Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

Kathy - so sorry for your families loss. HUGS
bluebird - just remember not everything happens in our time - but in God's time. There's a reason for everything. Good luck to you.
Been a busy weekend here.
Sat. I vacuumed everything! Floors, rugs, furniture, ceiling fans, and register vents. Had IL's over yesterday for joint birthday dinner. Mine 's the 27th, SIL on 30th, and nephew is the 1st. IL's brought Long Johns over as everyone likes, but noone buys. Also made mac n cheese and green beans. I made tea and cake. Had a nice meal and visit. No spend day.
Today - emptied the rain barells, as temps are supposed to get in 30's every evening this week. Brought in 10 more gallons for a total of 25 gals. inside. Cleaned out the rest of garden and 1 batch of live forever plants.
It's pretty today, but that's going to change this week. Have more yard work to do, but it can wait. Cleaned the humidifier aunt gave us a while back. Boy was it dirty. It's a floor size model. Went to buy milk, and added a few things to stockpile. Kroger had ground turkey for $1 a pound. Got 5 taco flavored and 5 reg. We use turkey a lot.
Need to work on computer a while today.
Going to have ham n cheese sandwich's grilled w/chips and pickles for supper.
Take care and have a great evening. God Bless.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa, the kids look like they are having a blast! All of our kids will want to move in with you--be careful!!

Thanks for the good wishes...I have been bleeding "on and off" for the past 12 days now. So something is definitely NOT right. My yearly appointment is 3 weeks away so tomorrow I will have to call them and see if I can get something soon. Right now I feel OK, but things have been starting up without warning and that bothers me the most.

Jean, I hope you are doing OK and the reaction goes away soon. My DD has been bugging me to buy that for her (she has maybe 3 pimples at the most!) but I am putting her off. If she needs more than Noxzema or Clearasil can handle I will take her to a dermatologist.

Pootersmommy, YUM, Long John Silver's! The one near here closed which was probably a good thing for my budget, but I did like it Sounds like you had a nice family day.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,So sorry that you are having all these female problems.I hope that your doctor can take care of you right away and get you all fixed up.
Anna,Sounds like you got some good deals.
Frugal for me?We have been home all day and now the dryer isn;t working right.Dh wants to have an appliance guy look at it and I am hopping they can fix the dryer.We think it might be the belt.Oh well stuff happens around here.Oh and we have very high winds here today too.
Mish
Old 10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My face kept getting worse yesterday evening. I started getting blisters. The benadryl cream didn't help much. This morning I got up at 5:30 and I was so swollen and a lot more blistered. My dh said if he hadn't of known it was me he wouldn't have recognized me. We decided to go to the emergency room. The doctor acted very surprised that it would have caused me to have such a terrible reaction. They gave me 4 different shots and gave me 3 different blood pressure medicines because my blood pressure was so high. The swelling has went down some but I am still swollen and I still look like someone set me on fire in my face. The doctor said not to use it anymore and I told him you couldn't hire me to use it again. I dread the big emergency room bills and all that comes with it but right now I am not worried about it. I just want to get better. He gave me a prescription for pills that I start tomorrow and use for 6 days. Anyway, I will close for now because one of my eyes is acting up.
Jean
Old 10-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean i hope you feel better soon wow wonder what is in that stuff that caused you do have that reaction feel better quick ok

Old 10-26-2008, 03:18 PM

Good evening all!!

Jean, I have never heard of such a reaction to that product. Poor baby, I hope the er gave you all the right meds to get the reaction under control and that you start feeling better soon.

Lisa, I am glad the kids had so much fun. They looked very happy.

Barb, definitely call the gyn. And I am so sorry your dh made a trip for nothing.

I looked on my way to church this morning, and I had a few limbs down. When I came home and went out to get them picked up, I noticed one had been severed by a lightning bolt. Yep, one had burn marks on it.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Nine Year Member

Jean, you need to contact the company again and talk to someone about covering your medical bills.

Started cleaning up the garden pulled the tomatoe and bell pepper plants for the trash. Will mow the weeds and plants then try to get the tiller working, haven't tried since it quit and if it runs till the garden for the winter.

