Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Drive carefully!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Opening windows again today, it is going to be in the 70's again here. Cooling off on Thanksgiving though. Frugal today is eating all meals at home. Not buying anything unless it is for Thanksgiving. Going to start working on Christmas stuff soon. I am going to make some items this year as well as buying some. I'm thinking of also buying key chains and mugs with designs for some people. Also might make things from fleece and felt, like scarves, throw blankets and such. Might even do some beaded necklaces too. I'm getting in the creative mood and I like to craft, so I think that would be fun to do. Also going to bake pies for Thanksgiving, probably tommorrow night.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
God bless.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, depression is rough and as you know it does run in families. I hope that the medicines help your DH to feel better. Good luck to you on the expansion of your business!

Denahowy, we're supposed to get your warm weather tomorrow. Right now it's 47 and raining--tomorrow they are saying 70 and sunny! I'll take it! Everyone is coughing here so I'd like to have a nice dry, breezy day to open up the windows and let in some good, fresh air.

MMM, Norma, those spiced peaches must be delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I will copy it down and I think I will let DD make them. She always wants to learn to cook, and something like that would be gratifying since I'm sure the house must smell fabulous when they are cooking! Wonder if I have any canned peaches in the pantry?

I found a link to this article: Black Friday Secrets Retailers Don't Want You to Know. Some interesting information in there!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone. We are having a sunny warm day here. Its supposed to be even warmer tomorrow and then I think the temps are supposed to drop.

I have had one of those days where it has been hard to get started into any work and I am easily distracted. I have managed to pick up the house a little.

My yds is in the gifted program at school and they are going on a field trip today to different sites in our county. He was happy to get out of classes all day. Ods left a little while ago to go see his gf and then later he is going to see a good friend from high school. Even when he is in a lot of times he's not home but I have learned to take what time I can get and be happy with that.

Frugal is going around and unplugging things, turning the heat off and eating all meals at home today.

Anna, I too hope the medicine helps your dh. He has been thru a lot lately and I am sure its hard on his mind with all the changes he has had to make.

Roberta, even if your dh hasn't quit smoking its still good he has cut down and I hope he will be able to quit completely real soon.

Denahowy, I wish I was crafty like you but I am not at all. I bet people will love your homemade gifts much better than store ones.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Nine Year Member

barbszy, that was an interesting article, I like the idea of using our cell phones and one common list to get the best prices. I wondered if Black Friday extended to online shopping also.

Began running laundry last night and dd1 is continuing it today. The warm weather is wreaking havoc with our coal burner and we are getting another load of coal delivered today. None of these things are frugal but it would cost a lot more if dd1 did hers at school instead of at home and if we heated with electric rather than the coal.

Brought a ton of apples and tangelos to work so that cut out on breakfast and only bought lunch just because I needed a break from sandwiches at 10 am! Bought a chinese two entree meal for $4.50. Passed the upsell on the egg roll and drink. Will just use the water fountain but ohhh how hot the meal is! Flames shooting out, but no milk to be had to cool it down in there.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ellen They call it Cyber Monday & it is the Monday after Thanksgiving. A lot of sites will be offering deals and free shipping. The thought is it is the day everyone returns to work and starts ordering their Christmas presants.
Frugal is staying out of the stores and making due with waht I have. I think I have everything for Thursday but will know for sure when I start cooking tomorrow.
Anna Good luck on the new meds. he has had a lot to contend with lately as you have. I'm praying for you both

Old 11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for me?Today we went to the landfill and got rid of some yard waste from the yard and some computer stuff.My dh was good about taking out the stuff in the computers so no one could get our inforamtion.Had to pay them 10.00 for that.Then we came home to get a coupon for Jiffy Lube so he could have the oil changed.We then were at Target and got a cd for the oldest and spent around 17.00 on that.Then off to Jiffy Lube nad had to wait forever for the oil to be changed.My dh decided to take me out to lunch again and that was nice i now have leftovers in the fride for me.Then we were looking at cellphones.We want to get one for the oldest but can't find one that is cheap to have and doesn't have alot of mintues on it.We have been home for awhile.There is alot of fog here and no sun.So not sure if we will go to the swim practice or not tonight.The kids will be out of school soon and they will be happy to be on break.
Barb,Thanks for the artice very interesting,.
Ellen,Sounds like you are busy with all the laundry.
I hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving.I will still be around.I am just thankful to have all my frugal friends.

Mish
Old 11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this thread! For once, we are going to my sil for Thanksgiving (usually we have everyone here). That will be frugal for me, since I only have to make one dish (I'm making a veggie ring). My dh, dd and I are going out to dinner tonight ("Soup Plantation"), which I have coupons for, so at least it is semi-frugal!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:41 PM

Good Evening everyone

Our wax came in on delivery so went to the candle store and bought a huge amount of oils, empty bottles for rebottling private label, etc. spent alot of money just hope it pays off and quickly.

Frugal passed up the "Oh you can get that second pack of glue sticks free if you sign up for our credit card" at Sears. I just said "NO".

I went to a thrift store called Birthright, found alot of Santas 50 cents to $3.00 each to decorate our store shelfs with and will sell if a customer wants it. Very cheap store, they were selling clothes for $1 a piece. I wasn't looking nor did I have time to sort through maybe another time.

Frugal cooked dinner at home tonight.. dh had steamed cod fish w/ fresh squash, I had leftover hamburgers from last nights dinner.

A tip a friend gave me. Don't buy a steamer. Use your colander over a pan of boiling water, cooks quickly and one less appliance in the kitchen.

Well off to bed... Oh another frugal took my library books back on time. I was talking to another customer in there, it seems lately there aren't any new releases in the Harlequins I read. She said sign up for Harlequins New Book Releases website, it shows all the new books coming out along with a description, then order them from the library.. Wahoo!! What a great idea. She said some authors have like a fan club website and you can get advance notice of their new releases too.

Anna

Closed Thread