Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today-December 2009

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.
Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"
What did YOU do frugal today?

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 12-01-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My frugals so far today is cleaning out some candle jars that my friend had to make her candles in our barter, her sewing services for my candles. I have all but one of her candles made and had to clean out more jars. I have also crocheted one of the dish towels I bought the other day with the snowman on it and am getting ready to sew on a red button and work on some more. I have a total of 6 that I need to get done by Friday as I suspect we will be making a restock trip to our new store.

Dinner tonight will be tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Anna
Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

subing

Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Subbing.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

subbing
Old 12-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, you manage to really keep busy all the time!

Roberta, that's a very nice thing that you've done for your friend. I remember that drained feeling as well.

Not much new here, just same ol' stuff. I didn't do much when I got home except for make homemade chicken noodle soup. I didn't even get on the computer! Mondays wear me out for some reason.

Today's frugal, just the usual, cold water wash, food made from what we have on hand. I need to get off here and look busy, hard to do when there is nothing TO do!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am using up the rest of the Thanksgiving ham making a pot of bean soup for the freezer.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:02 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Did the normal frugal stuff today.

Charlotte
Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bluebird

How will you transport all the stuff from your freezer to the new house? Will it stay frozen enroute?

Well I've managed to get 4 of those towels done this morning, plus swept the front room again, made lunch, dug out the door Christmas Wreath... it's really cold outside and I need to go out to the shed to get the other wreaths for the front porch, hmmm.. maybe later. Change of dinner plans, now dh wants manwiches and chips along with coleslaw. Not a problem, hamburger is already thawed and ready to go. We still have pumpkin pie left so that will be dessert or ice cream with apple pie filling on top.???

Anna
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

convenience store special that last two weeks of the semester is on, $1.49 for a four meatball sub with cheese and toppings

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Closed Thread