Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Nine Year Member

I've been reading and reading and not much posting.

Barb---I hope you feel better. I have heard that LaSalle is a good school. Best of luck to your ds in finding a college.

Mish---Saying prayers for your dd. Hope therapy helps her.

Kathy---You better not over do it!!! Relax.

Anna---Are you going to go hunting? You do look like a natural with that bow!

Have a huge pot of spagetti sauce cooking on the stove. I am also cooking a pot of 15 bean soup. When they are done I am making baked ziti for the freezer. I found that taking the time in one day and cooking makes things so easy during the week and we have descent meals.

Well that is it for now my friends.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Assistant Moderator

learning to turn off water when I'm taking a shower, to wash head, then body then turn
water back on to rinse off. I always like the water but need to save on the water
bill so this is one way I cAn. It amazing how much water you can save.

Barb, hope your son fines the right school, I feel he will.

Lisa hope your son passes his hearing test.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Nine Year Member

I did get the plastic storage containers for the freezer today. They fit perfect two on each shelf. The size was 11 1/2 X 16 at $2.99 each. Did not have to use the covers want the air to get in. Will start working on my other refrigerator freezer that is a side by side. The freezer looks so neat now, labeled the fronts even though they are see thru.
Bought some sweet ham sliced at Publix at the deli dept. on sale today. It is 99% fat free so can use it more freely. It tasted real good.

Lisa....Hope your son passes the hearing test and gets into the military.

Going to eat leftovers for dinner tonight. Want to try not to waste any food.
_______
Sueanne

Old 09-20-2009, 01:53 PM

Good afternoon all!!

Mish, I was afraid it had to with that, but would never have asked. I am so sorry that she feels that she is in such pain that shehas turned to that to try to relieve the pain. I will continue to keep your whole family in my prayers.

Jean, please don't stay away for so long. we miss you, and worry about you when you don't check in. And if it takes another surgery, planned this time, so there won't be the emergency factor in there, it should go much better and easier for you. Again, you will have to slow down too - no pushing lawnmowers young lady!! And you are not allowed to shovel snow this winter at all either.

Kathy - you have to slow down.

Lauri - you too, the weekends are for rest at this point. I don't think you are strong enough yet to take on everything.

Barb, yikes on the cost of LaSalle. Really good school, I would like to see him swing it, if possible. 1) Are his grades good enough; 2) what does he want to do; 3) what kind of general financial aid is available; 4) what kind of scholarships and/or grants are out there in the field he wants to go into; 5) does he play a sport for either a scholarship or a grant; 6) what kind of financial help will his scouting get him; and 7) is there anything available through his high school or your church?

Also, I am sorry to hear that you are having a "gushy" day. At least it is not hot today on top of that. Always a little more bearable.

Anna, what a bow!! You look like a natural.

I have had a wonderful day. Yesterday, I noticed that Asha had earmites. No big deal, except that she won't let me hold her to clean the ears. I was brushing her this morning, excused myself and went and got q-tips. She actually let me clean her ears. I couldn't get the medicine in, but she didn't run away, or fight me about cleaning them. She is truly coming around.

Then, after church I went to the grocery store. I saved over 50%. And a good part of that is due to Barb sending me a Shoprite coupon for Perdue chicken breast at $.99 lb with an additional $25 purchase (before any coupons). It was on sale for $1.99 lb. But with the coupon, I spent $3.17 on it and saved $3.20. I was thrilled. Overall I bought $56.78 and paid $25.33. Sometimes Barb gets store specific coupons we don't get in our store ads. Thank you Barb.

Well ladies, I have turkey thighs in the oven and will asparagus with it. It is a deliberate attempt to heat up the house just a little as it was pretty cool in here this morning, and it it is warmer when I go to bed this evening, maybe it will stay a little warmer throughout the night.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Jean, Kathy & Lauri - TAKE IT EASY GIRLS!!! Jean so sorry for addtl. surgery.

Mish - Prayers for your family. I hope dd responds to therapy. Bless her heart. She must really be hurting inside.

Frugal today - Not much going on. Fil came by for a visit. All meals from home. Didn't leave yesterday or today - so no money spent. No AC. It's been cool and damp here all day. Looked gloomy, so I even took a little nap.
Went out to feed the squirrels awhile ago. Baby was sitting in tree watching me. I said "Do you want a cookie?" And it ran down tree, across the yard, and was about to climb my leg, when it saw I was holding a cookie over the handrail. Up it ran and took it gently from me. They are so cute (even though they ate many tomatoes!!) lol. My dh has a great view of all the critters, from where he spends most of his time. He really enjoys watching them.
Finished up the roast beef tonight and made a mess of fried zucchini.
My begonias, impatients, and geraniums are still gorgeous, but the rest of the flowers look pretty bedragled. It's hard to believe that Tues. is officially fall. It won't be long till cold and snow!!

Hope you all have a great start to your week.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everyone -- you all have been busy for a Sunday!

Lisa: There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing it solo -- you want to find the best person for you.

Anna: What on earth are you going to do with that cross-bow?

Jamie: I PM'd you... Also, good going on the pizza sauce. We love it, but I end up making it and throwing it in the freezer, since we go through it so fast. Same thing with my salsa -- the kids eat it as fast as I can make it!

Mish: Thinking of you and your daughter -- our kids certainly do worry us sometimes...

We just got back from our Military event in the big city. It was good info, but I think all the guys were thinking the info could have been emailed. DH says they have been together for over a year and they don't want to spend one Sunday a month for the next three months together again... They just want to spend the time with their families.

Frugal today: We will be reimbursed for the mileage and tolls and both breakfast and lunch was provided. Another plus, just spending the day with DH by ourselves.

Now, onto supper!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Bar bar, I just want to say how much I like your signature line. Jennifer
Old 09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well,when we were taking our grandson back home,a hour and a half drive,we went to Subway and instead of a kids meal, we bought just the sandwiches ( they still have the 5 dollar footlongs,limited types though) and I brought our drinks and a large bag of chips I bought for 1 dollar at the grocery store. Saved booko for sure ! My frugality for the day :-)
Old 09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome, LdyLopes! Good thinking on the meals! I love Subway's spicy Italian sandwiches.
Pam, great idea to freeze the salsa and pizza sauce! We planted tomatoes from seed and had over thirty seedlings. We figured they surely wouldn't all make it, but yes, they did. I like the Romas best for canning. They thicken and cook quickly for sauces. Can't hardly blame the guys for wanting to be with their families on Sundays!
Norma, wow, that is so neat about Asha! I know you must be so pleased.
Oh, my goodness, Kathy! Your spaghetti sauce and Italian sausage sounds to die for.
We are having lots of raining and flooding today. It looks like southern Indiana is getting the worst of it. Cheryl, I hope it missed your area.
Well, I really should go to bed. Sweet dreams, everyone!
Jamie.

Last edited by jjoj; 09-20-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Morning all!

Welcome LdyLopes, and great thinking on Subway...I love Subway, lol!

Jamie, we had brief periods of rain, lovely to sleep in. I think we're clear till late tomorrow.

Yesterday's frugal. I made cupcakes, took some to our friend who helped Saturday with boxes and all for my son, then I made the ham and scalloped potato casserole. Alyssa had some of that but we went to the graduation party (college) at my cousin's and had supper there, bbq shredded beef, ribs, wings, baked beans, slaw, potato salad, chips, dips. Good eating.

I need to go wake the younger girls but frugals today will be eating the casserole I made yesterday (which I think tastes better the 2nd day anyway), bringing my lunch. I do have my gyne appt today so will be leaving work early for that.

Better get up and shake a tail feather. Will check in when I can! Happy Monday friends!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Closed Thread