Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Laurie,
Best wishes for your sisters complete recovery, yikes I'm 47!!

Ellen,
Thanks for the suggestion on the heat compresses. I hear these good ideas when I'm not sick then when I need them I can't remember them. I have one of those rice socks in my desk I need to pull out. I still can't hear out of my left ear today but I feel much better than I did yesterday, dare I hope I'm on the mend? My son in law called last night and needs me to watch the grandkids this afternoon, said my daughter is very sick (who isn't?). I told him I would as long as he knew up front they would be exposed to a cold at the least. He said they'd been exposed to my daughter all day and he thinks she has the flu, body aches, chills, etc. I hope I don't end up with the flu now LOL.

Norma,
Good luck on the job search and the unemployment. I agree on wearing sweats all day, I'm loving it! Today will have to put "real" clothes on to get grandson from the bus stop then his sister at their house to bring them here.

Frugal today, not buying anything other than the weekly newspaper when I leave the house today. I'll get it in front of the Post Office when I stop for the mail so I won't be tempted by anything going into a store.
Jacki
Old 01-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, ladies. It is COLD and snowing here. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches. I guess I can't complain. We've had a relatively mild winter this year. We got a lot of snow in December, but haven't had any in about a month. And we haven't gotten below zero yet this winter. I think we are supposed to hit zero over the next couple of nights.

Lisa, DH's paycheck has been spoken for as well. Oh well, as long as we don't end up in the red again, I feel fortunate.

Norma, good luck with with your unemployment. I hope they rule in your future. It always annoys me that it seems the scammers have figured out the system and have no problem getting money. While the rest of us who pay into the system and want to work can't get the help when we need it. Best wishes in your job search as well. It sounds like you've got some good leads.

Lorimae, I hope your sister is okay. That is very scary!

I have to agree with SanDan'sMom - guifenasin (sp?) is great stuff. I've had pneumonia twice, and now every time I get a cold, it settles in my chest. I start taking Mucinex right away and it really breaks up the congestion well.

Mish, good luck with your class. I hope you really enjoy it!

Oh, well, I better get my butt in gear and get to work. Have a wonderful day, friends.

Kathy
Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Laurimae,Wow how scarey.I really hope your sister will be ok.
Jackie,Hope you feel better soon.Very nice of you to watch the grnadkids too.
Anna,Sounds like you have been very busy.I have to agree those tvs with the commericals on them are very annoying too.
Kathy,I think we are both getting ready to get some snow coming our ways.
Frugal for me?Decided to stay home.I am done with what i need to do for my class.Now i just need some lunch and aslo i might sneak in a nap too.

Mish
Old 01-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lori how very scary,
I will never remember all I have read and attach it to the right person. I'm glad to hear so many others also love the Eagles. We still listen to their other cds
My dd is still here and doing very well. I can't believe she had back surgery last week. It is amazing what they can do & she is working hard at walking around here. With her here I 'm just not spending the time online I usally do.
Musinex is much cheaper at Sam's Club. You can get 60 for $22.95, I have asthma and take it all the time. It is wonderful for cutting the flem.
We also seem to spend it all, no matter what. It always amazes me how I can get some of these medical bills paid when they come up but be just as broke when they arn't there.
I hope all who are ill recover,

Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM

Good afternoon all!!

I went to the unemployment orientation this morning, and stayed for a progam orientation on their training systems.

I then came back to town, dropped off another couple of resumes with my sister to fax out, invited her to have tuna sandwiches with me for lunch, and drove down my street to find my nephew literally jumping over my recycling can on his skateboard. My heart was in my throat. The can was on it's side and he and the skateboard were clearing it, must be 2 1/2' . He stayed for lunch too, and had cocoa krispies.

Guafenisen, I can't remember why, but there is some reason that I take it. But thanks for the suggestions.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hey everyone. Cau, I'm glad your dd is doing well. I hope she has a complete recovery.

Laurie, I hope your dsis will be okay. Thats very scary.

Jacki, hope you get on the mend soon.

I went to walmart today. Bought some groceries and ds some jeans and socks. Of course he doesn't like the jeans but agreed to wear one pair. I will take the other pair back and let him see if he can find some he likes. They had the Peter Pan peanut butter on sale for a 1.00 a jar there. I know some of you had mentioned it. I bought 17 jars. We use a lot of peanut butter. I think I may have embarrassed my dh. I told him I would have loved to bought 50 jars. If I had a big pantry to store them I would have bought more. Dh put 50.00 of gas in the truck and bought dog food so it hasn't been a frugal day at all.

I know what you all mean about no money after payday. Today was dh's payday and after the bills and food we will be lucky to have anything left. I did take an put 50.00 in my savings account from the check. I just hope I don't have to get it back out. For a long time thats all I have done. We just gotta do our best. You can only control so much but it is disturbing to say the least at how fast money is GONE.

Well have a good evening. My son's school already called a two delay because of the weather we are supposed to get.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

coughing, sneezing, eyes watering, not sleeping, nothing frugal... pw
Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean,Way to go on the penut butter.
Cau,Good to know that your dd is feeling better.
Frugal for me?Tonight i need to go to the libary to have some copies of her state for her project she didn;t have enough.So that will be the only money spent.Aslo CCD is cancled here and we are going to stay home.

Mish
Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts.
I talked with her this morning and she said she had a good night and that the DR. had just come in and he said she was doing fine.

I will be heading over to see her pretty soon.

Hope you all with the flu, cold or whatever it is get better real soon.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Nine Year Member

Stopped at Goodwill today and bought 3 skirts (1 was a Sag Habor and had the store tags on it), 3 tops (Liz Clairborne and 1 had the tags on it), 1 sweater, heavy long robe, red bra with tags on it, and dd1 a pair of jeans and cords all for $34.

Stopped and picked up 3 medium pizzas $5 each for dinner. Will freeze the rest for next week.

Roberta

Closed Thread