Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Harleychic,
Do you ever have problems with the ink staining?
craftchick
Old 08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Only on my hands. LOL! I got lots of stained hands today. Somehow rain got into the floorboard on the passenger side of my van. I have been putting newspapers (that I got from a neighbor since I don't get the newspaper) on the carpet in it all day. It's gotten most of the water off and stain only on my hands.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

My frugal thing today has been to start de cluttering my craft room. I got a box of Avon retuns done to send back next week.

Dh works tomorrow so I'll be in there looking for more things to throw.

I came across a pair of comfy pants that I almost threw out tried them on and they will be good for working in the yard.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Kate---Way to go on that shirt! Great idea!
Karen---Your last post was on the last thread...I think....I know how you feel abouat ds!!! In the same boat of sorts! Hope he's on the mend.
I did do some food shopping today. I went to Walmart and I hate that store with a passion. Went there to look for a different type of stage 3 vege for my dgs. No Walmarts where dd lives. The store was being reconstructed to begin with and this is one of those Super Walmarts that just.....you know what I mean. Wasn't a total waste of gas. I hit a few other stores. It's about 8-10 miles away from me...and I am glad!
So much has gone on in the past week. When I chill out enough I'll post!
Venting!!!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta, thanks so much for the information on the green beans. I picked some out of the garden tonight for the first time this year. I plan on cooking them tomorrow. I may have some extra in the garden and needed to know how to freeze them. Thanks again.

Frugal this evening was fixing potatoes from the garden along with tuna salad. I had leftover boiled eggs from our salads yesterday. I like to boil some extras to have in different dishes. I used the water from the egg to water one of my flowers.

Harleychic, I haven't heard that about using the newspaper. That sounds like a good tip. Thanks for posting it.

Well everyone have a good night.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kate, excellent job on the shirt! I will remember that!

Craftchick, loved the dress! Good luck, I hope you win!

I took the girls to Bob Evans to eat but the 2 younger girls ate from the children's menu so half price and dd1 and I only got sandwiches, no sides. It was a nice treat and we all got to spend time together.

After we got home they changed into their swimsuits and I took them to my cousin's house to swim. We got home from there and dbf was home with his two kids, they all had to catch up with each other, lol.

One great frugal for us, the girls and I, I have 5 free passes to the movie theater that I got from work. One of the loan companies that some of our clients use (legalized loan sharking in my opinion) sent the work comp department 5 movie passes for any movie. My boss gave them to me to share with the 2 girls I work with. Both of them do not like to go to theaters so....they're mine! My girls want to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II so we'll see that next Thurs or Fri! On this coming Wed I'm taking my dd1, her 2 friends and my friend to see Lady Antebellum at our local county fair. Tickets were $10 a piece and we all cannot wait!

I'm off of here for the night, am tired and have to start chasing kids to bed.

Sweet dreams my friends.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

im so excited!! i sold more than $225 so far!! one of the sales was for $30 at the local newspaper where i left a book at. one of the guys who works there, looked thru it and called me for a $30 order!! how cool is that? and my sil ( joes sister) brought me her order tonight too. she also took extras to give her friends at work!! i love it.

other than that, not much else is going on here, went grocery shopping for the whole month, and spent almost 170.00 and got enough for the whole month. so that will be a help too. my mom is home now, and she made a chicken potpie for dinner, and the girls will be going to holiday world tommow with the church. so that will be fun for them.

not much exciteing here..glad everyone is doing so well saving money.

see ya all later
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 08-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Wow--you have really come up with some great frugal and inventive ideas!

Kate, the shirt is really cute. Thanks for posting the picture. How much bleach did you put in the bucket of water when you "tie dyed" the shirt?

Butterfly, I was googling "llamas day" yesterday and got nothing. Then you gave the spelling "lammas" and I was able to find an article about it. Interesting!
Old 08-02-2008, 05:23 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I laid the shirt out flat, clipped a spot with a clothespin, then spun it around until it looked like a cinnamin bun. Wrapped some elastics around it to hold it in place. Then using a squeeze bottle full of bleach, squeezed bleach in lines and then just left it for about 30mins. Then I rinsed it in cold water to "stop" the bleach. Then voila!
mom to Connor, Bethany, Hannah, Leah and Patrick
Old 08-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Kate, thanks for the detailed directions! I love how the shirt came out.

Closed Thread