Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone. Ellen, Thanks for the advice about the buttermilk. I need to be better about making sure to either use or freeze things.

I have been home since Thursday. Just doing a few things in the house and a lot of cooking. I played a game of Sorry with yds awhile ago. Of course he beat me.

Anna, it sounds like your dh is being taken good care of. I hope he can get all better and back home quickly.

Joy, have you been watching the world series? I remember you saying you liked to watch baseball. I tried to watch the game last night but ended up going to bed before the 8th inning because I couldn't stay awake.

Lisa, hope your headache leaves soon. I have a lot of trouble with headaches and I hate them.

Pam, an oversized remote sounds like a great gift for a guy. I laugh at my dh because he will fall asleep in his recliner but still be holding the remote.

I still haven't bought my candy for Halloween. I knew I would eat it so I am going to have to break down and get some maybe tomorrow. We most likely won't have anyone but just as sure as I don't have any candy someone will stop by.

Well take care and have a great Sunday. Its sunny and a little on the cold side here. I like fall days so much.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 AM

How I check to see if milk is still usable is boil some water and and pour in some milk, if it curdles dump it out. If it doesn't its still usable. Do the smell test too. If it smells off dump it.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Norma and leasmom: I got tired reading your posts -- I think I should go back to bed and rest for the two of you...

Jean: My DHs remote is his very favorite thing in the world. Now, I don't have to listen to, "Where's the remote?" all the time. If the couch eats this one, it's big enough to spit it out.

DH and DS2 went to the range to do some practice to get ready for deer season. I piddled around with some laundry and kitchen duty while they were gone. Then, we all went to WM and deposited about $75 with them before I could leave.

Well, off to do some sheets. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon, ladies. Boy, you make me sound like a slacker. So far today I made my bed, went to church, cleaned up lunch and ironed DD2's confirmation robe. DH and I are going out in a bit to look at 3 open houses. I am a little leary to do this because I am not ready to move yet. I don't want to move until the spring. We basically want to educate ourselves about what we can afford and what we can sells ours for when the time comes. One of the houses we're going to look at today looks perfect for us, and the price is right. I'm hoping there's something seriously wrong with it - LOL!

DD2 has confirmation practice this evening, pictures with our pastor, and then all of the families will have a barbecue dinner together. It should be a nice evening. At least I won't have to cook and clean up.

Anna - I'm glad that David is doing a little better. I hope he continues to improve and that he'll be able to come home soon.

Have a relaxing afternoon.

Kathy
Old 10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kathy,Have fun looking at houses.
Jean,You sound like you are staying pretty busy.
Frugal for me today?I got the floors all mopped up.Dh and i cleaned out the gargae and i know someone who is having a baby so i gave her the gates and the stroller.I told her if she didn't want them to toss them out.Not sure if she will use them and i really don't care.Now all i have left is to make supper and fold clothes.Well i should go.

Mish
Old 10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Coll, Thanks for the tip on the milk.

I decided that since it was 10 days past I would toss it. It didn't smell bad, I guess I'm just chicken! Or in this case a turkey since we don't have a smiley chicken!

Well dinner is from the freezer: fish sticks, frys, corn on the cob and green salad. I haven't decided on anything for a dessert yet.

Also put ox tails in the soup pot for tomorrow.

Also been busy cutting coupons.
Everyone have a good eveing.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 AM

Good mornign all!!

Anna, I hope you and David were able to rest comfortably throughout the night, and will be prepared for the testing today.

Well, bf stopped by for dinner, still on duty. It was his Sunday to work, and then they tagged him for a double. But before I could plate his meal, there was a call of shots fired in the now township over, so off he went. I heard a little bit of the banter before he left. The other township was refusing to let the first guy go onto the property until he had at least 2 others for back-up. It was after dark, so that is a really good safety procedure. Bf never made it back for dinner, I went to sleep. While I worry about him, I know that he always wears his vest, he is rated "marksman" and has sharpshooter training. He is not about to make a stupid mistake, too many years of doing it the right way. So, if something were to happen to him, I know God had His hand in it, not the man. And I know it will be over soon. I understand the city will make him retire in January. He will keep all his teaching jobs (police training, and American Heart Association training), but no more EHC police sgt.

Well ladies, better go for now. Once I start on an afghan, nothing much tears me away for too long. That is one of the reasons I make sure the house is really clean before I start one.

Take care al!! Norma
Old 10-29-2007, 01:52 AM

Sorr for the back-to-backs...

but Laurie, I love oxtail soup. I haven't made any in years. Would be nice with our newly "cool" temps.

It is only 36* right now, pretty cool after all the warm temps we have had.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 10-29-2007, 03:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning ladies. It is so cold here this morning. The tv says its 26. We have got our first frost. Joy, I guess my morning glories will be gone too. I turned the heat on for the first time because I wanted yds to have a warm house to get ready for school in. I dread the electric bills because we have electric heat but you can only do so much about things. I did close the vent and door off to ods room since he is at college. Maybe that will help a little. I stayed up very late watching the world series. I'm sure I will feel the effects of that later on today.

I need to go buy some Halloween treats today. Also, ds has a pt appointment.

So far I have fed yds and got him on the bus, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I have lots that needs to be done today.

I hope each of you have a good day. I'll check in later.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, Anna, although glad to hear that your DH is feeling better. Be prepared for the heart shocking. Not sure if it was an unusual case, but, just about everytime my Dad had that done, he came home from the hospital feeling worse than when he went in. They finally broke down, and gave him a defib.

Not much frugal going on here today. Mostly just trying to get organized again. After being distracted for a year, I think I am finally ready to get the house back to some type of normal. Which in return will hopefully lead to more frugalness.

You know I saw that big remote also, and DD and I made fun of it. here it turns out DH saw one at someones house, and now he wants one. I am now also thinking Christmas gift, they are on sale at Kmart for 9.99.

The kids will carve their pumpkins tonight hopefully. I will save the seeds and bake them.

Well, everyone have a wonderful Monday!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!

Closed Thread