Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

On the potatoes, I got them at a smaller store- an IGA. Maybe you could check out some of the stores that are not as well-known. I seem to be able to find better deals there than at Meijer, Kroger, or the big name stores. Although, sometimes you can catch a good sale on them at Meijer here and there. If I see one, I will post it.
Mish, I am so sorry. I know how crummy it feels to be in a situation like that. Your heart was in the right place and that is what really matters. Hope tomorrow is better.

Last edited by jjoj; 11-06-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

IGA is over here, ds1 first part time job was with them, they have some great bargains there.

I've just come back from veg shopping, who said that 2 smalls or halves are dearer than a whole? A cantaloupe was $3 whole but for 2 halves totalled $2.70 ... go figure!
Also got some bargains on chicken and 2 pair of summer shorts, buy 1 get the second 60% off, I'm right for the summer ahead now.
Nearly lunchtime friday and a hot weekend coming up.
I hope everyone has a great friday and weekend ahead.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Billy,It is good to hear from you.Way to go on your deals.
Jamie,It is something that can;t be fixed but no big deal.Just got my feelings hurt once again.
Jean,I was going to ask you if you thought of putting plastic up and around the windows.We do it here and it does help out with the heating bill some.
Tonight we had french toast and that was yummy.Today when I went to get my bread I got 2 bags of chips for free so that was kind of neat.Trying to exercise keep myself busy and out of trouble.I need to go as I want to try and spend some time with the younger 2.
Oh and Karen you did very well with the coupons too.
Mish
Old 11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, I hate to tell you this but I read that food prices will increase up to 7% in 2009...NOT good!

Jean, thanks for the B-day wishes but not my b-day till April! I think Mish said her dd had a b-day Happy one to her!

Nothing unfrugal happened here today, just the usual goings ons. I did get a lot of Leaves raked to the curb yay didnt have to buy any lawn bags! Our city does 3 pick ups in Nov. Hopefully the rest of the leaves will fall soon and we can get out! I swear its the little stuff that adds up!

Have a great night!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lee, I am so sorry. I thought I had read it was going to be your birthday tomorrow. I swear my brain stays on vacation and leaves me here at home a lot anymore(lol).

Bilby, good job on the deals.

Karen, you did great with your coupon savings.

Mish, in the past we have put up plastic over the windows but since we have bought the better windows in our house now we haven't done that. It is really a good ideal.

Kathy, I keep meaning to tell you how neat that was about your dd voting for the first time. I loved that story.

Well I just have finished watching my Hokies play. Both their quarter backs are hurt but one of them was able to play tonight. They hadn't been doing well but they really played good tonight. We won and I loved the game. I guess I had better make myself go to bed. I haven't been getting enough sleep. Sweet dreams everyone.
Jean
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

You all have been so busy today! Lee, my dogs are loving the leaves falling, they have played all day.

My evening was as busy if not busier than my morning and afternoon. I took dd1 to work, came home and met my 2nd cousin and his new girlfriend (who is a friend of mine as well) for me to work on his divorce paperwork. His not yet ex left him long before he and my friend started dating. We went over what I need to draft the paperwork, they left, my brother got in from Iowa where he was on business and I had to follow him to drop off the rental car, brought him back to my house, I went to a parent/teacher conference, then to p/u dd1 from work, took him home then I got back here. I'm TIRED!

Tomorrow I will give my mom a perm, then back home to work on the house more. I told dbf that next week I will take his key to his house and go there in the morning and pack stuff up, without his presence. There is so much stuff there, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, dishwashing stuff, towels, oh the list is endless. I wouldn't have to grocery shop for a month, if not more. Except toilet paper, you know how we are with TP here! Oh and Norma, thanks for all of the TP coupons!!!!

So frugal tomorrow is just doing stuff at home. Oh, dd1 has 4 projects in this year's Art Fair at her school, and she was voted Secretary of the Art Club, she's so excited! I'm going tomorrow evening to the showing, will take pics!

