Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:01 AM

Lee

That is great that you got in and out of the poling booths so quick... they were showing people waiting in lines yesterday for over 2 hours at the pre-election stations. I haven't had the news on today so I don't know how it's going here, I am just so DONE with all the advertisements.

We voted by ballot a couple weeks ago, definitely the way to go. Dh and I were able to sit down quietly, read over all the issues, talk to each other about it and cast our votes. We didn't vote for some of the same people, dh relied on news media, I relied on working with some of them in the courts years back (the judges, ones that were in charge of certain courts back then and going for higher positions) etc. I was surprised to see Judge OConnor going for a higher court and all the ugly stuff from his past came up, 8 DUI's and a cocaine possession... I wondered years back why he was even allowed to be a judge but no one bothered bringing it up till he went for a higher office (Appeals Court).

Anna
Old 11-04-2008, 05:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mish, I've meant to say before, that's very wise to have everyone shower at the Y. I bet it saves your water bill.

Chris, I may end up picking your brain later about some activities that you found fun. I'm so green at this. But I believe I still have my sash with my badges I earned way back when on it in my great grandmother's trunk. I'm going to look and make sure I bring that to the first meeting I have with the girls alone. My very first meeting I plan on having parents attend as well.

I dropped the girls off at their schools then went to vote, our polling place is behind my dd2 & dd3's school, there was no line, I was the only one in there except the judges. I imagine it'll heat up later on.

I'm just thankful this is the last of the campaign commercials and all of the negativity, especially between 2 of our candidates for State Senator. Oh my goodness! The mud slinging is ridiculous. If I EVER decided to run for something I swear I would not lower myself to the mud slinging. If people cannot see the merits someone brings to the table and believes the horse hockey that people deal out, then I'd deal with it. Now I'm down off of my soapbox.

Last night I made out bills, including pre-paying for my dd1's high school yearbook. I usually blow that opportunity and have to race to have cash the day they come out, although the cost is about the same, lol. I'd rather be prepared. And all bills are sent well before due so no late charges!

I DO need to drop off the water bill, I see no reason to waste a stamp when I pass the place every day, and need to take jeans back to WalMart (never did get that chore done), will check out the oops paint there then come back to get to my chores here at home.

Have a great morning everyone.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lisa--- Feel free to pick my brain at any time
Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I found a website called eyeslipsface.com and it has some good deals on makeup and with referrals people can get some free makeup. Thought I would share it with FC. www.eyeslipsface.com

Also managed to reuse an old outdoor table base with an old wooden top from another table for outdoors. It works for outside and I covered it for now to protect it from the elements. That is I covered the top of the table. Reusing what I can and tossed some things I didn't need in the Fall cleanup yesterday. Like an old queen size mattress that was worn out. Getting the garage sorted and organized little by little. Lots of things to go through from almost 9 years of living in this house. As we bought it in 2000. Time sure flies by.

Hope everyone has a great day. God bless.

Last edited by barbszy; 11-05-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Assistant Moderator

I like the ELF make up!

Lisa, I have got to do better with paying bills before the due date. I was figuring up what I pay in late fees. It will be easier when dh goes back to work! His doctor appt is on the 21 but I am thinking about making it earlier in the week. Then work can plan for him to go back the following week. Cross fingers!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Frugal the last few days is just staying at home, cooking, cleaning, etc. It's cloudy and windy and sprinkling today so no laundry, supposed to be clear tomorrow though. I renewed and reserved library books online this morning. One book would not renew because someone else has requested it, I have about 100 pages left so I will be forced to spend today reading, oh so tough LOL. It's due today but as long as it is in the box before they open tomorrow there is no fine. Dh's office is right next to the library so he will drop it off for me tomorrow morning.

Today is the first day it's cold enough to need some heat so I have my first fire in the fireplace. It's all we use for heat and keeps it plenty warm in here, my house isn't too big and we like the bedroom cold at night so keep that closed off as well as a back bedroom that only houses dh's collectibles and my washer and dryer.

I have all my coupons clipped and my grocery list pretty well complete for my shopping trip Friday or Saturday. Got my freezer list updated yesterday and all cupboards organized and a few outdated boxes of crackers, cereal, etc. that were almost empty tossed out. Tonight dh is getting homemade broccoli cheese soup for dinner. Tomorrow night he has a motorcycle club meeting at 6pm so I don't think I'll have to cook, they usually have hot wings and other appetizers there.

This Saturday is my dgs's 7th birthday party, his BD is Friday. Dd1 is letting him take some friends to the bowling alley first then back to their house for hamburgers and hot dogs (dgs's request) and games and a pinata.

Okay time to get a couple things done around here then I can read. Have a great day everyone, Jean how are you feeling today?
Jacki
Old 11-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Nine Year Member

future teacher, you can inquire with your undergraduate office if they will supervise you on the volunteer work, they may be able to count some experience hours in for 1/2 credit to reduce the two half semesters requirement in teacher equivalencies. I also wonder if another option would be to find a temporary substitute position (like for a pregnancy or sabbatical leave) and if they would allow you to sub and then you'd get paid for the hours. I also wonder about you working with one of the online educational schools and if they would hire you to take a class and then you'd get teaching experience practical experience that way for some credit? this may sound stretchy but it might be worth the question begin asked.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, I am having problems with this site freezing up on me all day.

Frugal today is staying home and eating from home. Ds and I both ate leftovers for lunch for part of the meal. He is off from school because of election day. They use some of the schools to vote at.

Chris, I really am sorry for your co-workers that lost their jobs. I hope you are able to keep yours.

Jacki, I am so glad you got your new stove installed. I'd say your dh deserved that pineapple upside down cake. Thats one of my dh's favorites. I still had some dizzy spells yesterday and felt run down but I seem to be doing much better today. Sounds like you have been a busy bee getting so much done. You deserve that reading time.

Frugal is not having to turn the heat on today. Its supposed to start getting colder again by Friday. Well I am off to enjoy some coffee. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Jean
Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris, I'm so sorry you had a lay off scare, but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it. Hugs. Something has to happen in this country, there are just too many people losing their jobs and businesses closing. It is so sad.

Lisa, congratulations on being a Girl Scout leader! You will have so much fun. I used to be an assistant leader when my dd was in girl scouts, and I loved it!

Roberta, sorry about your cell phone. But, WOW! great savings at CVS! Gotta love CVS bucks!

Barbszy, sorry about your dh's car, I keep expecting something to happen to mine...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anna, unfortunately dental work is not something you can put off. Hugs.

Denahowy, good going on recycling the table! It's nice to be able to savage something and use it a little longer.

Johnnysgirl, bless your heart, having to spend the day reading! LOL

I have cast my vote, like everyone else I am glad this is just about over. I am much in prayer for this country.

Frugal? Just staying around home, cooking all of our meals, hanging my laundry out, and still getting things organized. Dh has got us quite a bit of wood cut already, so that will help a lot.

Hugs to you all...Linda

And God took a handful of southerly wind,
Blew His breath over it and created the horse. Bedouin Legend
Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yay, something fun and free for us

Sil is a party planner for a fancy place in our area well one of the events is a fundraiser for cancer and put on by a local hospital and Scott Hamilton anyway its the Ice Show An Evening with Scott Hamilton and Friends and she got some free tickets so invited the 4 of us! YAY should be fun, Kristi Yamaguci is also on the list! SO excited now lol!

Closed Thread