Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This week at the grocery store I got a $3 off the next order Catalina coupon. I tried to use it today but it never came off...I didn't realize until after I paid. The cashier just handed it back to me because I said I'd just use it next time, not like I won't be back there before it expires. How weird that a coupon that I got IN THAT STORE did not work. Oh well, I will try again later.

Jeandeanette I hope all goes well with your heart test tomorrow. I will keep you in prayers for a good result. Telling your DH "no McD's" was a first step! You can do it! You should be proud that you had the willpower to eat a healthy breakfast today.

Good going on the Walgreen's shop, Kathymac
Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Walgreens $5 off of $20 cpn for those that can use it:

Hot Buys: Store Coupons and Savings | Walgreens

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean,I will be thinking of you on your test for good reults too.
Lisa,I am sure your meeting will go just fine.
Barb,That is weird about the coupon not working.
Way to go Robeta on your coupons from Petsmart.
Way to go Kathymac on your savings at walgreens.
Frugal for me?I went to my class.I did slide and have a cinnamon roll there at the school.Then I went to wonder store and got some bread,went to dollar store and pop was 1.15 plus a despot so that was all i got there.Then went to wm and spent about 108.00 there even used my coupon for free whip cream.
So I got home and the kids came home.My g/f had me watch her kids while she was at conferences,plus my mom called here too.I think she was bored.
So after the first confernece I called to see if I could get the other one done.I was able to do the other conference too.I am happy to report that both kids are doing pretty good in school.My youngest still gets upset in school but i am hoping she will outgrow it.
I am now home for the night.I had to get gas too and I am thinking I have spent enough money for today.
Mish
Oh and supper was waffles and bacon too.Yummy!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hello everyone sounds like all are doing well frugaly!!! karen hope your feeling well soon!

I honestly cant remember if I posted about the ice show we went too, but sil got us first and second row seats we could literaly touch the ice with our feet! It was lots of fun.

No major happy deals at Cvs this week lol! Sticking to that only get if we really use/need rule I have!!!

Today I made a whole chicken, I threw the bones in a bag and will make chicken stock tomorrow, thats ok to do that right? Not sure as I have never done before. Talked about but never did!

Keeping busy raking leaves and all that good stuff around the house.

The kids I lost for babysitting were here today and tomrorow so thats extra money and it was great to have them since we miss them. However at the same time I dont know its been kind of nice the last 3 wks with just my family and havign time to do things around the house. My kitchen is a wreck and I didnt have time to bake like I wanted too! SO maybe just being frugal is better for me than stressing out being busy. Its like an Eureka moment

Have a good night everyone!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

What a day we had! While driving to town, we noticed someone have what we thought was car problems. Dh turned around to help. The woman was out of her car but you could tell she was ill. Before dh got to her, she passed out. I called 911 and we waited. Ane we waited. I live in a very rural community and there weren't enough EMT to man the ambulance. I called 911 back, telling them to dispatch another towns ambulance, this lady needed more than simple first aid, gave the condition of the lady. After the third phone call the dispatcher hung up on me. Finally the ambulance came and took the lady to the ER. We had called around to find someone to come get her dog. Waited for that lady to get there. Then moved and locked up her car, took the keys to a family friend in another town so they could take the car to the town this lady lived in. Whoa.... And I made it to my eye appt on time! My eye appt was the last thing on my mind. I was really getting concerned. If an ambulance didn't show up we were taking the lady to a ambulance. Peroid. We didn't have time to mess around.
Got some great deals at Alco. Found jeans to fit my skinny son. He is in a 30" waist! 30 x 36 in fact. Cross your fingers cuz they don't carry 38" inseam jeans. The jeans were on sale 30% off. I bought two pair and got a raincheck for two more pair. Boots for ds another 25% off. I spent $89 but saved $34. Dh picked up his pair of hiking boots at the shoe repair shop. $1!!!!! I will wait to buy him new boots until after Christmas. I buzzed through WM because I was so tired. Dh bought another piece of wood for the cabinet he is rebuilding for $2
Oh crap. We need to load the items to donate tonight. In the morning. We are all too darn tired.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 PM

Connie

That was very nice of you and your dh to stop and help that lady... so many people wouldn't get involved.

RobertaD

That was great coupons at Petsmart... Barbzy that was a wonderful coupon too you never see those anymore in our town.

Well my sister is on her way back to Ga. she didn't get to see her son but the judge is allowing visitation, the children's services people were wicked nasty to my sister, made her cry and broke my heart the judge didn't feel the same way after my sister told them the story. So she'll be back next month. Then my dh got on the computer and doodled around and after 5 years of not knowing where my sisters first ex husband lived and with my sister here to provide some extra ID info. we did a genealogy study and some google searches and we Found Him, GOTCHA! We ended up finding him because his wife works for a church and her name was listed under something to do with the church staff. He sure is going to be surprised when my sister's letter arrives. She also is getting appointed a atty. so once she's done with this case, she can concentrate on her xhusband and custody or visitation of her other two children. 2nd bf got the idea to skip town with her son from the first Xhusband's lead.

