FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What Did You Do Frugal Today (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/)
-   -   What did you do frugal today? - 21 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/21577-what-did-you-do-frugal-today-21-a.html)

AnnaInOhio 12-19-2007 05:10 AM

So far frugal has been staying home this morning, we have to go to the doctor here in a little bit.

I had to remake one of my candles for a order.. Apples n Cream, it turned out dark burgandy instead of red so got that done this morning, made up the matching lotions for one of the orders and we're done. I have one lingering order but she wants stuff I already have made up so all I have to do is toss it out the door.

It's in the 40's here today so the furnace is getting a bit of a break.

Take care everyone.

Anna

LaurieS 12-19-2007 05:23 AM

Wow we are on page 99.
When do we start the new thread?:coolsnow:

Mish 12-19-2007 05:31 AM

Anna,Hope all goes well at the docotors office.If you stuff is doing so good at the mall i think you might have to make a few more trips before the year is over.
BudyBeannieBaby,Way to go on 3 months free!!
Vjumpstart,So sorry that you are missing your issues of Taste of Home.I was getting it as a gift but it stopped coming.

Frugal for me?Well my middle dd is ok to go to school.I now have to take the truck in for an oil change.Then i have some other running around to do.I got mad at dh since he just decided to have this done at last mintue,.I will be pretty busy today as i also need to find some time to make up the enchiladas up for school.At least we had a 2 hour dealy this am.I will be back on later on.

Hugs,
Mish :)

Mish 12-19-2007 05:31 AM

Soon very soon Lorimae maybe after this page?? Hehehe!!!

Mish :)

bluebird 12-19-2007 05:46 AM

Going to the city with the family yesterday was a joke. The kids were tired and crabby, dd was having a flare of course. Dh was just crabby. I wanted to smack all three of them.

Dd is on predniose a low dose. I don't like it but I also feel we have no other choice. I also think we will be seeing the doctor more often this winter, like every 4 to 6 weeks. We may need to move to a warmer climate.

Frugal for ME was buying the huge coffee mugs, like coffee houses have, at shopko for 50% off! They match my snowmand dishes! Yeah!

I need to go back into town since I didn't get all the shopping done. Think I will do that tomorrow.

Lislyn66 12-19-2007 05:57 AM

Connie, am so sorry your day turned out that way yesterday. I have that off and on with the kids. I've said it so many times I feel I should put it on a recording and play it for them..."I would like to have one Saturday where we can go somewhere without someone picking on someone else!" Yep, like a broken record. I work thru the week and look forward to the weekend with them and then they act up. I know, they're just being kids but sheesh! I hope you get your shopping done peacefully today.

I spent more $$ at the Dollar General yesterday but didn't get frivolous things, had to get a b'day gift for my niece, she's 2. Got her a little toy mixer that she fell in love with when she opened it. She's always trying to get up close to the cabinet when her mom cooks. She looks so much like my kids when they were little I could take her with me and people would think she was one of mine! I'll have to post a pic of her eating her birthday cake, she went to town!

Tonight will finally get to WalMart to finish shopping, hopefully finish shopping. We've been invited to my cousin's house for Christmas day so apparently I won't be cooking! I may still make a ham, just to have in the house.

Well, back to work for me. Have a great morning everyone!

Lisa :winter:

AnnaInOhio 12-19-2007 05:57 AM

Bluebird

Sorry the trip to town was a bummer for you yesterday... I remember the trips well when I was a kid, 3 kids in the back seat why we couldn't get along? I guess we were just bored and my little brother was a brat!

Yes, this chapter of the thread will be shutting down shortly, we usually go 100 pages then start a new one. We've been quite the chatty Kathys' on here this year but Oh all the things we've learned.

Anna:twinkle: :ginger:

RobertaD 12-19-2007 08:20 AM

I stopped at CVS today while I was out making deliveries. They were having a B1G1F sale on Nature Made vitamin and I had a rebate from the paper last week good for $15.99 as well as 2 $1 off coupons. So I will end up being paid $1.59 to take home 60 NM Essentials pills once the rebate check comes in. And received a 10 ct Tylenol bottle free that I will keep in my purse. I also picked up 4) 12 oz boxes of chocolates (Russel Stover $8, Whitmans $9) for $2.97 each after sale & coupons. They came wrapped so will be good for a quick gift if needed. And picked up 5 12pks of Pepsi products for $11 to have on hand for guests.

I have been slicing potatoes as thin as I can and deep frying them instead of paying for potatoes chips. I can get a 10 lb bag of potatoes for the same price as 1 bag of chips.

Roberta

Lislyn66 12-19-2007 08:33 AM

Roberta, you did great today at CVS!!! Wow!!! And I never thought about the potato thing. Although, my kids don't do chips much, believe it or not. But I may give it a try, they might like that, especially if they can season them themselves.

Went to the chiro for my usual session, he doesn't know why the AC joint keeps popping out of place. We know it's torn but it shouldn't dislocate like it does, and it dislocates in 2 spots on my collarbone, one that's not that unusual and one spot that is really difficult to dislocate usually. I told him when I walked in it was out of place again, I had shooting pains in my shoulder. And I swear, I do not use that arm for anything heavy. Not sure where to go from here, he says he'll have a plan when I get back Friday.

Back to work for me. Hugs everyone!

Lisa :cmaskiss:

barbszy 12-19-2007 09:52 AM

Here's the link to the new thread.