FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What Did You Do Frugal Today (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/)
-   -   What did you do frugal today? - 21 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/21577-what-did-you-do-frugal-today-21-a.html)

AnnaInOhio 10-15-2007 05:59 AM

Barb

Somehow that doesn't surprise me about Haband, any of those places that have low prices probably don't pay their employees well or treat them well. Unfortunately with dh's size, if I buy local his jeans are on sale $48.00 a pair anything plus size tack on double the cost. We are hoping income tax time to get him back in the weight loss clinic again, it will cost us out of pocket several thousand dollars. I have saved his jeans this time for when he looses the weight. It's the only thing that works for him, this will be the third time.

Anna

RobertaD 10-15-2007 06:28 AM

Anna, I think some time back you had mentioned that your husband was trying the Alli weight loss pill? Did that not help him loose any weight? I know for me working out at Curves 3 times a week plus other physical work and watching what I was eating wasn't enough for the weight to drop. I started taking Stacker II and have lost 22 lbs.

Picked up 2 cans of tobacco for DH's home rolled cigs while next door at Curves this morning. Price jumped $.30 a can since I bought a couple weeks ago.

Roberta

AnnaInOhio 10-15-2007 06:47 AM

RobertaD

The Alli (sp?) worked at first but then I think dh figured he was loosing weight so he could eat what he wanted at lunch and it came right back. He has been in a weird frame of mind the past few months not weighing himself at work or accounting for his weight at all... drives me completely crazy!! I have to admit to being very angry with his lackadazical attitude about loosing the weight, Mondays are always depressing after he's sat around all weekend and his jeans are tight. I tried all weekend to get him up and moving and it was always "maybe later" then his car races were on and his football was on. The weight loss clinic which is one and one with a dietician where he has to be held accountable and weighed every week is the only thing that's ever worked.

Anna

czechlady 10-15-2007 07:19 AM

Hi
Just a quick stop in, took a shower, stripped my bed and remade it with clean linens. Now have the other sheets in the washer with cold water .
Last evening made a layered salad for my dinner today. Didn't have any sunflower seeds which is what I like for the added crunch in the salad.
Good luck Liz on your interview. Job hunting is really for the pits.:gaah:

Have a great day
Joy

AnnaInOhio 10-15-2007 07:42 AM

Liz

Yes, good luck with the job.. hope you hear something soon.

Joy

That's what I'm in the process of doing is stripping the bed. Took the top cover blanket and the couch cover and washed them, they are now on the line outside drying. Getting ready to strip the sheet and pillowcases and wash those. The lawn mower isn't working, it looks like it's out of oil so dh is going to try to walk me through putting the correct oil in the mower as he's never allowed me to do it before and check the spark plug. He's like astounded on the phone this am, you don't know how to do this and that? Well.. if he'd showed me then yes, I'd know how:loco: .

Just got through having a cheese sandwich for my lunch and will probably have a banana after bit, not really hungry but with the diabetes I have to eat something.

Anna

leasmom 10-15-2007 08:36 AM

Its been two weeks since I was able to be online. I have a virus protector on my computer but a virus snuck in anyway and wiped me out.

I've been busy at the restaurant but I will be going back to work at Hot Foods too, so I'll be working 7 days a week.

I've been using coupons quite a bit lately for everything, its saved me a ton of money. I also bought a new deep freezer last week, I got it just in time for the winter.

Today I went to buy my nephew a gift for his upcoming birthday and got it for $8.99, a spiderman toy. I got more spiderman stuff at the dollar store. I also bought supplies for a nice I have to make for the restaurant. I have to go later and get them laminated. I spent $40 on school books for Lea. I love her montessori school but I want to make sure she is at or above grade level for next year so I went to the teachers store and bought a math book, a science book, and a history book and workbook.

I have to go to the foot doctor today, I have heel spurs and so they shot me in my heels. I have to go back today for the same thing. It feels though like I broke my pinky toe though. Its been swollen for the last two days and theres sharp pain. I'm not sure if thats true but I definately will ask him about it.

Well, I'm glad to be back online! Have a great day everyone!

AnnaInOhio 10-15-2007 08:59 AM

Lawn Mower 101 Tech Support

Well dh was able to walk me through fixing the lawn mower. He told me over the phone how to get the correct oil out of the shed 10W30, how much to put in the lawn mower, how to check the spark plug to see if it was on tight, Safety 101: he told me to unplug the spark plug before turning the lawn mower on its side so that it doesn't accidently turn on by itself, he said moving the rotors is the same thing as pulling the string: so after unplugging it, turning it over and cleaning out all the dried grass, plugging the spark plug back in, it still wouldn't work. I mentioned that the string didn't appear to be coming out enough and lo and behold, theres a little silver ring on the string that had slipped down and that's what was stopping it from starting:sillll: ! So yay! I now don't have to go out and buy a new lawn mower at the end of the season if you could even find one now.

Anna

jjoj 10-15-2007 09:05 AM

Good afternoon!
Liz, wishing you all the best on your interview! Joy, I am thinking of you, too, and hope something just right will come up for you soon.
Pam, we watched the game yesterday, too. Dh and ds are Cowboy fanatics, so any talk about the game is off limits at our house for the entire week. Very, very touchy today. lol
Frugal yesterday was watching the game at oldest ds's apt. He made breaded pork chops, cheese mashed potatoes, and a spice cake. I was tickled and very proud of him for doing a good job on the meal. Even though his cake broke into pieces and he glued it back together with frosting. It still tasted very good.
Frugal for today is having leftovers for lunch and having the rest of the baked beans and smokies for tonight's dinner. Also, making apple crisp for dessert. I am fixing lasagna ahead for tomorrow. Mainly, just eating what's available and doing our shopping on Friday. Other than that, we haven't been using the air or the heat, so hopefully we can bring that electric bill down this month.
Take care friends, and have a very nice Monday!

czechlady 10-15-2007 09:27 AM

Got a call this a.m. for an interview at a Senior retirement apt building. It would be approx 20 hours per week, the down side is it's for the grave yard shift...yuky..but will still go in for the interview. See what it all entails and if there would be a possibility for a swing shift /day shift opening down the road.. I am not much good to man or beast working graveyd.

So will see how that goes, also will drop off another app at a thrift shop .

Joy

Way to go Anna on the mower repair.

bluebird 10-15-2007 09:42 AM

Vicki, I agree, that is crazy! Donate means donate.

I should be making lunch but our kitty is having poopy problems again. I went to the vet once this morning, he gave me meds for the kittens. I have to take a fecal sample in. I have been collecting kitty poop. We aren't hungry right now. lol

I started sewing up a blouse last night. I am impressed with myself. I have never sewn this type of fabric before and am doing great.

I have started my WM list for this week. I will start my menu plan today too. Might have to take dd back to her doctor this week. That is always $$$ spent. If she needs it , she needs it.