Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie,Way to go on the coat.Caelblas has some very good clothes and we have bought some of the clothes from their too.
Lisa,I am glad you are feeling better.I hope you and your dh can talk and you can let him know how you feel.
Frugal for me?Well today I found out we were out of Pam spray so.We had some errands to run.Our first stop was at Best Buy and the kids started up their Christmas lists.
Then we went to Sams and spent about 42.00 there and when we were at Target dh spent about 65.00 there.Men!! But I know he is taking a businsess trip so he had to have a few things same as Sams Club too.We did go to Toys R Us and now the Christmas lists are all made up.
I did end up back in town to get a jacket for dh at Jcpennys at least i was able to get 15 percent discount on that.The cute thing is my middle dd is learning how to cook and made us a fruit salad the last 2 days and tonight she is making us lasgana.That was when I was trying to shop at Targert for myself and I got a phone call from dh asking me to pick up some cottage chesse.
I know how hard it is to lose the weight.I seemed to have picked up a good 30 pounds since I have had kids and been married.I am thinking that my dh has easily put on about 75 pounds.Well I should go I still have to get the house picked up.
Hope you all have a wonderful night.
Mish
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 PM

Lisa

I wouldn't take it personally that your dbf wants to spend time with his friend, sometimes guys just need to get out by themselves and be guys and talk guy stuff. I'm totally sure his mindset isn't even thinking what you are thinking and he'd be totally surprised to think it was.

missibob

Yes, we're always here for each other this forum has turned over the years into much more than just a forum, we've become friends on here and we're always willing to embrace new friends too.

Anna
Old 11-16-2008, 03:11 PM

Good evenign all!!

Connie, that is a great price for such a nice piece. Congratulations to you.

Mish, 15% off is good.

How long will 24 rolls last you Lisa? I have that many in my garage, just in case. I also have 9 left from a 12-pack in my bathroom, plus 12 more unopened. At the beginning of 2000 (remember the world was supposed to come to an end as we know it, at that time), I had 132 rolls in the garage. I have to stock up on tissues again though. I think there are only 2 or 3 in the garage, and only one unopened one in my bathroom.

I thought I was getting sick this morning when I got up. I had a headache, and my stomach wasn't feeling the best. I kept feeling sick to my stomach, and just couldn't shake that feeling. It finally went away sometime after lunch. So I finished the 2 loads of laundry I was working on, and worked on the afghan (completed it), and then put in the storm doors, and got the screens put away for the winter. It got cold and windy today, as the day progressed. I am glad the store door is in now.

Well ladies, better go for now. I think I want some tapioca pudding for dessert.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Lisa I am happy you feel better now. Anna is most likely right.
And Anna you are also right as to this being more than "just" another forum
Old 11-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Connie

Way to go on finding the coat.

I did Volunteers of America thrift store today. I found a bomb pop mold for $1.91 which I will make glycerin soaps in this spring/summer for the store, just a fun project. My girl friend is going to borrow it to make different colored bath salts in.

I also bought my little sister a nice pair of black dress pants for $1.99 since she's going to have to see caseworkers etc. I figured she needs some nice clothes and I can find them very cheap here and Oh what fun it was to buy "little clothes" LOL! she wears size 10 Petite and Medium tops whereas I wear plus size.

And finally the main thing I went in for, a couple pairs of blue jeans for my purses. Oh and I forgot I found a 5 foot Christmas tree for $20 it's very nice and hopefully I won't throw this one away by mistake like I did the last one.

Bilby

I don't see where anyone answered your question but yes, here in America most parts anyways they use a special kind of salt on the roads/highways/etc. to melt the snow and yes, it does cause rust over time to your cars. Some places I believe where Lee is at in Cleveland they use sand instead of salt?? which I think would be much better.

Well I gotta go move vehicles... we had a teeny bit of snow today but tommorow supposed to be a little heavier and I don't want to hop out in the snow in the morning to move cars around. Take care my frugal friends.

