Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

LOL on the simple home remedies!

Frugal the past few days... entering lots of points at mycokerewards.com and ordering free 20 oz. coke coupons, catching a ride to my parents' when DH was working in their area, buying lunch at work with my discount and the change in the bottom of my purse, letting DD buy me lunch after church , ABM bread, crockpot oatmeal, crockpot dinner as follows:

Put a liner bag in the crock pot in case you are too lazy to scrub it after dinner (guilty!)
Dump in a box of stuffing (I used stale bread, bouillion cubes and seasonings, my frugal part)
Spread on a can of cream-of-whatever soup (sometimes I make my own, too lazy today)
Wrap 4 still-frozen chicken breasts in bacon slices, all bought on sale, of course! Put on top of the cream-of-whatever soup.
Do not add more liquid. The brining in the chicken will seep out and moisten the stuffing.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Put a slice of cheese (we like swiss, muenster, or cheddar) on each chicken breast about 10 minutes before serving. Serves 4 unless they are my DH and DS!
pw
Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Frugal today is staying home and having library hold a book for me instead of going out and buying it. Just got to go pick it up and hope to do that Wednesday. Also clipping coupons to help with my grocery buying
Old 01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma, I meant to tell you that I will be thinking of you tomorrow!
Pam, I know...I was really pulling for the Packers, too.
PW, that sounds really good and easy to make!
Ericka, I'm sorry you have to be in a job like that. I hope you can find something better soon.
Barb, I am the main spinach eater here, also. :-) Here is a recipe for spinach salad that I got from a friend of mine a long time ago. It's not much to look at, but I just love it:
In a large bowl, fill with spinach and stir in 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 cup shredded swiss cheese. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup olive oil, 3/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda), and 1 tsp. dry mustard. Blend and add, 1 cup sliced mushrooms and 1 small onion, thinly sliced. Marinate overnight and mix into spinach. Top with crumbled bacon. Will keep for 3-4 days in fridge. I sometimes also add dried cranberries.
Take care!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma, congratulations on the job! And how nice for you that it is so close to home.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm back! I had no internet for a few days but all is finally well.

Ericka, so sorry your dd has strep, my 11 yr old dd had it a few weeks ago, no fun.

I have had the best time with my brother. My youngest brother that lives down here is our fly in the ointment but he's ok, I can deal, I can even deal with his witchy wife. I do not like her but I tolerate her to keep peace. My other brother, from Chicago, is a good time, loads of fun but serious when need be. I've missed my niece and nephews and oh my have they grown! We visited again tonight, laughed my butt off till got a call from the b/f that he was there. We almost have the floor put down in the kitchen. Have come up against a few bumps we didn't expect but it looks wonderful.

I need to get to bed. Just waiting for b/f to call to let me know he got home ok. We're having that sleet/rain stuff.

Hope you all have a great day. Hugs all around.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:38 AM

Good morning all!!

Connie - Happy Birthday. Hope your family makes it a wonderful day for you.

Barb, sorry Luke is under the weather. Hope that passes soon.

Thanks for all the kind wishes for a good first day. I am sure it will be just fine. I am ready for the training.

This evening, I am scheduled to pick up my gf in Atlantic City, and go to dinner. This is the month her husband teaches on Tuesdays. He doesn't get home until 10:30 those nights. The first week I was just too sick to help her out. Last week, they were away, and he changed the class to Thursday (our regular day to go out), and now it will be back to this evening.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Barb, poor Luke, I hope he's feeling better this morning.

I was so tired last night I didn't respond to a lot of your posts. Only a little less tired this morning. I am not used to this no sleep thing, late nights. Makes me wonder how I did it for so many years straight when the kids were babies!!!

We had a dusting of snow but the temp is up to 34 F, I can live with that. Time to get the girls moving along. I'll check in during the day!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Birthday, Connie! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lisa, I'm so glad you got to see your brother and family. I miss my younger brother. He is the only one of my 5 siblings that I am close to. He lives outside of Philadelphia and I don't get to see him very often. I'm hoping to get to visit him this summer.

Norma, I hope you have a wonderful first day at your new job! Have a great time with your friend tonight as well.

I'm trying to get myself motivated to get ready for work. It might be a little easier if it wasn't so darn cold out!

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'll talk to you later today.

Kathy
Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie.I hope your day is very special.
Lisa,Glad to see you are back online.Glad you had fun with your brothers too.
Norma,Hope your first day of work is alot of fun for you.
Frugal for me?Last night went to the ymca and worked out.Today woke up and the temp is below zero again.We got alot of snow here.And the kids have no school and i don't have school today too.Not sure what we will do.I am sure we will stay home and just relax.My dh says the roads are ok to drive on so i am sure we will go to the ymca tonight.I will be back on later on.

Mish
Old 01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

"Happy Birthday" Connie. Hope you have a wonderful day.

I hope everyone's children are on the mend. There has been so much yucky stuff going around this winter.

I worked yesterday and then did some shopping the only really frugal thing I got was oranges, 10# for 3.88 so I got 2 bags. This will be my 3rd bag I've bought. Dh loves oranges and we have a juicer so we are eating a lot of fruit.

Closed Thread