Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dh did get my kitchen shelves built yesterday, I was thrilled and told him so numerous times. I got things rearranged, now have about 3 cupboards to go through and organize today. Need to go through my freezer also and try to restack it more orderly and make sure my meat/meal list is up to date.

Made dh a pineapple upside down cake yesterday, first thing I baked in the new oven. Tonight's dinner will be a baked pasta type casserole and garlic bread.

Anna, I too will be glad when the election ads end, same ones over and over. I didn't answer the phone Saturday when the caller ID said ABC news election poll. Our caller ID even comes up on the TV if we have it on, I love that.

Jean, I agree with Norma and Lisa about calling the Dr's office sooner than your appt. next week regarding those BP pills. I take them too but have not had those side effects. Anna, one of the numerous RX's I take is the HCTZ, no problems though.

Karen, congrats on those coupons. I got an envelope in the mail from General Mills Friday. Inside was a letter saying welcome to Pssst, I think I signed up for this online. I received one free (up to $4.99) coupon for new frozen Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls. Also 10 $1.25 coupons on the same product to share with friends. It says in a few weeks I will get an email survey on this product. I haven't seen this product in the stores yet so will be looking when I go shopping this weekend.

Lauri, I hope you survive your busy baking week at school, just keep thinking of that big paycheck to follow. Make sure to treat yourself to something with a little of that money for all your hard work.

Lisa, I couldn't agree more on the good manners, always a must with my kids and now grandkids. Even my 2yo dgd knows to say please, thank you and you're welcome. When we were trick or treating she would say thank you at each house and if they didn't respond with you're welcome she would continue to say thank you over and over until one of her parents had to say you're welcome to her to make her stop. On the news I saw a kid dressed up as an election ballot box with both Obama and McCain signs and stickers. He had a slot for each. He did a survey by having people drop his "treat" in the slot of their choice, how clever!

Okay I better get busy and do some more work in my kitchen. Lisa I hope you and your friend enjoy lunch at Applebee's, have a chocolate mousse shooter for me.
Jacki
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Nine Year Member

I joined that psst and we'll see what happens, I think market survey stuff is neat, determining what the consumer wants and what you want him to want

I did pack my lunch today but dh ate my soup last night so I just had to replace it with some cheese doodles...

we have a Qdoba and I signed up for their birthday club, free main dish and I also filed online for a rebate for the lunch kits I bought at Staples, online is nice, very fast

perhaps that will make up for the coat I need to return...

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

today the frugal thing is a free rental at redbox...they send me a code every monday for a free rental. the code for today is 67JFJP8 . go get yourself a free rental.
also today im going to the bank, and i have to turn in the contract for the holiday home show where im going to set up a booth for my avon. the bad part is its going to cost me $50 for that. but ill get help from my girls to man it, and jerron is going to help set up and tear down. a full family thing. I think my mom may even come in and help me too. dont know for sure.

i also hve to run to walmart and get the free movie tonight for desi. its her turn to choose. so im working around the house today. I am off today, tommrow, wends and thurs. that gives me some time to get my house work done. today its laundry and my bathroom. im trying to do some each day, maybe make up a list. but i just dont get really enthused about it..lol. i hate to clean..wish i was rich and had a cleaning lady.

well all...dryer just called out to me..ill be back later. have a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Assistant Moderator

A. did call the radio station this morning to let her disapointment in the community be known. It was very nice and polite and still she got her message across. I listened for a while to hear the b**** phone calls. There weren't any! To me that shows the community knows what they are doing but no one is going to stand up to be counted. That is fine. I will not fight anyone but I won't be shoved in a corner anymore.

I have made posters to sell the water the fire dept never picked up. We will plaster SW Nebraska with these posters.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 AM

Erica

Good luck with your show... I would think Avon would do good as long as you don't have competition.

Mish

Thank you and sorry to hear you are sad at your Mom leaving... I think I'll feel the same way when my sister that lives in Ga. comes home.