Hugs friends, I'm off to bed. This girl is sleeeeepy.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Today des and i went to the dollar tree here in town, and got things to decorate the tables for me. i got solid purple table clothes (thanks anna) and some white place mats to scatter, plus a few little buckets for things, a basket for the papers when someone signs up. i got little candy canes to decorate, with a few bows. plus 3 stand up write on wipe off boards i can use for other things after wards. they cost me 15 for them, and the total was 68.xx but i hope that i can use it all to make it look good. desi had a blast picking things out for me to use. thanks for all th good ideas. im hopeing to use most of them. ill try to post pictures when i get it all set up so you all can see it. im very excited about it.

lisa..thats nice of you to help with your cousins paperwork.

anna..i hope your stores are really busy this time of year.

karen and bilby good going with the savings you all have. i love a good deal.

mish...im covering my windows with plastic. i think it helps out alot. plus i can keep light in..adn i like light. plus the kittys like light. on my windows that are less used, the back room, the bathroom window, the back door, ill put up a comforter and tack it to the wall with strips of cardboard to seal it. i find it helps out alot.

well all...soon is time to go to bed, and i have to work tommrow. i really dont want to go, the boss is on a tear, so im sure its going to go.....interestingly for sure.

have a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It is raining here, it sounds wonderful. We really needed it on our pasture. If we get enough rain, we can keep grass on our pasture till over in February. That really cuts down on the cost of feeding my horses.
You ought to see our wood pile! Dh has done a great job on cutting wood. Free heat! I love it.

Bilby and Mish, good going on your deals!

Lisa, you have so much going on, I don't know how you do it! And congratulations to your Dd and the Art Club, I know you are proud of her!

Anna, good luck with your new store.

Wow, Karen! Great savings, I am impressed!

Ericka, it sounds like your Avon show is going to be lovely. Do take some pictures. Good luck!

My goodness, it is 12:40 AM, I need to get off of here. Talk to you later!

Hugs...Linda

And God took a handful of southerly wind,
Blew His breath over it and created the horse. Bedouin Legend
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love Fly Lady! How do you think I survive with 3 adults and 3 children(one a toddler and one a packrat) in a three bedroom mobile home? I love the 15 mins per room to just get straightened up.

The plan for today was to tear the living room apart and thoroughly clean it. But, the weather is telling me different. It is supposed to be close to 70* today, so it will be a play outside day! Hey, the cleaning will still be there later, but, the weather will get colder.

I think I will hang my wash outside to dry today. So that will be frugal. And I love the smell. For those of you that hang your wash inside to dry, how do you get it to smell good? The wash dried inside even with fab softener, gets such an odd smell to it. I guess I just love good smelling clothing.

We have been eating from home, even though last night the temptation to order out was biting at me.

Grocery prices up 7%? Guess I should stock up some.

Well ladies have a good day!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:38 AM

Good morning all!!

Barb, I will keep you in my prayers for your issues. You must be very uncomfortable.

Lisa, I will also keep your mom in my prayers. On a lighter note, so the dbf has been holding out on you with the household supplies?? He probably didn't even know he had so many in the house. And no tp?? Imagine that!

Kathy, as miserable as it is here - almost 70, still rainy, with some wind blowing the leaves of the trees, I am not a fan of summer. I am looking forward to the really crystal clear cold weather. But at least I don't need any heat on today.

Ericka, it looks like you will have the decorating for the show under control. A few years ago, I bought a piece of red vinyl material, long enough to cover 2 card table with a piece of plywood (8 ft. lomg) inbetween them. I got it at a yard sale myself for about $3. And I have used it a lot for all the yard sales I participate in. I also use 2 of the plastic storage racks (you can put them up and take them down in a few minutes for display. I tag the center of the shelf with a colored price sticker and tag whatever is on the shelf with the same color tag. Makes it easy for checkout. Hope the show goes very well for you.

Jjoj, great price on those potatoes. We (Barb and I) should see 5 lb boxes of sweet potatoes for $1.99-2.49 soon. That is the going price here around the holidays.

Kathy, it is great that you can get a boy to wear a "girls" jacket. My nephew is 20, and he was never a "boys only" clothing person. I did try to stay with neutral, non-gender colors though. I once won a coupon for $5 in the girls dept. at wm. So I got him a couple of turtlenecks there. And, since he wasn't with me, he was no wiser. I have two men's shirts that I got at goodwill - one is an Izod, and one is an Eddie Bauer. Other than the shoulders, and sleeves being too long, they are great. I made a pleat in the shoulder, and the drape of the fabric looks cute - just a couple of stitches. And I cut off the cuffs, and just have a hemmed edge on the sleeves. The quality of the shirts is so good, I will wear them for years.

I went to www.redplum.com last night and took a look around. Interesting, and I encourage everyone to look too. There are a couple of free things there.

Well ladies, better for for now.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread