Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today? July 2009

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources. Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What did YOU do frugal today?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Morning all, just subbing for now. Be back later!

Hope you're having a lovely day!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning.
Just subbing
Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

goodmorning everyone staying home and cleaning will have lots of company in and out all weekend im going to bake and cook so ill have stuff on hand

Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

frugal today is cleaning with products on hand, getting some stuff baked while it's cool and taking care of the garden...no need to get groceries this week but will take advantage of some sales on DH's mountain dew and cereal sales....4/$6 on the storebrand and it tastes just the same as the name brand and has the same weight.
Seriously considering purchasing a grain grinder and some wheat berries. Not frugal up front but could be very frugal if I can grow some of the berries on the windowsill year round...children in Maine did it so I should be able to manage it here.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen, have fun this weekend with your company!

Sue, I'm with you on some of the store brand cereals, there are a few I don't substitute but I don't pay full price either. I wait till someone has them on sale!

Last night we went to church after DQ ice cream cake at home. After the service we had pizza, in honor of Rachel's birthday, the pastor surprised us, she said she wanted to, I had brought so much for all of the kids' birthdays. We brought the chocolate chip cookies that I'd made the night before. It was a nice time of fellowship!

This morning I was up at 6 am, got 2 loads of laundry going, folded what was already in the basket and the load I took out of the dryer before I left. Made myself a breakfast wrap before I left the house, dropped off my mortgage payment (saved a stamp), put $5 in gas in the car, it was $2.79, then $2.71, I pd $2.65. I imagine it'll jump on Thursday or Friday for the 4th of July weekend.

Today's frugal, not sure if I'm going home or not, really need to save the gasoline. Also will turn the Link information in to the State. When I get home will make supper then just putter around the house, get some stuff cleaned up I hope. I'm itching to rip up the carpet in the living room but that is a HUGE undertaking as there's glue all over the hardwood. Yeah, I'm getting the redecorating urge again. No extra funds to do that so I'm going to have to try hard to squash that!

Hugs to you all. Hope you have a great day!
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:23 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Simplysue, I would enjoy learning more about growing wheat berries.
Lisa what a nice evening! Your pastor sounds so nice. I too am in the create mood. It really does bother me if I don't make something every week. Not a big project but at least something.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Canada Day to all Canadians. I'm sure the American July 4th is going to be a happy day as well.!! Weather here is kind of hot and humid and rain is threatening, hope not too much, as there are a lot of outdoor celebrations planned.
Received 3 full sized Power Bars yesterday in the mail. Strawbery, Chocolate and Peanut Butter, yummy! Only thing is I am not sure where they came from, LOL. I put my name in for freebies on Free Canada Samples, so I think it is from there.
Enjoy the day everyone.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lisa, Happy Birthday to Rachel! It sounds like she had a very nice day!
Anna, I am so sorry to hear Windi is still having trouble. Big ((hugs)) to you! I hope she is well very soon and back to normal.
Sue, my friend has a grain mill and loves it. They have a big family and it saves them money. I think they buy wheat berries from a nearby farm. What a cool idea to grow your own! You'll have to keep us updated!
Connie, how is your leg feeling today?
Missibob, how fun to get the samples. They sound like good ones!
Frugal today is staying home and out of stores. I am hearing some kind of construction going on or it's my neighbor baling hay. Probably my neighbor bailing hay now that I think about it. Trying to decide if I should water the garden or see if it rains. It is doing really well this year. Not much but basil so far, since we planted late, but the plants look healthy and are getting buds here and there.
Also frugal was getting fixings to make ruebens when we shopped on Friday. I figure it will be a lot cheaper than being tempted to pick one up at a deli or restaurant. I will probably make some coleslaw and oven fries to go with it. If I can motivate myself. Late night last night and I have been moving slow. I am sorry to admit that I am still in my p.j.'s! So, on that note, I'd better get with it...
Take care my friends, and I hope this a great day for everyone!
Jamie.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:13 AM

OT-Windi

Here is how the day has went. I have been worried about Windi and finally called the Vet to find out what kind of financial if any aid they could help us with so we could find out what was wrong with her. Well the only thing they had is something similiar to a credit card, it's from Wells Fargo and specifically for pets. So I went to the Vets (Maddy went with me) got the application, took it out to dh to fill out since he is the bread winner here, took it back to the Vets, was approved for $4000.00 of credit (whew) came back home to get Windi... no Windi to be found. Quick search through the house found her in my craft room, tucked back in a corner she now seems to favor. She had pooed several places in the craft room. So called the Vet back and told them she had solved her own problem (thanks Windi, saved us a bunch of money in testing) and she is now perky and cleaning her feet in the front room.

The power of prayer works, thank you to everyone who remembered Windi in prayer. Although we don't need this new credit card (it can only be used at the Vets) it is a big peace of mind to have it for medical emergencies in the future.

Oh and the culprit that had Windi plugged up? Found a cable twist tie like you tie things down with in her poo! Like this one but smaller and thinner.

http://www.allfasteners.com/Thomas-a...1_p_17235.html

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 07-01-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Closed Thread