Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lisa so sorry you are feeling down! you are not fat so stop thinking that. He like all men is probly doesnt even "get" there is a problem. Have a nice heart to heart I bet all will be fine! Hugs to you!!!!

Todays frugal there were 2 extra Smart Source coupon inserts in my paper and the Green Giant Steamers is one of them so I can get 3 bags for .75 cents . I admit I detest canned veggies so when I can get fresh or frozen for cheap I am on it!!

Still not feeling the best and not going to church today but i HAVE to go to the grocery as its just too hard during the week.....I know its actually frugal that I dont drive but man sometimes a pain as I dont really feel like going today but can with dh home!

Boys are happily playing cards I love watching them play together its so sweet and darn it priceless just like the Visa or Mc ads say it!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Something a friend sent me, sorry it's so big.

Subject: VICKS VAPO RUB INTERESTING

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks Vapo rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists
who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep
soundly.

Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise
finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed at how it works.

DON'T SHUN THIS ONE.. TRY IT THE NEXT TIME YOU GET A BAD COLD.

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 11-16-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Print Too Large
Old 11-16-2008, 06:15 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It really does work!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lisa as Norma said a "sit down" would be good.

We just had one the other day. It helps to clear the air!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member

I know how hard it is to lose weight and the older you are the harder it is to do so. My weight is an issue in my marriage I'm 55 lbs heavier than when we met and never lost the baby weight in the past 13 yrs. I lost 20 lbs but it crept back on in the past year, doesn't help that I'm a stress eater and dh has only worked 20 months out of the past 43. I know I'm the same person, well stronger willed now grins, just heavier so it's his problem.

I know at least with my husband he doesn't think to plan anything in advance so I need to. Lisa your bf might also think that since he's there every day there isn't a need to 'date' which is were a conversation would be helpful.

We didn't go to church today as dh & dd2 are fighting colds and I have a sore throat so just taking it easy today.

Roberta
Old 11-16-2008, 08:26 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I am getting my recyables ready to drop off at the center today. I took 5 lbs of shrimp out of the freezer on Friday. We had 2 meals with them so far. I am making a shrimp salad with some more. The rest they can just eat with ****tail sauce.

I have the woodburning stove going today. It got really cold out. I didn't even have the heat on yesterday because it was so warm.

I am making up my menu for the week. Did my grocery shopping yesterday.

Charlotte
Old 11-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Assistant Moderator

Lauri, ouch! I hope your hand gets better. Can you have surgery?
Lisa, sounds like your dbf is getting comfy in his relationship with you so he isn't thinking. It is a male thing I swear! I have some hangups with my family and my inlaws, things they did in the past to me or to the kids. I am almost never around them but at times those feelings rear up. It is hard. You are a great person! I suggest you try to calm down and talk to him. Men can be so thick, I bet he doesn't know there is a problem.
HI Missibob!
Blondie, great deals! I have these gut feelings when I shop. I have learned to follow them.
Ellen thank you for your kind words about ds. It isn't so much his choice in a wife as his choices peroid. And the fact he bailed on a loan dh co signed for so we are stuck paying for a car that he and wife tore apart. She is really mad that we know she was in on the vandalizm of the car. I think we will make up a small gift basket for him. I feel better doing that.
The kids and I are cleaning out some closets today. I have high hopes for this job interview!! I have looked at houses online and narrowed the choices down. I can hope to start moving Thanksgiving weekend! I know I am really REALLY dreaming!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you, everyone, for your very good advice. I was so upset last night, really upset. I did calm down. He came home about 10:00 I guess. I just did my thing and he obviously realized he was better off just steering clear so he stayed in the living room and watched the news. We talked a bit this morning before either of us started our day. And I think you are right, he IS comfortable in our relationship and just doesn't think to plan. Yes, he is a guy, they don't plan and just don't see how you can get so upset over something they deem trivial. He IS a good man, I know that. I guess I'll just have to be the ones to make the plans and keep at him.

I did a DG run this morning for, you guessed it, toilet paper. I had a coupon from Norma for $1.00 off if you buy 2 of the bigger packages. Our DG runs a good price on their TP so I bought 2 packages of 24 each. While I was out you would think I'd remember to get milk? Nope. I'll have to make another run here in a little bit, maybe as a break from going thru that closet. I did manage to get thru the stuff we had in boxes in the kitchen.

Frugal today will be making supper at home, I'm thinking spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread. I'm going to make a german chocolate cake too.

Will check in later. Thank you again everyone. I'll be on later to see what you've all been up to!

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Nine Year Member

Made waffles from scratch today. I had mixed everything together including the oatmeal when I got a telephone call. By then DH had started cleaning the carpets. When I finally started making them they didn't come out as good as when you first mix in the oatmeal. The oatmeal just made them softer instead of crispy. Always wondered how they would come out mixed ahead now I know.
_______
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 11-16-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Assistant Moderator

I forget to tell you about the coat I bought! It is a Cabelas down parka in new contdion, it doesn't even need washing! For $6.95 at Goodwill. I don't think it has ever been worn.

Closed Thread