Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm going to try those apple muffins too. I like Taste of Home magazines too. Wish my library had it. I wonder if they would subscribe to it if I asked. Around this time of year they have gift subscriptions for $10 each--so if you want to subscribe now is the time! I get the Simple and Delicious version (I think it used to be called Quick Cooking.)

Vicki, your friend is very lucky not to be hurt!

Anna, a camo crockpot? Luke would love it. But as long as it cooks well, who cares what color it is!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Assistant Moderator

I think if you go to www.tasteofhome.com you can get most of thier recipes.

My dd has me hooked on beading. Good thing she has somewhere to sell the jewerly!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We are getting snow. My dh came home from hunting to eat lunch and get ready to go out again. I told him right before he left that the sky looked and the air felt like it would pour the snow. We are only getting a few flurries and the temperatures and wind are cold.

Frugal was fixing leftovers again for lunch. Dh and I finally finished up the soup. I also had leftover broccoli-cheese cornbread. Both of us had a leftover muffin.

Anna, I'm glad you got the electric problem fixed. I hope the bill won't be too high. Do you find you spend more on food since you are buying more healthy stuff? I always think its cheaper to get the stuff not so good for you but you end up paying with your health. Its a shame it costs so much for food these days.

Tomorrow is payday but honestly almost all of it is already promised to bills. I am thankful to have a payday because I know it could be much worse. It would just be nice to have some extra leftover for whatever. We got a bill today that was over a year old from when my dh got his eyes checked and lenses changed. Come to find out the insurance was never billed and now they say they won't pay because its been too long. The eye doctor place said they will not make us pay because they failed to do the billing. I sure hope they keep their word because we already paid our part at the time of service.

I used to get the Taste of Home (Quick cooking) magazine and I loved them. I keep wanting to get them again. They have the best recipes and I go thru mine over and over.

Well keep warm and have a good evening everyone.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everyone!

It was very cold here this morning too, but it will warm up for a few days and then we're suppose to have another front before Thanksgiving.

Jamie: I guess I'm going to try your muffin recipe too! I don't want to be the only one who hasn't -- I am making your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that you posted awhile back, for this weekend. We're going to the inlaws to deer hunt and I thought these would be good to take.

I've done some Christmas shopping, and I would say I'm half way there. I'm scared of those "Black Friday Sales", so I don't know if I'll go this year. Last year we waited in line for a long time and what we wanted was gone by the time we got to it. Hardly seems worth the hassle...

Also, I'm working on my spice cabinet and it's not going very well... I've gotten lots of ideas, just figuring out what's best is the hard part. Stay tuned...

Well, lunch is over, back to work! Have a great, warm, dry and cozy day!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, my goodness, Vicki, I'm so glad she or her kids weren't hurt either. I have heard that those wild boars can be pretty large. Poor thing!
Pam, good job on getting a lot of your Christmas shopping done! I am a little afraid of going out on Black Friday as well. I don't think it is my cup of tea.
Thanks for the tips on the magazine. I'll have to check their site. I was thinking that if the price was reasonable, that it would be a nice gift, too.
Barb, I bet the library would get it if you requested it. It's worth a try. After all, they let people request books to buy, which cost a lot more than a magazine subscription, for sure.
Lisa, that is still a very big deal! How many people can say that they've actually been on television? I am thrilled for you!
Jean, I'm glad you didn't have to pay that bill! That soup sounds yummy! Especially with the cream cheese. Will get the ingredients when I am out shopping tomorrow.
Well, best go and finish up on my ironing. Take care and stay warm, everyone!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jamie, I have a postcard here offering gift subscriptions to Taste of Home Simple and Delicious for $10. On the website all of the magazines are $15. I don't plan to use this offer so if you want me to mail you the postcard so you can use it, just PM me.

I tried Black Friday ONCE. Never again. Last year I sat here in my pajamas and did a bunch of internet shopping on that day. Now THAT's the way to do it. There is a good website I use that lists lots of deals: Want Not

Using up some Italian bread I had in the freezer to make garlic bread to go with our spaghetti dinner. I always freeze leftover Italian bread or rolls for this purpose. I think my family likes garlic bread rather than plain, fresh Italian bread!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Frugal today is eating supper at home. It has been colder here and very windy. Hope everyone is well and has a great day and evening. God bless.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, I'll cross my fingers for you so that electric bill is not too bad. We had major plumbing problems last summer so I know how it can hit you hard. We tend to take that stuff for granted until it breaks. Stay warm on your trip to the store.
Jeanseanette, Do you eat what your dh hunts? I have heard it is a great way to cut your grocery bill. Mine is a city boy his idea of hunting is hunting something up at Menards or Lowe's
Barbszy I gave 2 of mydd that Simple & Delious as part of Christmas. I love the quick and easy recipes. I'm with you as far as staying home on Black Friday. I do most of my shopping on the internet
Vicki I had never heard of a wild boar hitting a car. She must have been scard to death. I have seen what a dear can do to a car. It is really scary
Jamie count me in , I'll be making your muffins for Saturday's breakfast. You are becoming famous here
Pam good job on the shopping
Laying low today, trying to figure a way to get all things paid on time and not charge any Christmas.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Cau, I fix deer meat for my dh and yds who really like it. I don't eat deer meat by I am satisified with whatever vegetables I fix. My dh fixes squirrel meat in the slow cooker for him and ds but I don't eat that either. He justs keeps the breasts from turkeys he kills but honestly I have never been able to fix them to where they weren't tuff and I don't think my dh likes the way I fix those. I am hoping he and my ds can get a deer so that I can stretch the grocery money with it. I swear my dh would eat anything wild. He is something else when it comes to hunting. I laughed about what you said about your dh hunting at the stores. He sounds like me.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

barb will you share that website i think i may do my shopping from home this yr since i wont get dh's check till friday and the bank dont open till 8:30

Closed Thread