Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today? - 22

Continue posting your Frugal tips here!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just subbing! Wow, can't believe it's thread 22!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oops, forgot to sub! Let's do this again!!!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Just subbing -- wow, lots of frugal living going on here. Way to go, gals!

Liz
Old 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone!
Frugal for today was grilling some frozen chicken breasts to store in the freezer. Left some out for tonight's dinner. I also made some oatmeal raisin cookies and some cranberry orange scones for snacks. Other than that, just cleaning out the fridge and reorganizing things in the freezer so that they are easier to find.
Take care ladies, and I hope that you all are having a good day!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. I went to walmart and did a little Christmas shopping and a little grocery shopping.

Frugal today was using what coupons I had at walmart and getting a free container of icecream at another store. I only got the icecream so it was nice to leave that store paying nothing at all. Dh and I still are eating the leftover soup at lunch. I am also still using free deodorant sample and a free razor.

Have any of you come up with any New Year's Resolutions in money terms? I am hoping that the bills are not more than the payday allows and to start saving all my rolled change and a small amount out of each payday that is possible to. Also, I hope to stretch the grocery money further. We will see how it goes.

Well have a good evening. I am not feeling so well. I think part of it is not sleeping enough. A while ago I had a nose bleed and I just feel weak.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean, when my kids get a nosebleed they immediately follow by being sick with a severe cold, never fail. Rest, your body is trying to tell you that. I do hope you feel better. But I bet that really did feel good leaving the store with something and knowing it was FREE (one of my favorite words).

When it comes to financial/frugal resolutions. I want to, and plan to, bank any rebate checks, money from surveys, money collected from can recycling into a savings for next year and Christmas. That is my plan. For the monthly expenses just up the o/t if I can and am going to try my hand at selling Watkins products right about the first of the year. See if that can supplement my income. I hope to pay off the 2 credit cards (Target and a Mastercard, not high balances but still...) and the shed loan. Will use part of income tax refund to pay off the shed and rehab the main bathroom. Those right now are all I have figured out.

Frugal tonight, stopping by Pizza Hut on the way home for their $4.00 pizza. The girls and I have to run to finish their Christmas buying as well as me finish a few odds and ends. If I stopped at the store to pick up something (Mother Hubbard's cupboard is bare) it would cost more than $4.00.

Hope you all have a good night.

lisa
Old 12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member

Subbing
Feel better Jean!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello

Well I received my electric bill today, about had a heart attack, it was $165. Did have a +balance of ($97) which helped. My balance due on the 3rd of Jan is $60. Now the amt of my monthly pro-rated bill each month will be upped to $93...Yikes. I am really going to tighten the ole belt this next yr.

Still haven't gotten another client, and with the 1 client I have left ( which keeps saying she is going to her dd in CA) I will be in dire straights.Hopefully 2008 will bring a much better finacial yr for me, as 2007 was the pits. This increase in taxes & etc is not good.

Will be going to my odd tomorrow for a pre-Christmas supper. Oh yes, today I got a free box of (huge) granny smith apples, will share them with my family and be making apple crisp & etc. May even tuck a few in my suitcase when I fly to CO the first of the month.

Hope your all keeping warm, we have had cold weather here for over a month, our nights drop down in the low 20's. Guess that is one reason for the high heat bill. I keep my furnace set at 69 day/night.

Joy
Old 12-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Joy, I feel your pain in the heat dept. We are on equal pay which in the winter is a blessing.

I'm off work for the next two weeks. A little vacation for me.

Closed Thread