Oh and frugal today? Bought a 21 lb. turkey for 29 cents a lb. at Krogers and a second one for 97 cents a lb. smaller. You had to buy $30 worth of groceries to get the 29 cents per lb. which I had to buy a few things anyways and planned on the smaller turkey just to cook for everyday use. I thought both were a very good price for meat.
Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 11-16-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hey everyone!! im back. i had a great time at the home show. i sold about $200 worth of product, wich would be good. excpt that i ordered $1000 worth of product so theres alot of things to send back. that part i hate. but i hope to get alot more of things sold durring this next month. so that may be a way to sell some more products. mom will help me when all that product comes in and will hlep me put everything in bags and check it all in. she will be a big help
she was a big help yesterday too. she took care of alot of things and had great ideas. im glad she was there. i always feel better when moms there. shes kind of my touch stone ya know?

so im glad eveyone had a good weekend...and im sorry lisa that your feelings were hurt. thats bad. i hope you feel better now.

well all..im still pretty tired, and i need to go thru things and then get the extra items checked back in.

so see ya all later
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 11-16-2008, 03:42 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, no we still use salt in Cleveland too! Sand does sound like a good idea. Funny that you guys got snow that stuck and we didnt! Normaly its the other way around. I am not looking forward to any deep snow as my wagon will be useless for getting Josh to school! Its great to throw him in take Evan and up the street to his place. He can walk it but it takes a lot longer....
Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good evening everyone. We have had a very cold snowy day here. The snow didn't end up being much but they are giving for more tonight and tomorrow.

We have all stayed home all day so no money has been spent. Yesterday, the only money spent was to fill the car up with gas. We got it for 1.99 a gallon.

Frugal also has been fixing all meals at home and using free samples of deodorant, shampoo, conditioner and a free razor. I reused my rinse water from washing dishes in my washer for some towels.

Anna, thats a great price for the turkey.

Connie, my dh and ds love Cabelas items. We get their catalogs all the time. That is a great price for one of their coats.

Mish, good going on your savings today.

Norma, there is a terrible stomach virus going around here in our area I hope you continue to feel better.

I guess I can understand about weight problems more than just about anyone. I am very overweight and I have struggled with weight my entire life. I look at people like my sisters who I would love to be their size and they talk about how they need to lose weight. I sometimes wonder well what must people think of me if they truely think they are overweight. I have been made fun of and talked about so much because of my weight. Its a very painful thing. I guess one of the most painful things about it is being rejected by people. I am trying like so many of you to lose weight but its very hard especially when you have to buy the cheaper foods and you have to cook constantly. I wish people could truely look on the inside and find out what kind of a person someone is before they judge but I know we live in a world that does judge us on our size, race, age and countless other things. I believe we all have some kind of struggle. I was talking to the lady who did my echco on my heart the other day and she said I see people who have cancer and are not able to eat and we were talking about how being healthy enough to eat was a blessing and how other people have problems even if they are little. I guess we just have to do the best we can each day and try to show love and hope we get it in return.

Well everyone have a good night. Stay safe and warm.
Jean
Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bilby, here in So. IL they salt/sand mix, we don't get a lot of snow here but we DO get ice storms. They are beautiful, like a world made of glass but can knock out power for weeks! We've been lucky and never lost power in my town but in rural areas, it's been bad.

Jean, you're right, people should look at the whole package rather than the outer wrapping.

Norma, 24 reg. rolls of tp last about 5 days, sad isn't it? I bought two 24 packages so maybe almost 2 weeks? The coupons expire 12/30/08 so I'm going to buy as I can.

Anna, and you are absolutely right, we've become very important to each other, I can't wait to get on here daily to see how everyone is, what they've been up to, rejoice in good news, pray for those that need it. This is indeed a family.

Ericka, I'm sorry you didn't make more but $200 is good, even though you have to send that other back.

I did make the spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread. Did not get the cake done, I can still get it going now, if I get off my butt to do it. I spent the entire afternoon working in my room but have all of his train stuff put away, his cd's and movies and cassettes all packed where he can get to them in the closet, re-arranged the closet, combined all bought Christmas presents in a huge tote with a lid. I need to get my bed made and get more laundry going. I stopped by my mom's house and visited with her. We've decided to do a cemetary run tomorrow then to get something to eat. We didn't get the chance last week. I picked up the paper, she saves it and the coupon inserts for me after she's gone thru them first so I'll be clipping coupons too.

I'm going to go start that cake. Hugs to you all my friends. Talk to you soon.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Last edited by Lislyn66; 11-16-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Anna great price on the turkey even with having to buy the other stuff.
I thought there would be something like that today in our paper but was not grrr! so will check Wednesday's and this next Sun. I always buy at least a 22 pounder so we shall see.
Jean I am so sorry JohnQPublic has treated you badly. I have several large built friends and thank heaven none have been teased.

Closed Thread