Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:26 AM

Goo morning all!!

Jeandeanette - well aren't you the one. I am so happy for you. Hope you enjoy the mixer as much as I enjoy mine. It really makes the baking so much easier, and quicker.

Vjumpstart - good for you. I know it is difficult when you have children to just get away. My bf was always very patient with me having my nephew along all the time.

Ellen, that wool sounds like a good buy. Glad that you found a product line that is right for your needs. My crocheting will basically be put on hold until after Christmas - not enough room and not enough time. I need to wrap the gifts. I put 4 little candles in bags last night and will take them to the secretaries for the attorney who got me the w/c settlement.

I know from experience that the secretaries do the work, and everyone gives the gifts to the attorney. Not fair, and I want them to know I appreciate their hard work too. I called my one co-worker and told her that I will be late this morning, so they won't worry.

And these candles were ones left over from the year before last when BBW had that coupon (in a magazine) for the free candle with any purchase, so I purchaed the gift bag for each one. So for the price of the magazine. and $1.00 for the bag, I got those candles which were $10 each at the time.

Jamie and Pam, the biggest rivalry in the whole of football I think, is the Cowboys-Eagles. I am a Jaguars fan, but most of the time I watch the Eagles (regional thing). So I was rooting for the Eagles and am quite happy with the win. Sorry for your loss.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Morning!

I have training all day today, downtown, so I don't have to go to the office -- yea!!!

Jean: I'm so excited about your mixer! I don't have one, but I sure would like one.

Norma: Congrats on your football win. I have always like the Eagles, but when they play the Cowboys, I gotta root for the boys.

Frugal today: Probably nothing. Since I have a training class, the other girls will all probably want to get lunch out and then we have Boy Scouts tonight, so that's always a drive. We will eat leftovers from the roast chicken I made last night.

Well, better get going. Have a great day!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!
Congrats, Norma! The Eagles played really well yesterday. Although it is a little quiet around here. lol That is a very thoughtful gift for the secretaries.
Ellen, the yarn sounds very pretty. That is a great deal, too. At the yarn store, the merino wool is around 20.00 a skein.
Meg, I hope things work out well with the dryer and it turns out to be just a minor thing.
Ooh, Jean, how nice!
Pam, have fun today being out of the office!
Connie, the jerky sounds yummy!
Frugal for here is keeping the heat on low and just wearing an extra layer around the house. Dh is getting off early today and we are going out for our anniversary. He won't tell me anything. I've just been spending the morning doing a little cleaning around the house and straightening. Take care friends, and stay warm today!

Last edited by jjoj; 12-17-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Anniversary Jamie!!!

Jean, I would LOVE a Kitchenaide mixer!!! Congrats to you!

It's cold, 26 F and I'm here at work with the heater running at my feet. I hate winter and technically it's not even winter yet!

Hope you all have a great day. Will check in later.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

jjoj Happy Anniversary to you and your dh have a wonderful time

Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

jjo,Happy Anniversary to you and your dh!!
Jean,You will love your mixer.I have one that i got from my mil and i just love it,think of all the goodies you can make.
Meg,Hope you can get your dryer fixed.
Ellen,Sounds like you shop around for your wool way to go.
Pam ,Have fun with the training class.
Connie,Beef jerky sounds very yummy,.
Frugal for me?Last night i started up some more laundry and have that all caught up and i have the sheets in the dryer too.My girls have a 2 hour delay due to the fog.Wouldn't you know it i have some running around that i think i will do this moring after the youngest is at school.I will be back on later on.

Mish
Old 12-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Assistant Moderator

Staying home today and making my town shopping list. I don't know if I will go in tonight or wait until tomorrow. We need to start making candy. The kids want to make a gingerbread house too. My 'poor' dh, never gets his chocolate covered cherries AFTER they age. He doesn't care at all.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for me?I went to JcPennys and i got 2 pairs of earrings for the older 2 girls.They were only 2.75 for them and that wasn't so bad.Then i went to walmart and spent around 12.00 for the few things i needed,got the gift for a girl and it is a poster to color on.Went to Target for the stuff for the hair and spent close to 30.00 for that.The rest of the day i have been home.Just got a phone call from the nurse and my middle dd had a headache and a low grade temp.I am just hoping that she can come home and rest.

Mish
Old 12-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Lislynn,
The eay way to make pb cookies is to buy a roll of Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough, put it into a mixing bowl, stir in 1 cup pb and mix well. Then bake cookies.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Now that is an easy way to make cookies.I have always made them from scrath but it is nice to have somehting easy and convient to pop in the oven too.My middle dd has a temp now.Poor thing she is still fighting her headache.

Mish

Closed Thread