Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:12 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today - July 2010

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna
Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, you closed the thread before I could post! I had a nice one too.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 AM

Anna's Gardens

Here is a link in our gardening section of our raised bed vegetable garden that we planted this year.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/g...ml#post1002688

Hope you all will get a chance to come over and take a look and maybe post some photos of your garden from this year.

Anna
Old 06-30-2010, 06:20 AM

Oh Lori Mae

I am so sorry... I've never had that happen before, wonder where it went?

Anna
Old 06-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, I'm sorry to her about Angel, thinking of you and David and hoping she is not in a lot of pain.

Lisa, Happy B-day to Rachel and Happy be-lated to Alyssa and Megan.
Sorry about the unemployement, I hope you are able to find something soon. God does provide. Glad your Mom is doing better.

Happy summer everyone Anna, Lisa, Norma, Chris, Connie, Joanne, PootersMom, Karen, Jacki, Jean, happymom...

Last edited by LaurieS; 06-30-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna--
Great photos of the garden! You've done a lot of work and it shows!

Lisa--
I sure hope you are able to get your ex to step up and do what he is supposed to do. And I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of the unemployment wages--no warning just seems so unfair! Happy b-day to Rachel--you have so much to be proud of in your daughters!

Had another nice day and night weather wise in the last 24 hours, and more to come today! I am so thankful for that! Frugal is taking lunch and snacks to work, and I've been combing the coupons and sales fliers to see what I might be able to match up.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Subbing but real quick, I got thru to child support enforcement, woo hooo!!! I was her first caller and had her cracking up. Good, I started her day off well. Between us both the paperwork will be in the mail by the end of the week but it is now officially in the system. I asked her if my issue happened a lot and she said it was rare that an ex spouse called for the parent owing the support and asked for less money to be taken out. I explained due to his much lower pay it was only fair, I just wanted the percentage due and she said she understood but usually she had custodial parents irate. I told her to feel free to tell her cohorts I was insane. She said she wouldn't but I'm sure she did. Honestly, he owes so much in back support that he still has to pay a little extra each week anyway.

Roberta, once I get the Link card I won't utilize the food banks unless absolutely necessary. Plus our food banks are running low on food, so many people are being forced to use them.

Anna, great pictures!

Chris, I bet you're loving this weather aren't you?

Ok, gotta get moving. I'm just so happy I got thru to child support enforcement I could do cartwheels!

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Crap, after all that didn't sub, lol!
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Assistant Moderator

Oh Anna my heart is breaking for you. I am so so sorry. I am here if you need me. Hugs.

Lisa, you have such a great outlook. I know something wonderful will work out for you.

Norma, I forgot about gift baskets. Will do that today. I am having trouble staying focused. Need to write more lists. I was having a challenging day yesterday. I am missing gf stuff you know? Still haven't made great friends here all in time.

Will be cleaning out the freezer today. Getting more potatoes than we can eat so will be making frozen hashbrowns. The kids adore them. Saves me $$$.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM

LoriMae

Back at ya on the good weather wishes...

Man, it is just a completely awesome day here, 70's light breeze, birds are singing...Ahhh!! my kind of weather.

And thanks again to everyone for your support on Angel..it may happen quick or it may last a long time, we are hoping a long time as long as she's perky and not in pain as she is now. A guy at the Vet office yesterday ask me how old she was and he couldn't believe it, he said she was hopping around there like a 2 year old.

Lisa

You don't need to sub, as soon as you post something in the new thread it automatically subscribes you.

Anna

Closed Thread