Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

barb i had it set on med so ill try light next time ill have to find more recipes to try in it iv had the things for a couple yrs and this is about the 3rd time iv used it dh and dd loved the bread i made today

Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I use the light setting on my bread machine, too.

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 08-04-2008, 05:07 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Frugal today for me - breakfast, lunch and dinner from what I had here.

I think I have figured out what my best frugal is this summer - the stand fan I bought for $20 at the beginning of the summer. I have it blowing the ac which comes out of the bedroom across the entire living room. And on those rare occasions when it is cool enough outside to have the windows open, it circulates that cool air too.

Another frugal is my bathroom vent fan. It takes the hot air (warm air rises) out into the little attic space. That pulls the cooler air that is circulating in the front rooms, backwards a little and is helping to keep the whole house a little cooler.

I figure that is cheaper than more ac, and is moving more air around.

Well ladies, I think that is about it for today.

I didn't sleep too well last night either. Maybe too much caffeine before bed? I will be in bed earlier this evening.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Craftychick, love the dress! What pattern # did you use?
Wicket, what a neat shirt! That is really using your head!
Norma, www.usedworkclothes.com is where I have ordered from. We were happy.
Karen and Lauri, I am in the same boat with you. My ds......
Thanks for the newspaper tip harleychic!
Ericka, great job on selling Avon.
Lisa LOVE the bag!
Kathy hasn't the heat been terrible?? It was 115 I think yesterday.
I didn't go to yard sales. I did go to goodwill before my sisters reception. Got some good deals on clothes for ME! I bought a dress I really like. Dd flipped over it. I have a top pattern like it.... just make the one piece longer.....
Kathy I went off my ad this summer/spring too. You might want to check into Bachs I buy mine at www.feelbach.com
I have never cooked my green beans that long, Lisa. Are they really good?
I am now hungry for meatloaf!
Stuie may or may not be on good morning america tomorrow!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, the green beans are melt in your mouth good!

One of these days I'll find a bread machine that's not disgustingly encased in cigarette smoke. Sigh

Came home from work, made hot dogs for the kids and we got our suits on and went swimming. I looked forward to it all day, floating on a raft in the pool. It's 28 feet across, I love that pool! Wish it were mine. Now we're home, the kids are looking for fireflies and I'm doing laundry and watching Spaceballs! I have a huge crush on Bill Pullman, I'll admit it. He's soooo young in this movie but it was made in the 80's! LOL.

Going to get off here and finish folding laundry. Frugal was not spending anything other than $2.00 for lunch.

I looked up my dream about water on a dream analysis site. As it was muddy water it said my thoughts are clouded and I'm unsure of the next step. I'm thinking they are right. That was the first dream. The second one had clear water and it said that I was on the verge of making a decision about difficulties in my life. Again, pretty accurate.

Hugs to you all my friends! Sweet dreams. I hope we ALL get some decent sleep tonight.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:02 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good Evening Everyone

Frugal today is we will have our landline phone turned off at midnight... not only saving us $30 a month for a phone we rarely use but also unplugging a answering machine and portable phone unit, hey I'll take every little bit of electric savings I can get. Now we just have to be relentless about remembering to charge our phones .

Craftchick

Grand idea about using up extra photo's.

Lisa

I'm surprised the person selling the bread machine didn't clean it first... a little vinegar and water should have taken off the cigarette scum, if not they shouldn't have offerred it for sale. Although I smoke, I would have still been ick! over that.

Anna
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Butterfly, I have that cookbook also, that is a very good one. It is probably either extending the table or the More with Less Cookbook?

Lisa, could you put a bread machine on your Christmas wish list? A dream analysis website, that is cool, I never heard of that. Although lately I have not had any dreams.

Karen, when I make bread in the bread machine, the crust is always so hard too. But, buttering it does help some.

Not much frugal going on here out of the norms. I will take time today to bake DS a cake, he is 19 today. Wow, where has the time gone?

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good Morning Everyone

Dh is taking another day off work today vacation time, sigh! It's hard to stay disciplined to do my own work when he's here hanging out.

Frugal today will be trying to resist buying more than I'm going in the store for when I pick up dh's prescriptions... it's so hard to resist buying just because it's on sale,seems like they are really pushing cereal sales this summer such pretty boxes, LOL! I have several bulk bags of cereal I bought awhile back unopened yet and have to keep reminding myself of that.

Lisa

Don't forget to do a request on freecycle for a bread machine too.

Anna
Old 08-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen, I hope your ds has a wonderful birthday. My ods just turned 21 last Friday so I know how you feel about the time passing so quickly.

I am up early. I woke up very early and laid in the bed tossing and turning. I finally decided to just get up. I picked up just a little in the house, emptied the dw and put some more things back in. I am trying to be quiet so the others can sleep. I will have to soon take the garbage to the road if dh doesn't get up to take it out. We ended up having so much this week and the can is going to be heavy so I do hope he gets up soon.

Frugal last night was my inlaws bringing us a few ears of corn, tomatoes and cabbage from their garden. I will try to make a salad later on today. Dh and ds are wanting a big cooked breakfast so I plan on making biscuits, gravy, bacon and eggs here after while.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping so I had a very expensive day. Hopefully, it will last a while. It seems to go fast and the prices seems to keep getting higher all the time. The gas has went down to 3.70 something around here. I did get to use a dollar coupon off gas yesterday.

Well I hope each of you have a good day. Take care everyone.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:59 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jeandeanette

I work up a little early this morning too . Then dh decided to take the day off and I'm too awake to go back to bed so I'm up doing dishes, writting notices to my customers of changes in our companies policy and getting ready to pour a second layer on my Christmas candles, I did Peppermint Twist as the bottom layer yesterday, today I'm not sure probably Christmas Memories... I'm trying to use up some extra odds and ends oils by making them into holiday themed layer candles.

Anna

Closed Thread