Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

We are going to my inlaws tomorrow for christmas santa comes there every year pretty cool but daughter figured out this year its not the real santa claus but she believes in the real one still and shes 8 my mother in law thinks im insane because she still believes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:08 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hi,
Just stopping by to wish all of you a Merry Christmas.Today we are going to my moms for Christmas then to mass and then to my unlces.It will be a long day here.Thanks for all of you for being a part of my life.
Mish
Old 12-24-2008, 04:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa, if you want to use up some of that Jack, try these cookies. Be warned, they make a LOT. I got 160 cookies out of this recipe yesterday. Yeah, it says "makes 10 dozen" but for some reason the dough was very soft and just kept rolling and rolling and rolling!!! I roll the scraps from the cutouts right in with the next batch. You can freeze some dough for later but do not try to cut down the recipe. I've tried. It doesn't "work" when you halve it!

Mrs. Wagner's Cookies
Makes 10 dozen

1 pound butter -- softened (margarine works also)
7 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
5 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 heaping tsp. baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup bourbon (we use Jack Daniel's)
1 cup milk
5 egg white
Colored sugar/sprinkles for decorating

Mix flour and butter like pie dough.

Beat remaining ingredients (except egg white and colored sugar) and add to dry mix.
Dough should be STIFF.

Roll thin and cut into shapes. Brush with egg white and decorate.

Bake on greased sheet, 6 minutes at 375. Bottoms should be light brown, tops should be white.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Chill dough before rolling. Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour.

Patti. I'm glad Adam got in there before the appendix ruptured. Hope he is home soon and feeling better. Even if he is 6'2" he is still your grandbaby

Lisa, I think your xbf is keeping it in partly because he knows it is better for the children not to get ugly about things, partly because he is at heart a good guy and knows he was wrong, and partly because he does care for you in his way. This has been a tough time for you, for sure, and I admire how you are handling it with your family.

My car is STILL in the shop; they can't figure out what is wrong with my "magic" door. And yesterday DH needed 4 new tires...sigh....merry Christmas to the mechanics, I guess!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Heather, my now 9 yr old dd figured out the no Santa thing last year. She had been on the fence about it, not sure, but she finally realized Mom is Santa. That's good, no "Santa" presents this year and I don't have to wake up before dawn to set them out, lol.

It's pouring down rain, again. But...it's better than snow! I promised the dd's I'd take them out, I do need to do a Dollar General run without them for the stocking stuff for dd1 & dd3. That's all I need.

So, guess I'll go get some more cold caffeine (Diet Pepsi) and get my day moving.

To those of you traveling today, God be with you and keep you safe, and to those of you sticking close to home, God be with you as well.

Merry Christmas friends,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Heather, we also have Santa visit at Christmas Eve at the family reunion. The big kids who don't believe anymore work VERY hard to make the day special for the little kids who do. They know how fun it is for the kids who believe, to see Santa come in and get their presents. Actually everyone at the party, no matter their age (or size!) gets a gift from Santa.

I remember one year, a certain Boy Cousin was about 11 or 12, and smugly began to broadcast the fact that it was really "Uncle K" in that Santa suit. Fortunately Boy Cousin wasn't too close to any of the little ones, and a Teen Girl Cousin grabbed him none-too-gently and informed him that he was not going to ruin Christmas for the Little Kids or there would be consequences. He kept it up for a while anyway, despite her warnings, but I was one of the few people who even noticed. Well, Teen Girl Cousin took her place as one of Santa's Helpers that year. Sometimes Santa needs help reaching packages and reading gift tags, and the Teenage Cousins stand by to assist him. Boy Cousin's name was never called to go to Santa's lap and receive his gifts. Finally Santa was finished handing out gifts, the last songs were sung, and Santa collected his jingle bells from the littlest child and went on his way. After Santa was gone and dessert had been served, Teen Girl Cousin pulled out a Hefty bag with Boy Cousin's gifts and said to him, "Merry Christmas."

I was so impressed with the way this girl handled the situation. She did not tattle to any adults. She did not let anyone know what she was doing. I'm sure she was aware that if she had done that, the Little Kids would find out. She kept things close to the vest. None of the other adults in the family even remembers this happening--I must have been standing in just the right spot to notice it all.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb, thank you for the recipe! I'm definitely going to try it. I didn't see the posting for it till after I'd already posted. I've been getting a delay once in awhile but I imagine the servers are pretty dang busy now, lol.

Yes, he's just not really the type to get nasty and that's a good thing. He's a good man, I hope he finds someone that appreciates him for what and who he is and has more patience than me or...that maybe he'll remember for the next person and be a little more thoughtful? One can only hope!

Will check in on a regular basis.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:47 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Between enough time and computer issues once again I have gone missing. However I am taking the time to wish each of every one of you a very merry christmas! Be safe!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

ANNA! I hope you day is special!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, heck, I missed that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Lisa
Old 12-24-2008, 05:44 AM

Good morning all!!

Happy Birthday Anna!! And many Happy more!!!

Patti, so glad they caught that appendix in time. And on a day when there is still lots of staff at the hospital. There will be lots of Christmas tales now about "how the appendix escaped" just before Christmas.

Well ladies, there are so many tales of black ice and accidents this morning. They extended the warning from 10 to 12 this afternoon for icy roads. I need to go get my asparagus for tomorrow, and bake. But I have been just kicking back and enjoying morning tv this moring.

I need to get my self in gear.

Take care all, and have a blessed day.

Norma

Closed Thread