Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh my gosh--I wanted to reply to all of the great stuff everyone is doing, but my head is spinning. Our papers let 24 people go today. I'm just sick. I've been here 12 years, but some of the people they let go had in more years than I do. They are looking at performance, job function and seniority. I feel terrible for the people they've let go, and scared I may be next. The rational part of my brain is telling me just to hang in there, but to also polish off the resume and start putting feelers out just in case. Not knowing is painful.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris, I'm so very sorry that you're going thru this, that your friends have been let go. This is such a sad and scary time. You, as well as those that have been let go, are in my prayers.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Chris, I've been there...I completely understand how you are feeling. (I once was in a company that downsized half its employees on a single day). Hope all goes well for you

Ericka, it would be great to post the Redbox codes in our Freebies area! You could post them in our "Freebies of the Month" thread. The current one is here. Thanks for sharing those codes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Assistant Moderator

Oh Chris I am so sorry! I hope you can keep your job!

Frugal is still saying no to becoming a avon rep. Not here. For one thing I don't want anything to do with these people! I want to move so badly but with everyone getting laid off, at least here dh has a job.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris, so sorry about all of those people being laid off. I hope you are able to keep your job.

Kathy
Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris,I am also very sorry about all the lay offs and I hope you can keep your job too.
Frugal for me?I did the homework with the kids and tried to rack up some leaves too.I have a whole bag full now.We had leftovers for supper tonight.
Tonight my oldest is going to the ymca while my middle dd has swim practice.I feel bad for my middle dd who has a pretty good cold now.Hope you all have a wonderful night.
Oh and Ericka that church event sounded like a lot of fun.
Mish
Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris, I hope your safe! I know I was gone for awhile but are you still pursuing your teaching degree?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone....

Ericka, good going on celebrating at the church supper. Is your migraine any better?

I went to my meeting with the regional leader for the Girl Scouts today and pending an approved background check I'm now a Girl Scout leader. I have some reading to do, a meeting to set with our school principal, parents to call and an agenda sheet to put together by the end of the week. It's not their deadline, it's my own self imposed. I'm excited though, I really am.

Today was NOT frugal. I had to end up getting another cell phone, blah. I did pick up the tab for my friend's lunch but that was something I wanted to do. No other money was spent today other than paying a bill. We did eat leftovers for supper. DBF came home from school and threw the last load in the washing machine, folded the load he took out of the dryer. He's good to me, lol.

I did get the front and side steps painted the initial sealant coat. While that dried I spray painted the wicker chairs, threw the old cushions away. Tomorrow I'll tape off to make a border on the step, then faux paint it to look like a carpet runner. Yes, I promise I'll take pics, lol. The shed is not done yet, it's nothing much, a metal shed.

So tomorrow it will be the faux painting, I'm thinking of surprising dbf's mom at work and taking her to lunch, and I'll invite her to Thanksgiving supper then. I have to call the principal for an appointment and then dd2 has her guitar lesson. I need to take put the roast in the crockpot in the morning for supper tomorrow night.

I'm off to do a little reading, not Girl Scout though, need to have quiet to do that, there's no quiet here now, girls are finishing homework, and Dancing with the Stars is on.

Have a good evening friends.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Oh Chris

I am so sorry to hear about your company laying so many people off, that is very scary.

Lisa

I hope you will enjoy the Girl Scouts... I have a customer who runs two troops this year.

Not much more frugal here today... I did go to Krogers still need to go to the other one tommorow to get our meds. The pharmacist was working on re wording our prescriptions so that we can get 3 months at a time for a lower price, 3 of dh's meds are eligible for that. It will save a few dollars and less trips to the pharmacy to pick up meds this winter. The guys there are so awesome, they go all out for us in whatever way they can in service and helping us save money.

Anna
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris, oh, NO, I'm so sorry! How awful for all those people and the not knowing part-ugh. Why do they do that? I will be praying hard for you. And just remember, no matter what, you are good at what you do whether it's there or elsewhere. And you have such a positive outlook, which is a big plus, too! It will all work out okay.
Lisa, cute ideas for your porch! It sounds like it will be a nice spot to hang out and relax.
That's great about the meds, Anna. Every little bit helps.
Frugal for today was staying home and getting some things done around the house. Made a quiche and salad for dinner and have taco soup started in the crock pot for tomorrow. It will be busy with election day, so I wanted to do something easy so we're not tempted to pick something up.
Take care my friends, and have a nice evening.
Jamie.

Last edited by jjoj; 11-03-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Closed Thread