Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Connie congrats on the great news and the new start in life.

Well frugal today will be making dinner at home for just dh and myself. Dh and I will be home alone this weekend. Looking forward to getting some cleaning done. Packed my lunch from last nights leftovers. That is it for the day.

Charlotte
Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie,so glad that you are moving!!
Norma,Hope you are feeling better!
Anna,I would be mad at my dh if he did something like that too!!
Cau,Good for you going and working out!
Frugal for me?I got the kids to school and had to stay and watch them as the sub wasn't there yet.I did get my paperwork all filled out so I can hopefully be a subsite at the one main school close by to the house.I don;t have school on Thursdays and Fridays!!
Today going to pay some bills.Not sure if I will go and work out as my kids get out of school early.Just trying to keep busy and i have a small headche too.
Oh and Lisa don't feel so bad about not being able to give up on the pop.I used to have pop in the moring and in the afternoon too.I stopped doing that a long time ago.Now I buy the 2 litters and have cut back to one glass a a day. I now have coffeee in the moring and that is about 1-2 cups of that depending on your big the cup is.But for me I get very bad headaches from not having the caffine.I am trying to go back to not eating at nightime and have done good for the last 2 nights.It is a struggle for me as I can tell I am gainng the weight.
Mish
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Woo Hoo Connie! Congratulations and best wishes to all of you.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie! How wonderful!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Super Connie, so glad to hear that you have a break in life!! Best wishes on your move and dh's new job.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Connie so happy for you and family. I know how much you have been wanting to get out of that town. Sorry you will have to leave your neighbor. God bless

I hope to stay home rest of day. Don't feel like getting out. Plus hope to do some baking
Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Patti, I was just thinking the same thing...a good day to stay home. It is drizzly out and I just feel like nesting.
Frugal today was using up some pears that were getting too soft for eating. Added them to an apple crisp for dessert tonight. Dinner is going to be chicken enchiladas with homemade salsa. I need to puree some more tomatoes and can some soup. I've never done it before, but found a recipe that looks fairly easy. We got a water delivery early this morning so finally can get some laundry done. Right now though, I am going to sit down and have a cup of coffee. Moving so slow today.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Jamie.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Connie, congratulations

Norma, I hope you're OK after that fall! Yikes!

Patrice, I'm crossing my fingers that the house works out for you & Lea. It sounds great.

DH wants pizza for dinner but I have stuff here to make quiche so guess what we're having! We can save the pizza $ for next Friday. DD wants to invite her friends here. It's Mischief Night, so we said she can have them here but we aren't letting anyone out of the house once they're in, until their parents claim them. They can watch movies, eat pizza, play games. It will cost us for pizza, soda and snacks but I'd rather know that they are all safe and not out doing something stupid. (Yes, I'm hiding all the spare TP!)

Attention Shop Rite coupon buddies: I mailed out some today!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa and Ericka,
I'm doing good this week, thanks for asking. I have depression and it tends to get me down a lot.

Missibob, so you are a Farmers Market girl and get your cans from the store, too, huh!!?? LOL!

OSI, I have never had ramen noodles, tuna, cheese and hot sauce but, I've got to say, you sure have me craving some!!
Do you use canned tuna? What kind of cheese? I don't care for much hot sauce but like mild.

Do you use that roaster pan often?
I use my crock pot a lot.

Jacki,
My fav thrift store is Goodwill on Chester simply because I can walk there! I walk downtown, look in there, sometimes the Woolworths antique building and stop at Vests for my soda.
Thats my exercise when I do it but I won't tell you how often I exercise these days.
I had the cinamon crunch bagels at Paners when we lived in SPF and Yes, they are yummy!!
Barbszy has metioned to me the asagio bagel with vegie cream cheese!

Jjoj,
You have me intrigued. Can you give me some of your menu ideas since you can shop and make the food last a month?
How do you do that?
What I have in the freezer is meat for two weeks and then I buy more..........
(We just have a small fridge top freezer so can't stock up.)
I have never had a smoothie........

Patrice, that house sounds just wonderful!!!!
Sitting outside around a bonfire, now that sounds heavenly!!

Connie, I can hear your excitement throught the screen!
Details???!!!

Roberta,
I am impressed with your savings at the store!!! Do you have double coupons where you live?
I miss that from the midwest and hardly use coupons at all anymore.

We are having cheeseburger hamburger helper, peas and blueberry muffins tonight. A neighbor lended us one of their movies they thought we would like called "A Good Year" with Russell Crowe. Anyone seen it?
We plan on watching that tonight.

This weekend we have a square dance and church. FUN!!

hugs, train

Patty, I am so sorry that you lost a friend. Hugs, my friend.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Good evening all!!

Thanks for the well-wishes. The swelling is about gone from the knee, and I have celebrex now. I will get myself out of the house to the x-ray place tomorrow morning and get that taken care of.

I need to go to Victoria's Secret - I got a coupon for a free pair of panties. And I got an e-mail from CVS that they want to give me either 4 of their disposable toothbrushes (like Wisps) or a candy bar. All for bringing in the coupon I just printed out. And I have to go get cat litter tomorrow.

Barb, thanks, I always can use at least 1-2 of the coupons you send, sometimes more.

Roberta, as always, you did a great job at the store. I am so glad you found your coupon wallet.

Got to go, there are dishes mounting around my ears - take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread