Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi

Sounds like everyone was busy baking and preparing for Christmas. I made up a large Christmas bag of goodies, took it to my odd house, just down the street. Had made a coconut pie, 2 huge pieces of choc cake with cream cheese icing , peanut butter/coconut cookies, added a can of apple juice, bag of beef jerky, a small pumpkin bread.

This yr will be giving baked goodies for my gifts, just can't find the $ for gifts. But for those who work, it seems to make them happy to have the baked goodies.

Did up 2 loads of laundry in cold water, dried and folded /put away the clothes. So have that done for a few days again.

My odd is having a pre Christmas dinner on thursday, her son will be leaving on the 22nd for his grandmothers in Texas. They both need a break from each other.

Off to work tomorrow. Hope you all have a great week, keep warm.
Joy
Old 12-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Laurie: I have a pan that holds 8 small baby loaves and I bake them at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes. You just have to kind of watch, as every oven seems different.

Well Dallas lost the game, so I guess I'll go clean up dinner now and replay what went wrong...

Lisa: Those cookies sounds good. I made some Russian Tea Cakes last weekend before the storm hit and I liked them, but my family thought they were dry and needed a lot of milk. They seem to think everything needs to be running in the middle or it's not good.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks for the info Pam.
I thought I had the loaf pan but I have a mini bundt I think it has 8 spots also. So I will try that.

We had left overs again. Dh made chili dogs and I was wanting chinese food so found some pot stickers in the freezer and cooked them up. But I think I still need something, hmmm.

Joy can you add me to your list. I'm always the baker, everybody wants me to bake!
Old 12-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well you all have been sure baking up a storm today. I have just fixed regular meals. Any baking I do gets eaten right then and there. I can't keep anything around here for long.

We are getting snow and school is on a 2 hour delay. My yds is so hoping they end up calling it off.

My dh ended up giving me my Christmas gift today. We got the cc bill yesterday and he wouldn't let me look at because my gift was on there so he decided to give it to me early. It was a Kitchen Aid mixer. I had been wanting one for a long time but I knew we really couldn't afford it. I plan on trying it out tomorrow if nothing happens. He did get it on sale and also got a 25.00 gift card with it.

All of your alls cakes, pies, cookies, breads and candies sounds so good.

Well everyone have a good night.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OOO, Jeanette, enjoy your mixer! You can bake, bake, bake with one of those things!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Barb, I have to admit I am excited about trying it out.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Assistant Moderator

Jeandeanette, you will love your mixer!

I finished my dad's afghan tonight! One gift done. I tidied up a little. Dh's jerky turned out very very good. Garlic and herb. The apple cobbler is too good. I ate way too much.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lorie Mae: if you have some cans from veggies or ? you can tear the labels off them, wash them up and oil and pour your batter in them and bake @ 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. I made all the pumpkin breads in the above cans. Turned out so nice.

Jeandeanette: you lucky gal getting a mixer . Keep us posted as to what all you will be baking using it.

Goodnight all
Joy
Old 12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Frugal for me was not having to pay 30 Euros for dh & I for dinner Sat. We did have to pay the sitter, but it was nice to go out - just the 2 of us. It was the first time in almost a year.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Took lunch ~ homemade sausage rolls and also nice coffee from home. Kids are on holidays so they had lunch from home too. No $$ spent today at all as far as I know. Frugal
Dryer is playing up so might need fixing. We don't use it much, but occasionally need it. Hopefully dh can work it out.

Closed Thread