Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today~March 2010

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.

Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 03-01-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

subbing..ill be back later to post..

have a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Time flies when you're having fun huh Anna? Subbing!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Monday everyone. Frugal today is packing my lunch for work. Making dinner at home. The Geek Squad came out today and check our new computers. This was part of the package we bought. We did buy a new router. The one that came with the package wasn't strong enough for our house. I will return the older and get my account credited. Dh paid for the new one from the man that came out. Now everything is working fantastically. Dh is thrilled to death about the new office and computers.

I spent Saturday going thru old papers in the 1 filing cabinet. I spreaded alot of old stuff. We only need 1 --2 draw filing cabinet instead of 2.

Will start working on my menu's for the next 2 weeks. This week is my grocery shopping week. Will work on my grocery list also.

Charlotte
Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Well I was motivated this morning about the turkey not so motivated this afternoon after cleaning and organizing in the house... why did I look in our closet floor? Ick... dust bunnies, shoes we don't wear, one shoe missing it's mate, so I cleaned in there and tried to reorganize it.

Anyways, just pulled 2 meatloafs out of the oven, have potatoes peeled and chunked in cold water to make mashed potatoes later along with veggies and coleslaw and Girl Scout cookies for desert, LOL!

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Anna
Old 03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone! Just subbing
Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

also subbing
Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

LISA - you are bound to be anxious. That's a long way for your baby to go. How long will she be in Europe? That sounds so exciting. I bet she is excited (yet nervous too).

NORMA - great going on the classes. Also on loosing the weight.

FRUGAL - had to go pay the health insur. today. Oh, how that hurts every month!! Did stop at WG and got Excedrin with my 5.99 off coupon. So I got 124 tablets for 1.00. Not something we normally use - but good to have on hand. Did some mending. Looking at fabrics to see what I have - thinking of making a new spring purse. Came across 4 napkins (that I bought sometime!) in the material box - so brought them upstairs. They had the price of 10 cents ea. on them.
Still working on de-cluttering.

We can finally see about 2/3 of the front yard, and spots in the back. High today is supposed to be 39 - and they predict 50 by the weekend. WOOHOO! We'll see - not counting on it.

Need to do taxes sometime. Just hate too, as I know we will owe state (always do). But from priliminary figures - nothing to Fed.

Going to go piddle some more.
HAPPY MARCH!!!!! Let's hope it's all up hill (weatherwise) from here on out!
Take care friends
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for me?
Today went to my class and also had to reschelude my oldest coubsling appoinmnent.I did come home and only spent 1.00 to have the middle dds form faxed out to the middle school.She starts doing track after school pretty soon here.
Not sure what I am making for supper yet but enjoying the nice weather.The dog even got a walk in too.
Mish
Old 03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Rotten day here , and I am so mad at myself I could scream. We lost power last night and when it went back on the surge killed my new bedroom LDC TV. I go to pull the paperwork and of course I can’t find them. They must have gotten tossed with the box. No paperwork no warrant. I am just so ticked at myself. I have every bit of other info just no receipt. What an expensive way to learn a lesson. It was only bought Black Friday. I know it can’t be changed but I’m just so mad

Closed Thread