Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today? May 2009

For encouragement in frugal ways--large and small--look no further. This is where we share helpful hints for stretching our money, saving time and making sure we don't waste resources. Remember, "frugal" does not mean "don't spend money!" It means "be wise with what you spend!"

What did YOU do frugal today?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good Morning and Happy May 1st!

It's STILL raining. I'm thinking that I may need to start building the ark.

Anna, I know in my area I've seen the backless slides too. I hope you can find them.

As far as the coupon party link, I just kinda snickered as I read it. It would be wonderful if it caught on. I think I'm going to check it out, just for grins.

Today is payday so I'll have to run into town at lunch time to put my check in the bank. Tonight will be Little Ceasar's pizza, $5 a pizza works for me. Last night we just had supper from leftovers in the fridge. Nothing else new here to report.

I hope you all have a nice and calm day.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We have our very own Coupon Party here at FC!

My neighbor and I have a longstanding coupon exchange going. I clip EVERYTHING out of my flyers and give her an envelope full of what I don't want. She cuts what she wants out of her flyers and gives me the rest of the flyers, and returns my envelope after she goes through it. Then I cut up everything in her flyer and the FC coupon club gets whatever I'm not going to use. It works well. She used to cut up her whole flyer too but now she works full-time so she just passes me the flyer to cut up.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Great idea swapping with your neighbor, Barb!

Anna--
Glad you weren't hurt worse than what you were in your fall.

Frugal today will be eating the Kashi meal that I got free with a coupon--free lunch!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

good morning all. frugal wasnt what i wanted it to be...lol. Phil, the girls and i went out for dinner last night at ruby tuesday....we ate whatever we wanted, we got 2 desserts..and when it came time to pay...phil wouldnt let me pay!!! i told him i asked him to dinner..and he said that wasnt how he rolled..lol. i love that hes like that..but i feel bad because the girls and i orderd stuff we wouldnt have normally ordered had we been on someone elses tab. sigh. hes a great guy....i love him desperatly....tonight hes going to look at my drivers window on the van...its slowing down when i try to roll it up...ill meet him and dusty at the roller rink....and drop the girls off to skate with dusty. we are hopeing they get along well. dusty and phil are laid back and relaxed..the girls and i are more ...intense. lol. total opposit personalitys. i tease him hes taking a walk on the wild side hanging out with me.

i guess the race that phil was going to in st louis is going to be rained out. or as he put it that its going to rain every couple hours, track will be wet..and its just not worth it to go and the races be stopped all the time. sooo i guess hes staying home. im sorry about that.. he wanted to go and hes disapointed that he cant go with dusty.

we have been trying to plan a little trip to maybe st louis to grants farm, or something like that...maybe stay over night..or we talked about going to holiday world this summer with the kids and maybe camping there like i did 2 yrs ago...that would be fun too. we are still talking gatlinberg...and things like that too..i just dont know what the plans are yet..bad for me..since its already may..and i have plans to go on vacation in july..i may not be able to afford gatlinberg. sigh...

any input on this ya all? lol. input is greatly appriciated...

hope you all have a good day....ill check back later...

Ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 05-01-2009, 05:12 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Not frugal yesterday....my van decided to do a start and stall thing repeatedly in my local supermarket parking lot! Went in the store to call DH and couldn't contact him(he was at work and on an installation)thankfully my neighbor walked in the door at that moment and drove me up to DH's work to get the Jimmy so I could get my groceries and Jefferson home and also pick Jacob up from preschool....it's a bad feeling knowing you need to pick up your child and not knowing how you are going to get there.The frugal part is we didn't have to pay for a tow truck. The store is only a quarter mile from the garage we use and DH's best friend has a tow strap that they were going to use but DH somehow managed to drive it there but it chugged all the way...this doesn't sound good but I slept well last night anyway as I know we have a good and honest mechanic who will fix it properly and in the most cost effective way possible.
Also frugal was I saved $99 and change at the grocery store yesterday.Spent $149 and change but am all stocked up on hot dogs(Oscar M @$1), chicken fryer legs(.79lb.)chicken breast boneless skinless(5 lb for $9), cheese(shredded $2lb),pop(pepsi $1 per 2 liter),100% juicefrozen (9for $10),pizza($1.80) and garlic bread ($1)I can't make those two items for that.Also got a year's worth of ketchup and bbq sauces, tomato [email protected] 3 for$1 and mccormik grill mates at 79 cents each.Also bought some non sale items as I wanted to make a big batch of chicken broth to be ready for soup should we get sick here.Got that done over the afternoon and well into the night. Still have to skim the fat from the top and put it in quart mason jars to freeze for future use.I know bullion cubes are far less expensive that making my own stock but the bullion doens't have the nutrition from the meat, veggies and spices that the homemade has....plus after making it homemade I've all ready been informed that my DH couldn't ever be satisfied with the cubes used for soup ever again LOL I can still use it in recipes that call for chicken broth though.
I have to go back and read that coupon link....missed it.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

just subbing.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy May Day, ladies!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here is a website on eating grains. DS had it listed today.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy May Day!!
Sue, I'm sorry about your van. Isn't that just the worst when you have things to get done? I hope it's an easy fix. Wow, kudos on the shopping trip! It sounds like you are well-prepared.
Anna, you might check the sales site for llbean, too. I got some clogs very inexpensively a few years ago and they've held up so well-good traction on the soles, too...what about ballet type flats?
Chris, enjoy your Kashi dinner! What kind did you choose? I got the mango and black bean, which was delicious.
Lisa, I love the coupon party idea!
Barb, what a smart idea to trade with your neighbor.
Connie, thanks for the link. I plan to go back and look at it more in depth.
Frugal for today is having the windows open and ceiling fans going. It has been raining, but not as cool as you would think it would be. Can we say humidity??? Great if you are a tomato plant, I guess.
Also frugal was cutting up a pineapple I forgot about. I was using it for decorative purposes and totally forgot it was there. Will have some for dessert tonight and the rest is in the freezer.
Well, better move myself along. Take care and have a terrific weekend!
Jamie.

Closed Thread