRI until today, almost 24 hr. after her passing out episode. She is home now.

Closed Thread