Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Liz, I hope your first day of work goes good for you. Congrats again on getting the job.

Mish, I hope everything works out for your dd's birthday party.

Frugal today was eating all meals at home, using free samples of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant and a free razor.

After yds doctor's appointment I went to save-a-lot and walmart. Didn't think I got much for the money at walmart. When you buy 2 gallons of milk and two different containers of coffee and a few other items it adds up quickly.

Hope you have a good evening ladies.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma, I am so happy you were able to get done what you did for that poor woman. And to have the obnoxious boss help as well, that's wonderful! I hope that the system does bury the guy, no one, NO ONE, deserves that type of treatment, and by someone they love and trust!!! My marriage was abusive but not quite to that extent, close a few times but never that.

The job situation, okay. I'm still going to look elsewhere but not leaving till I find something. I am finished, done, spent. I have no desire to be there and that's when I know it's time to move on. I've put feelers out, we'll see what I come up with.

Frugal tonight, made supper at home from just this and that. The boyfriend walked in the door and stated, what smells so good? It was sloppy joes, angel hair pasta, peas and some stir fry. I also baked a ham slice just in case someone would rather have had that. He left to go repair a car and I took the 11 yr dd to get her Halloween costume, $13.00 rounded of but she loves it. All costumes are bought. I do have to get pumpkins tomorrow sometime so my girls and the b/f son and daughter can have pumpkin carving fest on Sat.

I'm off to help the 8 yr dd with homework. Will check in soon.

Norma, I'll keep your co worker in my prayers. Poor woman to lose her baby. I hope they do get homicide for that horse's a**.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Assistant Moderator

Norma, that poor woman. I thank the Lord that you and your boss are looking after her.

Happy Birthday Pam!

Mish I hope all works out with the birthday party. My son had parties like that. I felt terrible.

Tomorrow is court for ds. I am not looking forward to it. I dread seeing ds in handcuffs. I know he will go to jail and it is his own fault. But it will be hard to watch. I swear if dil throws a fit, we are walking out of the courthouse and leaving her there. I will not be a part of that.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Birthday, Pam! I hope you had an awesome day.

Norma, I feel so terrible about your co-worker. I hope they throw the book at her husband. You are a wonderful person to do all that you did for her. I will keep her in my prayers.

Mish, I'm sorry that things aren't working out like you planned for your dd's birthday party. But I think it'll all turn alright in the long run.

Lisa, best of luck in finding a new job. You need to work somewhere where you're really appreciated. You are a wonderful person and deserve the best.

I worked extra-hard at being frugal today. Got the freezer completely organized and now know exactly what's in there. I did the same for the pantry. I have all of my meals planned out including using ALL of the leftovers.

Tonight I'm planning on going into my craft room and inventorying what's in there. Christmas presents are going to be mostly homemade this year. I bet I have enough supplies in there for about half of the people on my list!

Lizzie, all the best to you on your first day back to work tomorrow!

Kathy
Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Nine Year Member

Found something I been looking for at goodwill today a Ravioli mold. Now that I have the pasta dough maker it will be easier. Found some pretty good recipes to try out. I only paid $1.99 for it sells for $25.00 on line.
_______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member

Sueanne, maybe I can do the same and find some kitchen appliances I have been wanting toaster oven, blender stick, tortilla press, etc!

Czechlady - I sure hope your job search turns up the right job, seems like a bunch of us here have found good employment lately and I hope it goes well for you too.

Oh my goodness norma, all that, I sure hope that mean man never sees daylight again! I don't mean it literally, what I really hope for is a change of heart and spirit so he will never hurt anyone or want to again. That is so awful what he did and my heart goes out to the secretary for losing her baby!

Frugal was making a menu and shopping according to the list. Had a homecooked dinner tonight and we might actually cook the chicken in the bottom of the fridge that has been defrosting for tomorrow night

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 10-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, be strong. I'll have you in my prayers tomorrow. Hugs...

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Exhausted working the two jobs now...haven't been too frugal lately, been getting fast food alot lately. I haven't had much time to even think about cooking ahead or anything...got to get used to this.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

norma, so sorry for your coworker.

ill keep everyone in my prayers, seems like everyone can use just a little bit more..

we found out our dd is pregnant again. shes going to be 21 in dec, and this will be her 4th child, the 2nd one passed away at 3 days old. she finds out what it will be on the 1st of november. we worry, but hope for the best.

other than that..the best frugal thing i did was find disney cereal at walmart for $1 each box, then had 1 off 2 boxes..so got about 40 boxes for 20.00. that was a good deal. started my 6th class for my degree tonight. it is all algebra. i cant do it..its very embarrasing to have to ask my 16yo for help on my homework. but he did try to help me. so thats good.

not much else going on...downloading some music for my ipod. i love to listen to it as im going to sleep at night..hope you all have a better day tommorw.

goodnight
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma, how awful for your coworker! I will keep her in prayers for healing and consolation. I'm glad you and your other coworkers were able to do something for her. I too hope they lock that guy up and throw away the key!

Connie, I will be thinking of you today. Hope it all goes OK.

Today I will be trying to look for an inexpensive source for a doctor's "scrub" shirt for Big DS's Halloween costume. At least this is something he can wear with pajamas after Halloween--I hate spending on one-use items. It's not so bad if I can repurpose it later.

Closed Thread