Anna
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen, Glad you got to visit with your ds on your b-day!

Frugal today got to go to my happy place (CVS) spent $3.17 and got:

3 -12 pks of Diet Coke
2-battery operated Colgate kids Toothbrushs
2 Glades Glass Scents
1-Venus Razor

Saved 45.65 TODAY between coupons,sales and ECB!

Sadly I am now down to 4.00 in ecb hopefully I can build up again w/o spending much but I really only do buy what I WILL use!

Cooking from home. Grocery Shopped at Aldis and picked up a couple sale items at Giant Eagle yesterday!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lee, that is an amazing savings at CVS! Good going!

I bought an Oven Stuffer today at the supermarket; I was going to freeze it and have tacos tonight but since it is not frozen yet, I figured why not cook that today and save the taco meat for tomorrow. We should get 3 meals out of this chicken--I buy the biggest ones I can get. It was on sale for 68 cents a pound.

When you are buying your taco shells, check the boxes carefully. For the same price as a regular box of 12 taco shells, I got a box with 6 corn shells, 6 soft flour tortillas, a packet of sauce and a spice packet. Don't always assume that the "combo" packs cost more!

I have a doctor appointment late tomorrow afternoon so the tacos will be perfect. I will make up the meat in the morning and refrigerate. Same with chopping the lettuce, etc. My Big Kids can always heat up the meat and set everything out.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all having a good Monday. My week didn't get off to the best start since I had to go to the dentist and get two cavities filled. But, I guess in the long run, that is a frugal thing.

We are having another unusually warm day here. It is sunny, breezy and 80 degrees today. We are supposed to have one more nice day before the cool weather returns. I think I even that four letter word in the forecast for Thursday!

Connie, I'm sorry your fundraiser didn't turn out as well as you were hoping. If I lived closer, I would have come and helped too.

Jean, I agree with Lisa. I think you should call your doctor today. It sounds like you need to adjust your dosage.

Lee, awesome deals at CVS!

Mish, I'm glad that you had such a nice visit with your mom.

Jacki, enjoy the new stove/oven!

My big frugal today was going through the winter coats, hats, gloves and scarves. I washed everything and have it all hanging outside to dry today. It looks like we are well set for winter. The only thing we need are a couple of knit caps. I will look for them tomorrow at WM. I also have to look through my button collection as DD2 is missing 4 buttons off of her winter coat. If not, I will pick them up at WM as well.

Well, I need to go pick DD2 up from school and put together my grocery list for tomorrow. I will talk to you all later.

Kathy

Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jacki,I am glad you are enjoying your new oven/stove and the counter space too.
Kathy,I have having work being done on my teeth but in the long run it is a wise thing to be doing.
Lee,Wow you got some amazing deals at CVS way to go.
Barb,Thanks for the information on the taco shells,I always buy just the shells but now I know to look for the other stuff too.
Can someone send me the web site to go too for the free coupons pleasue.
I am doing ok just missing my mom but I will be ok.It is a good thing I have free long distance on my cell phone.
Frugal for me?I have been home working on my schoolwork and even took a break to take my dog on a walk too.The weather is nice for today.Tonight I am thinking we will have leftovers here.
Mish
Old 11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

forgot to say earlier, that we went to a hay ride at our church last night. chili, hotdogs, desserts, chips, tosty marshmellows...it was great! and saved all kinds of money. plus some fun.
i worked all day and had a migraine when i got off so i came home and took a nap for a while. it made me feel a bit better, and i went then after i woke up.
tonight , we will get the free redbox movie, and something to snack on and watch the movie together. plus ill go to teen reach early and eat dinner with my kidlets. so that will save some money too. i like hanging out at teen reach, i just wish it was a job, insted of hanging out. jerron will be at teen reach 2 with the younger kids today so that will be good for him too. he needs to do something fo rthe communtiy and this is a good thing.

well guess im off for the bank and other things. ill be back later.

have a good evening...
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/

Closed Thread