FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What Did You Do Frugal Today (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/)
-   -   What Did You Do Frugal Today? October 2009 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/26240-what-did-you-do-frugal-today-october-2009-a.html)

barbszy 10-01-2009 11:35 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today? October 2009

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources.
Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"
What did YOU do frugal today?

jjoj 10-01-2009 11:43 AM

Wow, is it October already? Just subbing...be back later!

pootersmommy 10-01-2009 12:19 PM

CONNIE - Oh sweety CONGRATS!!!! I wish you all the best.

Glad to see many are doing better healthwise. And best wishes to those with new issues.

You miss a few days and there's a ton to catch up on! You have all been so frugal!

I have had a very busy week. Got newsletter done and mailed. Visited the "infirmed". All are doing very well. Have been cooking from home.
TODAYS FRUGAL - picked lettuce from the garden and peppers and green onions for salad tonight. Frying chicken as we speak. Vacuumed and cleaned all woodwork and handrails. UNFRUGAL - had to go pay health and home insurance. GEESH! Nephew came by for a nice visit. Haven't seen him in ages. He was telling me I should write a book on being frugal. I told him he should write one on wheeling and dealing! He's something.
No money other than insurance spent in 3 days.
It's starting to drizzle. Highs in 60's and lows in 40's.
Hope you all have a lovely evening. Will check back later.
God Bless!!!

LaurieS 10-01-2009 01:39 PM

just subbing too

jeandeanette 10-01-2009 02:38 PM

Just subbing

bluebird 10-01-2009 02:52 PM

Cheryl I have green peppers that need to be picked. Gosh I forgot all about them.

Using hamburger I thawed for meatballs. Even with running to town at night we are eating at home. The Dave Ramsey class is working on dh. Yeah!

Thank you all for the good wishes on my store. Anyone know anything about filing for state tax? We don't have city tax. Gosh I need to get insurance too!

pootersmommy 10-01-2009 03:12 PM

CONNIE - I'm sure there are lots of things to think about. I'd call the State House and they can tell you where to go for Sales Tax forms, any payroll taxe forms, etc. Will you need Work.Comp.? Definately yes on liability insur. You will need a retail license too. I bet Anna could give you a lot of advice.

Everyone was talking Christmas the other day. I'm about 75% done. Have a few things for kids yet to get. I always do "goody" baskets. Fun treats or snacks and jar recipes and home canned jellies or jams, etc.. Everyone asks for them, so I guess they are a hit. It saves a lot of money, and heck everybody has to eat - right? This year baskets will be re-usable grocery bags that I got on clearance (like 50 cents a pc.)
Even the teens are now asking if they are "old enough" to get goody baskets. They get cheap school supplies, goodies, clearanced H&B, maybe a book, etc.
At least I know they will use, and not need to return.

Made a gal. of sweet tea, cleaned up dishes, and piddled around a little. It's getting pretty chilly in here. May turn on furn. for about 10 min. to warm up before bed. UGH!

Have a great one.

kathymac 10-01-2009 03:13 PM

I wish you could smell how wonderful my house smells right now. I think I might start drooling - lol!

Missibob, thanks for sharing that website. I will definitely check that out, as I tend to use things past the expiration date. It would be good to know just how far past they are still safe.

Lisa, it would definitely be awesome if I could get paid for 40 hours and work 20. If only!

Jamie, my work would definitely not go along with part time for me. They really need somebody full time. In the future, that might change and I will certainly let them know I would be interested in that.

I decided to warm up the lo corn bread from the other night instead of making rolls. I guess I better go do that since the veggies in with the pot roast are done.

Kathy

RobertaD 10-01-2009 03:14 PM

I have lots of peppers and tomatoes still on the vine this morning's light frost didn't seem to hurt them. It isn't supposed to get cold over the next week so I'm going to leave them on the vine to get a bit bigger.

The girls and I got our flu shots at the clinic today luckily they let me gets mine as well since it was the "kids clinic" time. Saved me gas and time from having to go back next week.

My Mom shared some pear tomatoes and chocolate chip cereal cookies with us.

Roberta

danstigerangel 10-01-2009 03:14 PM

Subbing
Tomorrow's Friday! YEAH!!!!!