Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:15 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

With the Angelfood it didnt look too processy except for maybe the fries....I will look at those portions as dinner instead of eating out at a processed restruant lol! I did also order the fresh veggie/produce box!

Cooking at home and cleaning with vineagar!

Have a great afternoon!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean i know what you mean i need to get some weight off to but like you I love to eat and I cook all the time to and the next couple months is going to be really hard with all the goodies we fix this time of yr glad your feeling a little better

Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean,So glad that your fil gave you some food and other stuff for your and your family to use.I am, so glad you are feeling better too.
Lisa,Sounds like you are staying busy and your supper sounds pretty good too.
Anna,Wow that is alot of decluttering.
Jacki,Hope your docotors visit goes ok for you.
Barb,I am so sorry you have to wait until next week.Keep in mind I was told if you are filling a tampon and a pad in 1 hour you are sussope to go to the Er right away.But I hope you do feel better soon.
Frugal for me?Well I went to my tutoring and then I stayed for abit.I came home and was nibbling away at some of the food here.Aslo watched a movie that had to go back.
When my youngest came home we went and got some books for the next 2 weeks.
Tonight my youngest has a g/s meeting and swim practice starts tonight.It is a good thing as I really need to get in there to work out.
Mish
Old 10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
I made chicken noodle soup and hot homemad bicuits, and kept the wood stove hoppin. It's been in the 30's all day. brrr
Old 10-27-2008, 03:56 PM

Good evening all!!

It warmed up here a little during the day. Now we are expecting wind, rain and cooler temps - a nor'easter they say.

Not a lot of new frugalness going on here. Just the same old stuff.

Ericka, you are right, a dollar a week is still a dollar a week. If you put that dollar in your vacation fund each week, you would have that much extra, without missing those movies which you are getting free.

Jean, your fil seems to be trying to move on with his life. Not that he will not miss your mil, or mourn her loss, but he knows he has to do certain things for himself, and just keep moving.

BTW, I am glad you are feeling better. Did you call the company??

Anna, it is so easy to pile up stuff, and then not go look at, and sort through that stuff for awhile. I am starting to look at areas with a "stranger's eyes". That is, I am looking at an area as if this were not my house, and how would I see it. Sure motivates you.

Barb, I am happy to see the doctor's office recognized that you may have a real problem going on here, and changed that appointment for you.

Lisa, my gf who moved a few months ago, has refused to let her husband bring all his "boxes" into the house. The rule is he has to go through them in the garage, and only bring in something if he has a place to put it. Needless to say, the garage is still pretty full. But he is shredding quite a bit, finding sermons he used 20-30 years ago, that are out of place for today, etc.

Well ladies, better go for now. BTW, my company let 2 people go, and transferred one from our foam plant to us. We are starting to feel the crunch.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

I know I am posting in the wrong place but I have hurt my eye and can't hardly see a thing. Please pray for it.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Nine Year Member

Angel Food Ministries boxes are dinners for a family of 4 for 7 days for $30. So you get 7 frozen meats aprox 1 1/2 lbs worth and side dishes. The sides were box of mac & cheese, box of chicken & rice, frozen brocolli, green beans, bag of frozen tator tots, box of oatmeal cookies, bag of dried black beans, eggs, 32 oz shelf stable milk. The meat is frozen in the box I got there was 4 steaks, 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, deluxe pizza, breaded chicken chunks, 4 cheese brats, 1 lb ground turkey, frozen chicken patties.

You can order the fresh fruit & veggie box 19 lbs for $20 I got 2 lb onion, head of cabbage, celery, bag of pinto beans, 4 pears, 4 oranges, 4 tomatoes, 3 lbs apples, lb carrots, 4 lb potatoes.

I also ordered the 5 frozen entrees for 4 ($20 for 4 entrees was pretty good I thought) October was meatloaf, beef/chicken salsberry steak in gravy, chicken/rice/brocolli, stuffed bell peppers. I know I'm not remembering everything I got but I paid $69 for a dinner, veggies, and frozen entree boxes. Not bad for 14+ meals for 4. I think I posted what was in the boxes in the September thread.

WE have liked everything that we have tried so far. My church is becoming a AF Ministry church in November so I didn't order from the other church this month. You do have to pre-pay and get the food about 2 weeks later. The cost does vary every month based on what is in the boxes and there are 4 "other" meat boxes that can be bought as well.

Today wasn't frugal in miles driven since both girls had appointments at Children's 8 am & 12:50 pm so was 2 trips there and back but did fill up for ..... $2.09!!! in the morning.
DD1 has been diagnosed with Scoliosis so for now will be doing exercises at home until we go back in 4 months then will see if there has been a change and might have to go with therapy. The cervature is 24% so well out of the surgery range which is good. Got back in town then ran to Girl Scouts then ballet and finally home for dinner.

Roberta

Last edited by RobertaD; 10-27-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, I hope your eye heals quickly.

Roberta, I'm sure the therapy will help your dd quite a bit. I have scoliosis too, stretching and exercising help a lot.

Norma, I'm so sorry that your company is starting to layoff. It's so sad.

DD1 got a job, at McDonalds here in town (yeah!) but I had to get her black shoes, non skid soles. I did get the girls all new outfits, picture day is Wednesday. I also finally found a coat for myself that I like. It was $50 but I wear my coats for years and years, the last one was 7 years old before it begged to be thrown away. It was not in any shape to pass down. I did get dd1's shoes for work for $10, but also let her get some cute dressy boots, with heels, for $23, got dd3 new dress shoes for $5 on clearance. Got leggings for dd2 for $5 as well.

I'm going to switch around more laundry then dd1 and I are going to go for our walk. Maybe we'll do 2 miles tonight, or maybe we'll be frozen after 1, lol.

Hugs,
Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:50 PM

Norma

I'm sorry too to hear your company is starting to lay people off. We have a store chain here called Value City Furniture owned by the Schottestein Family, the original Schottenstein stores opened 100 years ago.. anyways they filed bankruptcy today and will let go all their employees within the next 2-3 weeks. One of my friends where dh and I worked her husband has worked for them for years on the docks so he will probably be one that gets let go.... they tried to get him to voluntarily leave several years ago but he wouldn't and managed to get into a different position and keep his job. They have 3 children and I'm pretty sure they were on his insurance plan instead of hers. Our family insurance dh and I were looking at his check this weekend, we've paid in over $4000 so far this year so that will have to come out of my friends check till her dh finds another job.

RobertaD

Thanks for reposting for Leighann about the Angel Food Ministries.

Frugal tonight was eating BOCA burgers and french fries made at home tonight and watching TV with dh. I have more housecleaning to do tommorow, I didn't get the floors mopped today then on to start making more candles to take to the store this weekend, our car was loaded down this past Saturday so no room for the few I did have and need to make more up.

Take Care everyone and Hugs to all who are struggling right now... may God comfort you.

Anna
Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta, Thanks so much for the info

Anna, What HOW awful about Value City! Will this be both the reg. store AND the furniture? We got the boys bunkbeds from there. Very sad as your right they have been around forever and so much more affortable then some of the other furniture stores in Ohio.

Connie, Hope your feeling better soon.

Lisa, Yay for your dd I worked at Mcdonalds when I was 16! Nice place for a first job and one free meal LOL! Back then I could even eat the stuff and not gain weight lol!

Closed Thread