Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for today?Well it seemed like I was busy picking up some stuff from wm and target as I had a card that needed to be used up and I didn't really alot of money while doing it.Then I came home had lunch and took my oldest back to Aerosptale and got another camilie shirit for her.Tried to use my VS coupon but they were going to charge me 7.50 for both pairs of underwear and then 5.00 for the make up bag.I said no thanks and walked away.I couldn't believe what a rip off that was.Then went to Kohls and was only able to get 1 pair of jeans for 14.99 plus tax.We then came home and I rested went to a cookout with my middle dd and had supper there too.I came home for abit and I will go and get her in abit.Aslo I forgot the treats for the dog.We are doing pretty with the sale items but could do a better job at beingfrugal with other stuff too.
Mish
Old 08-31-2008, 06:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Gloria, we live in the boonies here. I am not complaining because I can't imagine wanting anything but a country life. Its just what I have pretty much always known. Sometimes, it would be nice to have a few more stores close by.

I didn't know what otter pops were either but thats because we don't call them that around here either. My kids used to go thru a lot of them.

Anna, I love those Long John Silvers flatbread sandwiches. I don't know if they still have them but thats my favorite thing from there. I also love those little crunchie pieces of batter. I know its terrible for me but it does taste good.

Sammi, good luck tomorrow on getting some good deals. I don't have many coupons but will mostly be buying generic. The save-a-lot I go to moved to another location and I am hoping the store will be nicer and cleaner looking than the old one.

The corn from the garden was so good and sweet. My ds said now he will never like the can corn nearly as good after getting spoiled on the garden corn.

Well have a good night of rest everyone. I plan on getting up early and shopping before it gets too busy or hot tomorrow.

Jean
Old 08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jean

Yes, they have those flatbreads here too... I haven't tried them yet but they did look tempting. We got a family basket and had way too much fish left so it'll be lunch sandwiches tommorow with tartar sauce and fresh tomatoes. So that'll be frugal. Dh wants to study most of the day tommorow on his books he got from the library, we were invited to a cookout with our friends across the street but dh doesn't want to socialize, he wants to stay focused on his studies so we'll just hang out at home. I do have to get slimfast, couldn't leave it in the car today when I stopped at Krogers to pick up Windi's meds and mine (2nd half from where my doctors office couldn't get my script called in correctly, the pharmacist at Krogers called, got it fixed right and didn't charge me extra for the doctors mistake. I'll tell you it cost us a little extra doing it monthly instead of mail order but..... those guys work so hard for us, know us by name, warn us if the script doesn't look right and they never, ever loose my scripts, overcharge me or delay getting me my meds as the last mail order pharmacy did... some of our meds we absolutely can not miss doses on and it's just too risky anymore to deal with the mail order places. I used to use them all the time with no problems but then they started messing up... charging my credit card at a new price without informing me of the price change, meds never showing up and them telling me they couldn't read my script and couldn't get hold of my doctor, just plain laziness is what it was and I'd just rather pay the little extra and on our plan it really isn't that much of a savings anymore to deal with incompetence... o.k. off my soap box .

Oh and btw, speaking of insurance and medical cost.. dh got his new face mask and strap, he's allow 1 new one every 6 months... OMG! we saw the bill, the face mask was $265.00 and the strap was $65.00... crazy! It doesn't do anything it's just a plastic face goggle and the strap isn't anything fancy either... I totally can not believe they charge that much money for it. We are going to check with our insurance company next week to see how much it will cost us to buy the machine outright and dh is going to do a search for a oxygen tank to see if we can't find one cheaper rather than go through this whole thing of renting and having to explain our entire financial history every 6 months if we can get it cheaper and also a better machine as I've mentioned my electric bill this summer is running $5 a day, imagine what it would be if I wasn't line drying my clothes!

Anna
Old 08-31-2008, 08:56 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hurricane Gustav & Our FC Family

Just wanted to let any of our FC family who is in it's path, we are praying for all of you that it changes course and hope that all of you are safe and out of dangers way.

God Be With You

Anna
Old 08-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi all, I've been here, lurking, sulking, steaming.

Anna, I bet it IS cheaper all around to buy the oxygen tank. A TENS unit is cheaper to buy outright than to lease!

Jean, I long to eventually sell my house and move out in the country. I'm in a very small town, 1 minute and I'm in the country but I want a place for chickens and a HUGE garden and just room to roam. I do love my house here in my little town, mainly because I have that side lot and no one next to me on the west side, lol.

I've been lurking because my bf and I got in our first real, yet huge argument. All due to his son, my son and men being big dang babies. He left at 8 am mad as a hornet and me mad at him, he spent the day with his kids and his mom. He called me in the early evening and was still p'ing and moaning and I let it ALL out, he hung up on me. Then he called back and said are you done and I said NO and still just let it all out. He asked if I wanted him and his daughter to come back, his son decided he should go back home (Good, the little trouble maker) and I said yes, if you're going to run whenever we have a disagreement we don't have a good relationship. I went to p/u my dd1 then went to my girlfriend's house to hang out, just get out of my house and I just got home a bit ago and he's apologizing, he loves me, things are worked out between him and my son. The nutshell is my 21 yr old son and my 43 yr old bf were acting like 11 yr olds and his 11 yr old was being a jerk and trying to get my girls in trouble for something that he did but blamed on them and I was having none of it. I think it's all worked out but we'll see. I've told you all how much trouble we've had with his oldest child, his son, well this was the straw you know? I wonder if he'll see now how his son manipulates him? Only time will tell I guess.

My frugal today, just hung out with my girls all day, we did a Dairy Queen run and that made them so happy, just a little bit of ice cream, they watched movies, played a few games and we just hung out, us, together. DD1 did go to her friend's house, stayed for a few hours, I picked her up then went, as I said, to my friend's house, and we gossiped, talked, vented, it was good for me, and her as well.

Tomorrow I think I'm taking the girls to the DuQuoin State Fair (IL). My office has free food, free arm bands for the kids to ride and free refreshments and a band. At least it will get us out of here for a bit! All it costs me is the gas. I wasn't going but since bf's son is not here, what the heck?

Well, that was my day. I haven't been that upset in awhile. Sorry to unload. Hugs to you all, enjoy your day, k?

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

dropping by to read
My frugal for today was when dh and I went to eat and drinks came with our meals, I got extra refill (free) and sip on that for the rest of the evening and he took his to work with him.

most mornings I've been getting up earlier than he does, so I'm making instant coffee which makes me drink less, and I don't have to pour our coffee this way.
of course I use the coffee baskets instead of the paper filters.

this time of the yr our horses loves to eat the bad pears that falls which is cheaper than treats. LOL

The bread got a hole in it so I put it in another bread wrapper before it went stale.
think that would count.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ericka just remember to keep yourself on a budget so you don't go over board ordering Avon for yourself and family. $300 is a great order, your 2nd if I remember correctly.

Anna I know when my DH was on a tens unit the insurance company bought it after the 5th month of rental because it was cheaper for long term usage. And with a script for the pads the Pain Management company would just drop them off every three months.

Will be picking tomatoes, bell peppers and green beans from the garden this morning before heading out to the church booth to sell chicken & noodles, apple dumplings.

Roberta
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Please join us over at September's What Did You Do Frugal today!

Closed Thread