Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Just subbing.

And I have also noticed a jump in prices at Aldi!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Subing for me.
Today went to pay a bill.Picked up some yougurt for dhs lunch and also noticed the prices jumped at Sams Club too.I spent 70.00 there oh and I spent almost 39.00 to fill my Explorer back up.
The main thing I have done that is frugal is stockpiling alot of my stuff.I noticed in my pantry I have alot of bags that I save for parties,food,and even school supplies too.Aslo been trying to stay home more and do more old fashioned stuff with the kids.
Hugs,
Mish
Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Just subing
Old 08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Craftchick, I love the dress

Johnnysgirl, I have heard of lammas day, this is on August 1st and it's an ancient festival linked I believe to the first wheat harvest.

Mish, I am trying to stockpile aswell. Having been off work for so long I have used up a lot of my foodstuffs so I now need to restock. I have an internet shop coming this Monday, and I hope that they have all the items I've requested.

Frugal for today: setting up my menu plan for the month.

Have a nice evening.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Today I found a way to re-claim a paint stained shirt.

I just recently purchased dd1 a brand new (really lovely) pink cotton shirt. It was worn while painting and even though a smock was on, still paint managed to get on it. Repeated attempts to remove the stains were fruitless. Unwilling to let an otherwise great shirt go to waste, I reverse tie-dyed it. Instead of using dye, I used bleach. She now has a funky looking shirt to wear that she loves even more than in its original incarnation.
Attached Images

mom to Connor, Bethany, Hannah, Leah and Patrick
Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Good evening all!!

Just subbing. Barb, that is a good idea to categoize the posts somehow.

I have a question. I don't remember who, or when but someone posted about used work pants. I think that since my nephew seems to be sticking with his job, I should invest in some work pants for him.

If the original poster, or anyone who wrote down the site would share again, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for the congrats on the article.
Casey went to the dentist today and they packed her down and we go back monday to see how she's doing.
I've been entering a lot of blog contests this week and had an email that I won a coupon for a free Wolfgang Puck pizza that is new in the freezer section (at least new here) and I am really excited about it- more than some of the pricier things I have won... probably because I doubt I'd buy one without a great coupon but they have some really great looking flavors.
I also did a quick survey for an Amazon GC.
Pretty sure my daughter and grandson will be moving in with us within the next month or so... and this is a good thing or she'd end up killing her husband and if she didn't I would. That won't be so frugal but I will be happy to have them as long as they need a place.
Craftchick, good luck with the contest the dress is beautiful.

The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star. Antheleme Brillat-Savarin

Old 08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

On the green beans I wash them in plan water, snap off the ends and break them into 2-3 pieces depending on the size of the green bean. Then I parboil them for 4-5 min and cool in ice water, drain then fill a sandwich bag which makes a meal for us. I put the filled sandwich bags into a bigger bag for extra freezer portection.

Roberta
Old 08-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Great Idea wicket, I will have to try this.
craftchick
Old 08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm not sure if this is considered frugal but newspaper is great for absorbing liquids out of carpet. You don't have to use towels which would need to be washed and dried, using extra detergent and electricity. You just throw it away. Newspaper also absorbs quicker so the liquid doesn't settle in the pad under your carpet.

Closed Thread