Roberta
Old 10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb - Many years ago, I had the constant bleeding. Every time I'd call the Dr's ofc, the nurse would say, "Come in when you stop bleeding." One day I got the Dr. on the phone. He said, "come in immediately." When he did a blood test, my hemoglobin was 7, 1/2 of what it should have been. He told me, "That is how little old ladies die just died in their sleep from low hemoglobin." Scared the life out of me. I had 2 bleeding fibroid tumors the size or oranges. He did a D&C in his ofc, no anesthesia, no pain. It helped for a few years. So, don't lose as much blood as I did. I did not have to have a hysterectomy. He said if I'd wait till my estrogen stopped producing, finally did at age 58, the tumors would dry up and go away. They did!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks girls! I have never had to advertise mostly word of mouth. Not sure what exactly I am going to do but she did tell me they may need me on occasion so hoping she is telling the truth and possibly between that and cutting things out I will be ok. I was proactive for November already. One of Evans classmates mom had asked if I could sit on the odd days they have off and her and her dh dont. SO I at least picked her ds up for 3 or 4 days for November! Bonus he is good friends with Evan

I went to Cvs today spent out of pocket $6.80 I got and yes its a gamble but when my dh gets sick he would spend $20.00 on something to give him a little releif lol. Anywho I got 2 pk bottle of Nyquil, 1 bottle of Theraflu, 2 pkgs of Halls cough drops, and A 4pk of Bic disposable razors advanced 3! I walked out with another $14.00 in ECB. I saved 23.68! Cant remember if I posted about my Friday night CVS bill....I picked up my diet Coke 3 12 packs for .04 CENTS! I LOVE CVS!!!
Will be going back because I forgot about the SoyJoy Bars 4/4 plus 4 ECB right now its my happy place!

Lislynn, Love the photo! I may have missed but is your dbf moving in with you? I think its wonderful if he is YOU deserve to be happy!

Barb, I hope your feeling better soon.

Anna, Yes I do remember it was hard when Dh was out of work and we DID make it. I would be okay with it all if we had not seemed to accrue SO much debt the last few months. We had a new garage built and that was $10,000 plus while its great our van is paid off it has had some COSTLY repairs.....

Another thing I did for November is sign up for Angel Food Ministries. I think its worth at least giving a try. I found a pick up at my sils church! For $52.00 I get a reg box of food and a fruit produce box. A 1.00 service fee for ordering online but thats still easier than driving out there! Do any of you use the program?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lisa...ive read that book. i really like the books about the depression. he has another one too...but i cant remember the name. but its good too. you should get that one too.

ok...today, i sent my grandma a cookie with one of her cnas. My grandma had a stroke a few years ago, and i make her cry. its because she connects me to my dad, and my dad wont go see her. so...long story short, im not allowed to go see her much. but seh loves the cookies from work. so when i get a worker in there, i always try to talk them into taking her a cookie. shes ok if she just gets the cookie, i write on there who its from and that i love her, and they say she doesnt cry. like its from the mail or something. it makes me feel better to do that.

frugal today...not much. i spent 100 at walmart today getting winter things. i got 2 small space heaters that i hope to be able to use to keep the bedrooms warmer. and lots of plastic to put on the windows and the back door. im going to do some of that tommrow. i have to try to get my house ready for winter and i dotn have much help. so thats my agenda for tommorw. to clean on the house, and do laundry and winterize. now i just need to get my bills figured out, and it will all be good. ive uped my cell plan becasue the month befor joe and i seperated, he added over 1000 extra mins of use to my phone. i almost freaked, they did let me up the minutes to that plan and retro activate it. taht way i ddint have to pay out all that money. but its got to be on there till all his charges are paid. sooo thats an extra 2o a month for the next 3 months. but then i can drop it again.

so thats whats been happening with me. i hope everyone else has a good night...

ooohhh i forgot we got a redbox rental at walmart now. i got juno tonight. plus i got a free code for another movie too. and every monday they will send me a text message with a free movie. so thats going to be good. the girls can get a free movie a week. they just have to agee on them. hope that all works out too.

see you all tommorw
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/

Closed Thread