Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:47 PM

Lightbulb What Did You Do Frugal Today~January 2010

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.
Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"
What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna
Old 12-31-2009, 07:11 PM

Happy New Year Everyone .

I've been busy all day today running from store to store with dh... we went to the post office to mail a order, then were on our way to the candle suppliers when the windshield wiper broke so we had to come back home and change vehicles. Went to the suppliers, then to Walmarts where I was going to turn in my Christmas gifts but there were at least 50 people in line, I said No way and took the stuff back to the truck and went back in to do my shopping.

Keeping in mind a thread I'm on on another site and one I'll be opening here in a few minutes... Can You Survive For 30 Days? I bought 2 big bags of dog food for the girls to last a month. I'm really trying to focus on this mindset this year.

Cheryl

I use post reply... good idea about posting and editing.

Barbar

Thats a nice bargain for the grandkids. I saw tons of great gift pkg. deals at Walmarts today that could be used all year round for gift giving for girls and women, perfume sets, body lotions, gift packs of lip glosses, all 50% off.

Bluebird

Have you checked on whats in the Sunday papers in this new area yet? Hope you can get coupons delivered and maybe get double coupons?

Lisa

What worked best formy sister and me for acne was Noxzema, my sister had and still does have problems with what they call "blackheads" the Noxzema worked better than anything else and believe me, as teenagers we tried it all. Clearasil, mud mask, some kind of sticky glue like stuff you painted on your face and let it dry, LOL! none worked as good as Noxzema.

SusieC

Welcome Back.

Anna
Old 12-31-2009, 07:24 PM

Here is the link for the "Could You Survive For 30 Days".

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/m...tml#post970488

Anna
Old 12-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy New Year friends!!!

Anna, we've tried Noxema, not working for her. I'm going to send off for the Pro-Active. I know Jean had a bad reaction to it, but 2 of my brother's kids have used it and made a huge difference. Going to try it, have her just use a little for a test.

My brother and his kids, as well as his fiancee' are here, we had our Christmas at Mom's house. Lots of fun! Then we went to my cousin's to bring in the New Year. We played games, the kids ran around and had a good time. I brought my girls and my niece home about 1 am.

I'll wrap it up for now. I wish you all a very Happy 2010!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy New Year, friends! I hope this is a good year for all of us. I wish health and happiness for all of you!

It looks like 2010 is starting off COLD: it's 9* here this morning, and the high is only supposed to get up to 13*. Tonight it's going to be -8*! Definitely a good day to stay inside and get some things done. DH and I will be putting Christmas away today. As we pack the stuff away, we will get rid of some stuff. My major goal this year is paring back and simplifying. I'm going to start with a major decluttering.

Anna, Noxzema always worked for me as a teenager, but neither of my DD's have any success with it either.

missibob, I hope everything works out for your dd & dsil, whatever that means.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Day. I will talk to you later!

Old 01-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kathy, it's a frigid 19 F here now! Our high is only supposed to be 23 F I believe. Good idea on the de-cluttering!

Not sure what will go on today. We won't be going far, no $$$ for fuel, and no desire, lol! Probably spend the day back and forth between my mom's and my house with my brother and gang in. The big meal will be eaten at Mom's house.

Hope you all have a lovely and peaceful New Year's Day.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:01 AM

Good morning all!!

Hope you all were able to enjoy the festivities last night - no matter where you were.

The adult "pajama party" was a lot of fun. Everyone had a great time. We played everything from Balderdash (I had not played this before) to Sorry. There were great appetizers, and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I, too, will be taking down Christmas today, and staying in.

Joanne, I hope your dd and dsil can work out their differences. For her, it is good to know that she has your backing, whatever she decides to do.

Ladies, better go. Breakfast is finished, and I need to get dressed and get moving here.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

For some reason not getting my notifications again for this thread. Going to re-sub again.

Lisa
Old 01-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy New Year!
Oh, brrr, Kathy! Yes, definitely sounds like a good idea to stay in and hibernate. How are you feeling today?
Lisa, have a nice time today with your family!
Welcome, susiec! I hope your classes are going well.
Pam, mexican food sounds wonderful!
Anna, sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday.
Frugal today will be staying home. I plan to make some brownies and homemade pizza and work on some knitting projects. Last night, we went to the neighbor's karaoke party. It was a lot of fun and great food. I brought some cookies. The best part, though, was this guy got up and sang, then proposed to his girlfriend. She had no idea! lol That definitely made the party.
Well, just lazing around this morning and playing on the computer. Guess, I should get my self moving here.
Take care, my friends, and may this be the best year ever!
Jamie.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Well I lost my first message. Here goes 2nd try.

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Welcome back SUSIEC

I'm glad to see everyone had a safe holiday. I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, PROPEROUS, AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

YESTERDAY - stripped the bed completely, did 4 loads of laundry in cold, hung some and dried some. Did some de-cluttering myself - lots more to do. Didn't leave - so no spending. All meals from home. Made homemade spanish style rice and refired beans (from soup beans), then used that to make enchiladas last night. YUM. Have enough stuff left to do it again in a couple days. Put on a corned beef brisket in crockpot last night on low to cook all night.
TODAY - getting ready to make cabbage and black eyed peas (supposed to all be lucky!). Just been piddling this morning.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. WIll check in later.

Last edited by pootersmommy; 01-01-2010 at 07:36 AM.

Closed Thread