Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning everyone!

Ericka, please, use your head, not your heart this time. He is going to go to all kinds of lengths to make you think he's changed...again. He is the same person you could not live with, just remember that. They don't change. I took my ex back 3x before I finally made the separation a permanent one. When it comes to that I tend not to trust what my heart tells me as it wants to believe the best. Just please, watch with wide open eyes.

Thank you everyone for your sweet words. I was not a backward kid but I was quiet so didn't get included a lot when I was younger (I know, what happened right?) Her parents are genuine nice people and I know it hurts them when she's not included. I will do all I can to help her.

I just picked up my sweet kitty from the vet. $90 for a neuter and front de-claw, not bad at all. He was scared beyond belief when she first brought him out but once I wrapped him in a clean soft towel and snuggled him his eyes went back to normal and he just stared at me the entire ride home, didn't offer to move, just let me touch his head and talk to him with soft eyes. Yeah, he's my baby.

I'm making another run to dbf's house and dbf is not going with me or I will shoot him for being the packrat he is. I will let the cat have the house for a few hours to sleep, investigate and be happy. After that going to come home, make supper for everyone and just relax.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Will check in later.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Dawn, thanks for the chicken stock info. I have it simmering on the stove as we speak

Anna, as usual I miss a few days and I miss A LOT not sure what happened with your sister but I hope it all works out! Glad your dh found the ex!

Lislynn, Somedays are easier than others with sitting and I have to say I enjoyed more when they were all younger and ummm didnt talk back lol! This was something I truly only wanted to do till both my kids were in school full time darn us for getting into a bit of debt again. Not stupid debt but debt none the less... Kudos for keeping NO child left out of the group!

Crochet, that you get the extra days off. I am sorry to hear your boyfriend is now an ex you were together along time if I remember correctly!

Off to make a batch of cookies that I didnt get to yesterday!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I got one pair of mittens made for my son, they are from a little blue sweater that is too small for him. I used the sleeves to make the mittens. So the mittens have a cuff. Now, going to make my daughter some mittens out of a sweater that is too small for her. So free mittens from old sweaters they that were too small for them. I think I will even make myself a pair of mittens for the winter too.

Hope everyone is having a good day. God bless.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Denahowy, what a great idea to make new mittens out of old sweaters!

Anna, the goat milk soap is selling well because it's great stuff

I finally found a new outside trash can at a good price today at WM. Frugal was getting the kind that has the lid ATTACHED. So many times on a windy day, the lids blow down the street (we live on top of a little hill). This way, we will never lose the lid. Plus it's a really big can.

I also found a nice little area rug on clearance for $2.50 It looks great right by the front door. I think it's supposed to be a kitchen rug but I wanted something for near the door so people can wipe their wet feet in the winter. This is washable, so it's perfect.

The price of gas is under $2 here too...I need to fill up before we go up north tomorrow to see my parents. But I am waiting until the LAST minute since the prices keep dropping.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Just a quick hello to all.
Staying home today. It's STILL raining and cool. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 39 and dropping. They say maybe snow!
Eating from home today and still have lot's of veggie soup left. Done 2 loads of laundry in cold. I have to use the dryer today UUGHHH. I have only used the dryer once since April 1. But I do vent it into the basement - so it does warm it up down there. Need to do a little cleaning. Yesterday was quit busy with company and phone calls, so I'm enjoying a little quiet today.
Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone

Denahowy

That is so awesome about making the mittens from sweaters, I had forgotten about that trick and darn it I had leftover sweater material from when I was making those little purses a few years ago.

Dh will be home shortly and being the computer hog he is, I won't be back on till later but wanted to stop in and say hi.

Leighann

I'm so glad to see you posting more often, I missed you.

Well... ya know how frugal I was this morning? Geez... I felt so good about saving that 18 cents I bought a lunch that ended up costimg me $10! I couldn't believe it, all I had was a chicken wrap soft drink and jelapeno poppers at Arby's... I did eat inside. That is crazy no wonder we don't eat there but once a year!

I didn't have time to make the purses for the girls at the candle suppliers but took in some I had in stock and man! they went crazy, bought 3 of them and ordered 3 more. Wow! It sure helped with my fragrance oil bill... I'm starting now to stock up for Valentines Day. I got Satin Sheets, Angel Wings and Moonlight Path today besides my other oils. I wanted Love Spell too but it smelled "off" so they were going to check on that.

Well I'm off for a bit keep squeezing those pennies.

Anna
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Ladies,

Dh was home the last 3 days and I don't get much computer time when he is. Tuesday was the holiday and he had 2 "floating holidays" he needed to take before the end of the year or lose them. Now he's at work today but then has a 3 day weekend!

I have a load of laundry on the clothesline, it's sunny and supposed to be 70 deg. today. I have 2 large chicken breasts marinating for Barb's luau chicken that dh will grill tonight. I babysat 2 yo dgd yesterday as I do most Thursdays. We take 7yo dgs to school then stop at the grocery store for the sales. 8am Thursday morning is much better than 4pm Saturday afternoon IMO, in and out with no crowds and very few other shoppers in the store. By the time dd1 got here with dgs and he played video games with grandpa for awhile and they got ready to leave it was after 4pm. Dgd never took a nap so was over tired and was wailing as mom carried her out "I want my grandma" LOL.

Jean, when will you get the results of your EKG? I'm right there with you, need to lose weight and LOVE to eat. At least some of the stuff you like to eat is healthy, I don't like much of anything that is good for me. The good things I do for myself are get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, don't drink or smoke but I don't get nearly enough exercise and my food habits are terrible. We were watching someone get hypnotised to quit smoking on TV and I told dh I need that for sugary and chocolate foods, my main downfall.

Lisa, good luck with the Girl Scout troop, you seem like the perfect person for that job.

Kathy, what yummy stuff are you cooking lately? Your meals always sound so neat.

Mish, good for you continuing to plug along with your class. Dd1 has her parent teacher conference with dgs's teacher this coming Tuesday, he is in 2nd grade.

Roberta, great deals as always. I always love to read what things you buy for such a good price.

Norma, hope the guy comes through with the window and installation.

Connie, did you find out what was wrong with that woman you stopped to help? Good for you being a good samaritan.

Lee, I hope you are able to continue to realize enough savings from your frugalness to be a stay at home mom like you want. I need to use your rule about only buying what we need/will use more often. I have cut back 75% on Walmart/Target shopping but the grocery store is still my downfall.

Happy weekend to all.
Jacki
Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

jacki,It is hard for the grocery store not to be alot of our downfalls,.That is our downfall here but we need to eat.Plus I feel I need to know how my kids are doing in school so I need to go to the conferences too.
deanhowdy,That is neat to make mittens out of sweaters.
Anna,Arbys does sound yummy and good for you.Your business seems to be booming.
Lisa,Good luck cleaning out at your b/fs place.
Frugal for me?Well I stayed at the libary and I got a good portion of the homework done.Not all of it but that is ok.I have been home trying to enjoy my free moments.We have some rain that has come here too.
Mish
Old 11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, I missed you guys too! Sounds like your business is booming which is awesome!

We had Evans conference the other night I quote "well folks it doesnt get much better than this!" we were quite the proud parents

Frugal tonight is staying home having a catchall night with the food!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ericka, Good luck with your Avon sale tomorrow. And I totally agree with Lisa and Chris about Ex's. I let mine come back 2 times and no he didn't change!

Anna, That's awesome about your sales! Also that's great about finding your sister's ex.

I'll catch up with you guys later.

Closed Thread