Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Liz, good luck on your second interview. Joy, I hope a position with better hours opens for you soon

Ericka, sorry to hear your DS had a car accident. Luckily he is ok....I am going to be in your shoes next year since my Big DS turns 16 in January and in our state you get a license at 17.

I tried that recipe for "cream of whatever soup" today. It worked pretty well, although I thought the consistency was a little thinner. But that would be easy to compensate with a little less liquid. It's definitely easier to store than the 9 cans of soup the recipe makes--takes much less space, and is cheaper too.

I also figured out a substitute for those fried onions that are used in casseroles. You can just use crushed crackers and add extra onion powder or dry minced onion to the casserole itself. If you like the cheese flavored onions, use crushed Goldfish or cheese crackers.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, how neat, Barb. I am definitely going to try that recipe. It would be quite a bit cheaper and handy for all those times I seem to run out of cream of mushroom soup right when I need it. Thanks so much for the link!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I had my post all ready to post and my computer froze up and it went away. If you all see it in the "Garden" section, I apologize.

Barb: Thanks for the link for the soup. I use alot of cream soups.

Jamie: Tell your guys I'm right there with them. I was hoping Dallas would win, too.

Jean: Buying those clothes is what I call "Retail Therapy." Sometimes you just gotta!

We just got in from Boy Scouts and I had to make banana pudding and take peanut butter cookies from the freezer for tomorrow night's faculty dinner at DS's school. I'm pooped.

I noticed as I was taking off my jewelry that my earrings don't match. They are two different sizes, but not by a lot -- anyone could make the same mistake, but they are TWO DIFFERENT COLORS! One pink and one clear! I've got to slow down a little...

Norma: I hope you had a better day today.

On that note, tomorrow is Boss's Day. For all the boss's out there: "Be nice to your employees! They are your most valuable asset."

I've got to go to bed now , I'm starting to ramble. Sleep tight everyone!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
I'm starting on my Christmas candles and am a bit stumped. I want to do some double layer candles like Sugar Cookies & Hot Chocolate. I have Egg Nog but don't know what to put with it as dh and I have never had it nor does anyone in any of our families drink it. What goes with Egg Nog? besides I think it's Rum? I also have one called Creme Brulee and again I can't think of what to put with it?

Thanks Ladies, the advice given for the teenager soaps went very well, she almost sold out before she could get them to the show.

Anna
Someone else already said something about Egg Nog, so I googled creme brulee. These are the different flavors I found:

ginger, white chocolate-raspberry, coffee brandy, martini, roast apple, raspberry, almond chocolate, pumpkin

Don't know if any of that helps, but it all sounds yummy to me!

Vicki
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 AM

Good morning all!!

Pam, I had flashbacks, even to just this weekend about the earrings. I only have a few pair, and they are all studs, and all real stones, or pearls, and one pair of gold studs. I picked up a ruby and an emerald stud and had them both n before I noticed as I was doing my hair and saw them in the mirror. Now, if it were Christmas time, I could get away with that, but...I went and changed. (I have very small ear lobes and nothing but smaller studs really look good in my ears. I am not a "little gold dolphin" type person either. See, I thought that was just my brain problem kicking up again. Maybe not, who knows.

Yesterday was ok, but my boss that I e-mailed, didn't say anything to me abou the e-mail, not even that he got it. And I was there an additional 10 minutes (I know it doesn't sound like much), because he didn't sign certain letters that he wanted out, until 4:55, and then told me he wanted them out. That means photocopying, and folding - and all of them were regular and certified mail. I hate ripping off the back of the green cards to attach them to the envies.

Other than that, not much happening. I took lunch to work, and did not have either the heat nor the ac on. They are saying it will heat up a little over the next few days, so maybe I will need the ac one more time before we remove the unit for the season.

Liz and Joy, I am including your work situations in my prayers. No one who wants to work in this country should be without a job.

Well ladies, better go for now. Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-16-2007, 04:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma--
I hope today goes well for you at work. You don't deserve to be treated so poorly. It always amazes me when employees are treated so insensitively--it's as if those handing out the poor treatment forget they are dealing with fellow human beings. Sounds like you handled things gracefully though.

Ericka--
Sorry to hear about your son's accident. Scary stuff, isn't it? At least no one was hurt.

Frugal here was convincing my co-workers to have a potluck for bosses day. The original idea was to order food to be delivered, but at $7 each, I thought that was a bit pricey. So we are all bringing food instead. I went with cookies--I had the ingredients on hand at home already, so that worked out well fo rme.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, ladies! We're having ANOTHER cloudy, rainy day here. I think this is day 5 or 6 of this weather. What I wouldn't give to see a little bit of sunshine! It looks like I may have to wait until Friday for that.

Today I will be updating my pantry and freezer inventory and making up a meal plan. I need to go grocery shopping tonight. I clipped coupons last night and gathered up the grocery ads for ad matching at WM.

Lisa - congrats to you and your DD on getting parts in the play. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Lizzie - how did the second interview go? I have my fingers crossed for you.

Joy - sorry you're having such a difficult time finding a job. The perfect job is out there somewhere. I wish you luck finding it.

Ericka - I am in the exact same boat as you. DD1 got her license in August. It is getting a little bit easier as time goes by. But I can't relax until she returns home safely every time she goes out.

Chris - good for you suggesting a potluck instead of ordering out. Not only because it's cheaper, but it's always nicer sharing food with friends that you've made yourself.

jeandeanette - sometimes a little retail therapy is needed. You work so hard everyday taking care of your family, you deserve to treat yourself once in a while!

Well, I've been pretty lazy the last couple of days. So I'm determined to have a productive day today. I'm going to go get a few things done before I go to work.

I hope you all have a great day!

Kathy

Old 10-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Assistant Moderator

Tonight is my fung shui (sp) class! I am so excited as is dd.
Today will be housework, some laundry, school, little crochet and sewing.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:31 AM

Vicki & Jamie

Thanks so much for those tips on the match for Creme Brule, I have never had it either so didn't know what should go with it. I have several different Brown Sugars, I have a chocolate that could be renamed white chocolate and I do have Sun Ripened Raspberry so I could mix those two together and call it White Chocolate Raspberry . I know there are so many cooks on here that I could count on you all with the food scents .

Cook4Fun

Good job having the cookies already made in the freezer for the Boy Scout meeting instead of having to rush out and buy something.

Erica

Sorry too to hear about your ds accident, I'm sure he felt badly about it I know I would've.

Anna
Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ericka, me too, sorry about your son's accident. I have a 15 yr old dd with a learners permit, scares the crap out of me. She's not the driver her brother was. I don't remember being scared poop-less when I was in the car with him. She scares me!

Not so frugal last night, got pizza's but it was an awful day at work and I thought, screw it! The b/f replaced the starter on my mom's car last night, only asked for money for the part, $148! I saw the receipt! Mom tried to pay him for his time and he refused, said he doesn't charge family. Awww!

Only working 1/2 day today, have to take dd for an ultrasound. Plan on making supper from whatever is in the house and cleaning the dang house when I get home. Also promised youngest dds we'd get their Halloween costumes, there goes frugal! I'll make up for it by not spending any more $$ this week, I hope.

Must get back to work. Oh and Norma, we're still going thru issues here at work. I'm with you on what you're going thru, right there with you.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Closed Thread