Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Norma

That's great about the orders for the baby blankets.

Frugal today? My cloth flip flop tops were hanging on by a thread, dh suggested using the heavy duty staple gun to fix it, 3 staples and shoe is good as new.

David came through the surgery good and is now home. We had a bad time of it with them rushing him off to surgery this morning before I got to the hospital, very frightening for both of us thinking "what if" and not having a chance to say goodbye and I love you to each other. I was steaming mad when I got in there! I'm so glad he's home now though, thank all of you for the prayers.

Unfortunately they say at least for the next 2 months he could go back into the A Fib. over and over till the new meds. get in his system good.. isn't that just lovely?

Well I'm off for now... we ordered a vegetarian pizza for dinner and then off to bed... dh will be off work till Dec. 26th.

Anna
Old 12-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, Pam, I feel so badly for you, too. Is there someone your family can stay with if the weather gets bad? I hate to think about you being cold. Wish you all were close enough to come stay with us. I love having company. I am praying hard for you to get your electricity on as soon as possible. Lots of hugs to you and hoping day five will be with power.
Norma, you are funny! You're so right. Herbal tea really does taste like drinking weeds. lol Thanks for the lemon tips, too.
Good job being finished shopping, Roberta!
Mish, it sounds like you did great at the store!
Lisa, that makes sense that the pain could be originating from your shoulder. Those brownies must have been really good! I have heard that vultures are quite partial to chocolate.
Shopping went pretty well today. I spent about 200.00, the bulk of it being at Aldi. Our local grocery store had some great meat sales. I stocked up and separated it all into smaller portion sizes in the freezer. Made some hot cider and some trail mix to snack on later tonight. That is pretty much it.
Take care my friends, and have a pleasant evening.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, I am so happy to hear that! Maybe the break from work will help him to feel better, too. Sometimes that can make a world of difference.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna that is wonderful news Im so happy that David is home and everything went well

Old 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, So glad that everything turned out good for David. Maybe you'll get to watch some more westerns LOL
Old 12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, so glad everything went well with David and that he's home with you! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers until he's feeling like his "new self".

I'm off to write out the grocery list for our party. This morning I gathered up all of my recipes so it shouldn't take too long. I still need to check through my supplies of plates, napkins, etc. I think I may get away with just buying napkins. I bought red plastic plates for the 4th of July, and I think we have enough left. Plastic cups were red as well. I try to stick to more generic stuff so I can use them for other events as well.

I hope you all have a relaxing evening.

Kathy
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, I'm so happy to hear all went well with David's surgery. Keeping you both in my prayers though, hope he stays in a normal rythym now.

Norma, I have lower back problems, partially genetic (curvature of the spine) partially from the ex who kicked me and pushed me around but never up into my cervical area. I didn't even think cervical spine till Jim mentioned it. I wouldn't be at all surprised. We'll see. I've not treated with my family physician, just started seeing the chiro. I'll have to have him refer me, believe it or not. In work comp in IL you only have 2 treators you can choose. If a treator refers you to another doctor it's still considered one choice, not two. He was talking about referring me to an ortho (the chiro doc that is) if no improvement soon. We shall see.

Kathy, that would be wonderful if you could get by with just having to buy napkins, good thinking back in the summer!

Jamie, WOW!!! you did some shopping didn't you. I have a bad habit of not separating the bulk meat before I freeze, will have to try really hard to take the time to do that and not be in such a rush to go off and do something else.

Pam, I am so sorry you are still without power, and I understand how you felt about having to toss food. Hang in there, I know, I know, easier said than done when you're cold.

I'm off to slip into some comfy pj's. If the b/f gets finished with what he's doing and comes over to find me that way, so be it!

If I'm not on later, nighty night.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, so glad everything went well with David and that he's home with you. I am praying he does not have to go back in. To funny about the Westerns as dh and dgd are watching one now.
Made a supper from leftover turkey broth, added celery , carots and more meat. Then added small polenta as dumplings. Turned out very good

Old 12-13-2007, 06:55 PM

Laurie

Thank you about the westerns that was the first smile I've had in days.

One thing about this whole experience is seeing all the love and caring we've gotten from our FC Family, neighbors, co workers and family. We are very blessed to have all of you, I kept everyones kind words in my thoughts today as I sat there terrified wondering if I'd ever hear my husbands voice again. It was hard to count my blessings but it did help when I was feeling "all alone".

Tommorow will be running to the cardiologist office to drop off paperwork which will probably get lost, they are so unorganized even one of the receptionist said she didn't see how they stayed in business. It's dh's paperwork so he can get paid for being off work. It's going to be hard to fill out since it's actually 2 trips last weeks and this. The first trip we were admitted under the care of our personal physician group and they filled it out, this time it's the cardiologist office and it has to be passed to several people. Gah!! Red Tape.

Pam

I'm sorry I meant to mention how sorry I was to hear you still have no heat. Unfortunately we have your weather heading our way on Saturday evening. We are going to Logan Sat. morning so we should be back home before it's scheduled to hit. I hope yours is over soon and life can get back to normal.

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 12-13-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Nine Year Member

Wonderful news, Anna! I hope he does well, and feels better about things in general.

I'm trying to hold off on turning on the heat. I mentioned awhile back that my goal for the winter is to get the electric bill under $50, and the last one was $54.64. But I know that even if I get it under $50, I am going to have to turn on the heat pretty soon, so it's not likely to stay that low. Today DH took the solar screens down, and that will help make the house warmer.
Pam, I feel for you with no heat, especially in all the ice and snow you've had. One time in Houston we were without power several days after a hurricane. It was awful! And I had just started a new job. We had a well and our house was total electric. So we didn't have water either.

Closed Thread