Anyways, it's been a very emotional day, talked to my other sister and her husband, did some yelling and screaming but got it all out and fixed.

Well I'm off for now to pick up around the house.

Anna
Old 11-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lee,

I boil chicken and the bones frequently to make stock. If you ad a touch of apple cider vinegar to the bones and water it will help to pull out minerals and get them into the stock. I have some chicken bones on the stove as we speak. I boil/simmer them for hours to get the stock as rich as possible. Add a little onion or whatever and get as much minerals in your stock as possible. Don't forget to scoop out the foam that comes to the top of the simmering stock and dump in the drain, that foamy stuff will make your stock taste off possibly.

Blessings,
Dawn
Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, it breaks my heart to hear about your sister. I hope this all gets worked out and she can see her children. It's so sad, it really is. You're a good sister to her.

Connie, oh my goodness, you did have a day didn't you? I hope the woman you helped will recover completely.

Lee, I don't know how you babysat, you have to have the patience of Job. I do not have that kind of patience, I just don't. You do have my utmost respect though.

The Girl Scout meeting went well I thought. I should have brought something for the girls to do as it was more a parent's informational meeting. We've decided the next meeting will be at one of the houses of one of the girls. The mom volunteered it as we're going to tie-dye shirts for our "uniform". It should be a good time. I'll provide refreshments, 2 of the other moms have offered to be there to help as well so it should be lots of fun. One of the girls was on my dd3's softball team 2 years ago. She's a sweet girl but a little backward and I noticed she was snubbed a bit. Her dad came a little late to pick her up but he told me he would, the family hit a deer in their Bronco and totaled it last night. Luckily all are okay, the worst injury being a broken collar bone by the 13 yr old dd who managed to still get her little sister out of the carseat and out of the car and pulled her 9 yr old sister out as the dad struggled to get out with air bag in his way. I have talked to my dd3 and told her next meeting she sits with this little girl. The mom told me when we walked out together that she was so happy I took the troop and am the leader, she knows that I'll make sure her daughter is included. That touched my heart. All things happen for a reason my friends, I truly believe that.

So, my frugal today was I drove out to my former work and made the copies I needed for tonight, lol. I did errands on the way back so it was frugal to do that. Also, made breakfast for supper, bacon, biscuits and eggs. I also made cookies and they were baking when the girls got home from school.

It was a nice day. The cat is spending the night at the vet, they keep them overnight when they are de-clawed. I'll collect him in the morning. Hopefully my unemployment will be in the bank and I can pay the one bill I have left to pay and put some money I had to use out of the savings back in.

Hope you all have a peaceful night. I'm off to wash up the supper dishes and fold more clothes. Does laundry ever go away?

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM

Lisa

Yes, being dirt poor really sucks... my sister has never made much more than minimum wage and couldn't afford to hire a detective or lawyers to find her xhusband. I'm amazed that my dh was able to find him.

Yes, my sister called me from the courts sobbing her heart out from the case workers being so mean to her, I bet I go with her from now on. She did everything they requested her to do... mental evaluation, drug testing, etc. still has to set up for parenting classes her Xdbf was there with his wife and they hadn't done any of the requirements. He was sure shocked out of his skull to see my sister there. Her current boyfriend was with her but kept quiet during the whole thing. I really like him, he thinks before he speaks.. my dh likes him alot too. Hmm and frugal?? his parents own camp grounds close to Jekkyl Island, GA. and he's invited us to vacation there next year free!

Here is a photo of my sister and her fiance.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM

Good evening all!

Moved all the stuff on the kitchen window sill and my table, and still no windows. But.....it rained, and not just sprinkled, so I actually wasn't too upset.

Mish, this is all an act of faith. My ex-bf hired someone to order custom size windows (I am not picky, and usually go with the plainest style), so I don't even know what to expect. I did ask for double pane glass and screens for in the spring and fall. I have not paid any money, and won't until they are installed. So if the person wants to recoup the money put out for custom size windows, he better get here and get them installed. It takes less than 5 minutes to move everything, so not a lot involved there either. And now that I have deep cleaned the area in anticipation, it will be clean for quite some time.

Barb, I got that same $3 coupon off my next order too on Sunday. I stopped by to pick up some tp and 1 free Green Giant Steamers on my way back home after dinner with my gf tonight, but the total wasn't enough to use it. So it will go toward something on the next run before Thanksgiving.

My company is giving us Christmas eve and the day after Christmas off, with pay. Even in this down-turned economy, I am in awe. If I were at the law office still, I would think nothing of it, but these people worry about their bottom line on a daily basis. And if they find out that your husband, child, or even grandchild is haivng a problem (broken arm, etc.), they are concerned enough to ask how that person is doing. And mean it.

Well ladies, better go for now. This is Friday-eve, and I need sleep for Friday.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread