Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, ladies. I just wanted to stop in and let you all know I will be thinking about you as I go through my day. Today will be a very busy one. DD2 is flying to Las Vegas EARLY tomorrow morning for a cheer competition. I wish we were all going, but it is just too expensive! DH and I are also having a party on Saturday night for his coworkers - LOTS to do to get ready for that! I haven't really gotten much Christmas shopping done yet either. I'm not too worried about it, though. Since DD's are older now, the gifts get more expensive so there are far fewer of them. I know what I'm going to get them; it's just a matter of going out and getting them. DH and I are planning to do that on Sunday and Monday. We both took off from work on Monday.

Speaking of work - time for me to get ready and get out of here. I'll check in later.

Kathy
Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Day Four: No Power.

Hello everyone!

Anna: I'm thinking of you and your DH today.

Thank you for your kindness and prayers. Still no power, but they are trying hard as we have another storm on it's way and we could get a lot of snow. That is suppose to hit tomorrow evening through Saturday afternoon. I so hope everything is restored by then. It's nice to come to work and at least be warm.

I threw out everything in the fridge last night and wanted to cry as I was doing it, some of it like my yeast and bread crumbs I think I can save. Most other stuff had to go. My freezer is still pretty good half-way up. Everying on the bottom half is starting to thaw pretty good. I'm taking a ham to my sister tonight, while we do a little laundry and get more firewood, and anything else I think they can eat.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Much love to all!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa I hope you are feeling better

Pam I'm hoping & praying the storm misses your area. We were hit by the ice Saturday night and Sunday but were very lucky and the next blast hit us as rain. I guess it pays to live in the southern part of Illinois.

Kathy, good luck to your dd and to you. It is always so hectic getting ready for a party.

Frugal was getting to Target to use my b1g1 for the Dove body wash. Dgd & I have really sensitive skin and can only use certain brands, never the cheap one of course. But I felt pretty good on the deals I did get. Also had to pick up a gift for dgd to give on the giving tree. I was amazed at the gifts requested but kids are kids.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you cau. My boss brought up a thought, my headaches have escalated since I hurt my shoulder. He told me to tell my chiro (his son) as it's most likely the work accident that has caused my headaches to become more frequent. I see the chiro tomorrow for another p/t session, will tell him when I get there.

I have to run on my lunch hour to cash the child support check so I can get some food in my house, have used up pretty much all that doesn't need to be cooked, snacks are history including the brownies I made last night, vultures! I also have to pay the cell/telephone/internet bill (all wrapped into one) on my way back from lunch so they don't turn it off!

Back to work for me.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna--
I'm praying for David and for you.

Lisa--
I feel for you on the migraines--I've had trouble with them for about the last 2 years. Yuck!

Pam--
Hope you get power soon and that the ice doesn't hit your area again.

Have a great day, ladies!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I pray your power gets back on soon Pam, and also that the area doesn't get hit with ice. Lisa, I hope your migraines go away. I pray everyone has a great afternoon and evening. Frugal here was not spending any money today. Frugal is eating food we have in the cabinets/cupboards and not buying anything else. Going Christmas shopping for little gifts/cheaper gifts for the kids tommorrow. We bought the big gifts already. I am making some things for my husband for Christmas, also going to pick up a little something from the store for him before Christmas too. Hope you all have a great day. Take care and god bless you all. Merry Christmas
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jjo,Thanks for the kind words.
Lisa,I hope that you can figure out what is causing the headaches and get it fixed.
Pam,I hope you get power soon and that the storm will miss you too.
Seems like everyone was out shopping today,.First off i went and got my haircut it needed it really bad.Then went to walmart and spent around 110.00.I think we are doing pretty good for the amount that has been spent so far.I even took and did the piles up now i just need a few small make up things for the oldest.Then i put all that in the car to do grocery shopping.Dh took part of today off so we went and saw the middle dd for the dress rehearsal she was very happy to see us.I did buy groceries too and spent around 93.00 on that.Of course i was missing a few things.Oh well we will be fine without them.Well my youngest is home so i will try to come back on later on.

Mish
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Nine Year Member

I finished all the gift wrapping and have the gifts that need to be shipped in boxes ready to go to the post office tomorrow YEAH! wont have to pay for priority mail this year.

DH is taking the kids Christmas shopping tonight for me and we should be finished.

Roberta
Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just thought i would stop in to see what was going on,.Tonight everyone had leftovers for supper.Trying to get everyone ready for the concert tonight.It will be a late night for my youngest i just hope it will go smooth.Have a great night.

Mish
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Good evening all!!

Sending out prayers to Anna and David, hoping so much that everything went well.

Pam, hon, I feel so badly for you and your family. I hope they get the electricity back on for you soon.

Lisa, yes, you can get migraines from an accident like yours. You can have an injury that is not just in your shoulder, but into the neck. Not only mention it to the chiro, but also to the main treating physician at your next appointment. Maybe they should send you for an MRI to make sure you don't have a disc.

Jamie, I really like earl grey tea too. I also like the English Breakfast tea. I am not really crazy about green or white teas. And herbal teas always have seemed like drinking weeds. Other than that, I particularly do not like the Lipton brand. Give me Salada, Red Rose, etc. If I have a cold, I will add honey, if not I add splenda. And always, always put a wedge of lemon in mine.

That is why I buy lemons at the produce market, cut them in wedges, and freeze them. That way, when the tea has finished brewing, (and is still too hot to drink), the frozen lemon wedge cools off the tea as it is unthawing. I think you get more lemon juice too after it has been frozen and thawed.

Frugal this evening was to reheat some of that turkey and gravy from the other night along with the leftover green/yellow beans. I only needed a couple of crusts of bread with that to make a satisfying dinner.

Well ladies, better go. I have dishes, and I want to try to finish off these afghan parts I have here.

I have orders for 2 more blankets for the upcoming grandson of the town's mayor. I bought some blue yarn already to begin right away when I am finished the one I am working on.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread