Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

just subbing
Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta, how is your finger doing?

Laurie, hope all is well with you. I'm sorry about the loss of your neighbor. Enjoy your weekend!

Anna, mmmm, your meals sound delicious, dang now I'm hungry, lol. Happy shopping today.

Charlotte, I hope you have a much better day at work. Believe me, I know how that is. And I do wish you a quick in and out at the courthouse this afternoon.

Rachel came home last night with 6 boxes of the mini muffins from Hostess for us, her friend's mom sent them over. Guess what I had for breakfast, lol, banana nut, yummm. Made chocolate chip cookies last night, did laundry, walked a mile. Just kind of the same ol thing but that's ok.

Not planning on doing a thing this weekend but putter around at home, oh, I do have to get Rachel's passport process started, we have to get a pic taken tomorrow then go go the post office and get going on this. That won't be frugal but it has to be done.

Boss is gone but he left me a ton of work, and I do mean that. I better get moving on it before he calls and asks if I did whatever it was.

Oh, and day 3 of no soda! Woo hoo!

Hugs all,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Isn't it great when you take your kids shopping and they show that they know how to look for a good deal, a sale, use a coupon? My daughter does the same (actually, Big DS does as well.) And fortunately, my sister's 2 daughters are also big bargain hunters, so they like to show off their bargains to DD. It's cool that they encourage each other.

I just opened a thread on teaching children to be frugal--so hop on over and share ideas on how you do it!

Bluebird, make sure you make an LLC (limited liability company) rather than incorporate. This protects your family's personal assets in case of any problems. You can find lots of books in the library telling you how to set up an LLC. My family did this last year as DH does a good bit of computer programming "on the side" and I do some freelance writing, so our LLC bills out for that work we do.

Anna, cool on the opportunity back at your old store. I'm sure some of your old customers will be happy to see your merchandise there.

A little splurge with DD this morning; she got up early and said, "I really want Chick-Fil-A for breakfast." As it happens, it's free-breakfast Friday today, so I said I'd take her over but she had to get the free thing, whatever it was, and she could get a hash browns to go with it. So I picked up the breakfast and hash browns for DD and Luke, who was happy when we got home and woke him up for his breakfast surprise. DD knows I would not do that unless it was free-breakfast day. Lucky us, it was Chicken Minis, so everyone liked it. I'm not sure the burrito would have gone over so well.

Lisa, I hope your DD will be feeling better soon. Glad your mom could be there for her.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb, thanks, she was feeling better today and went to school no problems. Love your free breakfast this morning!!!

I had to take a mini break from transcribing Boss man's dictation...yes, still transcribing on page 4! Heaven help me. He called in about an hour ago to check in, tell me a few things and he said "So, you all finished yet?" I snorted and said heck no, may not be till you get back. He just chuckled, we've come a long way. Still have our moments of discourse but it's some better, if my co-worker would stay out of it. I'm on a rant here, bear with me. She accesses the work program from home to check on what I've done work wise, then runs to him to tell if I havent' got some to do's done (she has no clue how swamped he's had me most days) and then she sends me a note on what I should be doing....yeah, do you now know why I want to find something else when she gets back? I despise that, I really do. When I was supervising secretary I spoke to the girl under me directly, not thru the bosses. Okay, gonna stop ranting now.

Back to my transcribing, if you don't hear from me by tonight, call for help!

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa my finger was gone from purple to red with large blisters with a little bit of swelling still can't make a fist. The actual cut has finally scabed over and itsn't as bad as I had thought last Friday night. DD2 says "GROSS"

I did run to Kmart and buy brackets for the kitchen window the curtain fell over the weekend and we never did find the brackets, and I bought a heavy duty curtain rod for the living room lets see Sady ripe this one down. DH will have to hang them this weekend. I did find 2 reflective vests on clearance for $1 each that will be my sister's birthday presents as they walk after dark.

Roberta
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Gang

Back from shopping and I did do it all (sigh). I got my sister 2 paperbacks with the discount coupon at Meijers they were 5.99 a piece, she'll be happy I think (this is the sister in town). I think I may do the same thing for her at Christmas or give a gc to the bookstore?

I did find one good buy... chocolate milk at Krogers 40 cents a half gallon, 90 cents a gallon.. expires in 2 days. We don't normally drink chocolate milk but dh does like it and I do too on occassion. I'm sitting here now drinking a glass of milk and eating mixed nuts, LOL! probably no dinner for me this late in the day.

Anna
Old 10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good deal on the milk Anna don't forget you can always freeze some in 1 or 2 cups containers.

Roberta
Old 10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,I hope you can get part of your building back and I am sure your customers would be happy too,.You have a wonderful job with watching your money and your meals too,.
Barb,I love free meals at anytime.
Lisa,I hope you will be ok at work.At least the free food you are getting is helping out I am sure.
Frugal for me?Went to my class with my coffee.And then had a free smoothie after class.Went to fill a prescption for dh who is getting sick.Picked up a container of dish soap with a coupon.It is funny as that is the one of the few things I have been able to keeo stocking up on.Well and got gas.
Tonight is the football game for homecoming.Not sure if I will go and sit in the rain.I can't really afford to get sick these days.It is going to be a busy weekend that is for sure.
Mish
Oh and I haven't gotten much done on my Biology so I had better try and get some of it done.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, that was a great deal on the chocolate milk! It would taste good in coffee, too, in place of creamer, I bet. Milk and nuts...sounds like a healthy snack to me.
Roberta, oh, my. Your poor finger! At least red sounds a lot better than purple does. I think. Take care of yourself.
Lisa, bless your heart. I hope you got a lot of transcribing done. Thank goodness it's Friday, huh?
Barb, what a nice treat for a fall morning!
Mish, how is your class going?
Frugal today-worked in garden this morning. Snapped beans and canned pizza sauce. Decided to make a pizza since I had extra sauce left over. Also made raisin bread for breakfast in the morning. I am exhausted. I am going to go relax and sit on the porch swing for a while and read a magazine. Oh, I think I will make a cup of mint tea, actually.
Take care friends, and have a fabulous weekend!
Jamie.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

ANNA - Hope the new "old" place works out. Could you put the warning label on a card attached with the ribbon? Just a thought.

FRUGAL TODAY - went and filled up tank. Stopped at nut place and got the stockup of nuts for dh. Ran in Aldi and got milk ONLY! I'm so proud of me!!!! hehehe
Cut all the grass, and also picked up loads on sticks and branches from last nights storm. I have enough gas for one more mow. Hope that's all I'll need. $10 gas for the whole summer. Not bad.
All meals from home. Had 2 visitors stop by at different times.
Have beans soaking and ham thawing for pot of beans tomorrow.
It's been really cool and windy today. High tomorrow is supposed to be MAYBE 57!!!! and windy! YUK. I plan on taking it easy this weekend. The last week or so has been incredibly busy. Might be a good couch and book time!!
Hope you all have an incredible weekend

Closed Thread