Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 05:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today? September 2008

This is the latest installment in our very popular "What did you do frugal today?" series. Here we share those big and small ways that we save money, time, and resources. If there's a way to save money, our frugal friends here will find it. Share your ideas or ask your questions here!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Frugal friends, we are now "open for business" here in September!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Goodness, I hit send to reply to Robert and BAM! the thread is closed! You're quick Barb, very quick!

Anyway...
Ericka, Roberta's right on the Avon. I sold it for awhile and a few months I was my very best customer, lol!

It's still quiet here this morning. Only the DBF and I are up and moving at all, well besides the cat. I'm going to give the girls a little bit and wake them so we can get to the fair before they give away all of the arm bands.

I desperately need to do some grocery shopping. Will sit down with my coupons this afternoon and map out a game plan.

Guess I'll get in the shower since it's free'd up and the steam is gone from it.

Happy Labor Day everyone, be safe.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sorry about that, Lisa! When I am closing a thread I should check to see if anyone is in a "reply."
Old 09-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna i tried LJ flatbreads and they are really good

not much going on here today staying home i hope dh has to start working out of town wed and we have to pay motel that is a big chunk out of our check so will have to tighten the apron strings even more

Old 09-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have a frugal tip. When I went to give my graddaughter a bath, I noticed a ring around the tub that was dark and soap scum-like. Well, a bottle of vinegar (which is alot cheaper than bathroom stain removers, etc. )was at hand so I poured some on a rag and wiped the stuff right off. No scrubbing at all. And a little rinse with water and we were ready to bath. No after odor was left either, which really surprised me.

Another vinegar tip: my daughter decided to clorox her white shorts to look whiter (of course!). She let them soak too long in the bathroom sink. The silver drain ring lost its shine and looked like the clorox ate it off. I got some vinegar and wiped it. The shine was back! And it has stayed that way. I use it now to clean all the faucets in the house. A little rinse with water and there's no vinegar odor left.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb, that's ok, I was teasing you!

Harleychick, that's a great tip!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

To OIS...As pensioners we get our scrips filled at Walmart. It only costs $4.11. The problem is that you have to pay $100.00 yearly (per government instructions) before they can charge $4.11. As it happens, my first script after Aug. 1 was for $172.00, so I had to pay my $100.00 outright. Hubby's script was only $13.00 so it goes toward his $100.00. Confusing, right? Somehow this doesn't seem fair, but fortunately for us we did have the $100.00 in the bank to pay it. The druggists at Walmart are top notch, and will let us know if there is any kind of problem, etc.
Have a wonderful Labour day everyone.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I was telling you all about the gates dh build saving us from buying them i took picture so you can see them it was all recycled lumber and hinges we have 2 sets up steps on our front porch
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

and also they keep all the puppys and dogs off from chewing up are shoes lol

Closed Thread