Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, did the ice storm hit you? Just curious.

I have a horrible migraine right now, must go lay down. Took medicine but so far nothing. Hopefully I can get some sleep.

Hugs to you all...

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:06 PM

It's 1:00am and I just got back from the Emergency Room where dh was admitted he is now in what they call "Atrial Flutter" which I guess is worse than Atrial Fibulation. The cardiologist is talking about doing "Ablation" where they go in to the groin and up to the heart to fix what's wrong. With dh's weight this is a dangerous procedure... please pray for us in the coming days.

Anna
Old 12-12-2007, 02:10 AM

Good morning all!!

Anna, I am so sorry David's condition has deteriorated and that he is back in the hospital. I will keep you and he in my prayers for the doctors to know the right procedure, and that they are able to execute it with skill.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, I am praying for David. I hope things start to look up soon. Try to take care of yourself too.

Lisa, I hope the migraine goes away soon. I know they are just terrible.

Well I am getting the male folks ready for their day so I will talk to you later. Have a good day.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh Anna, please know you are both in my prayers.

Jean, as I guessed I woke with the migraine, not as bad as I went to bed but it's right behind my right eye. I'm going to take the kids to school and lay back down. Will try to go in to work in the afternoon but right now not sure. I'll take the Excedrin Migraine now. Didn't want to take that last night, the caffeine in it makes me jittery and I knew I'd never sleep so took 3 ibuprofin.

So I guess frugal will be doing nothing but staying in and trying to get rid of this headache.

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, I will be praying for David. My MIL (who is very heavy) had that procedure done several years ago. She said it was "night and day" how much better she felt after it was done. I hope it comforts you a little knowing that this procedure is successful.

Norma, you can add some of that Pomegranate juice to some iced tea. I like to put ice in the glass, about 1/4 juice, and fill the rest with iced tea. Just like "POM" but way cheaper and you can use whatever tea is your favorite. Hmmm, I bet it might be good in some hot tea as well.

Hope your headache goes away, Lislynn!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna you and David are in my prayers I hope and pray everythings goes smooth and they can fix the problem and your lives can get back to normal

Old 12-12-2007, 04:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,You and David are both in my prayers.I hope that you will be ok but we are all here for you to come and talk with us.
Lisa,So sorry that you have a migranine.I hope you can feel better soon too.
Norma,I think that is great that you are willing to let your nephew come and have supper with you.Way to go on finding some jobs for him to apply for.The pizza hut would be a good one with a discount so that you could have him bring you some pizzas to the house.
Frugal for me?Today the kids have a2 hour delay.Of course my oldest has now made up her mind that she wants an ipod now.Not sure if my in laws got one or not but they were thinking of getting her one for her birhtday and Target did have them on sale with a g/c too.Today i think i am going to stay home.Right now i am hoping the kids have CCD tonight and that would mean me staying home again.I will be back on later on.

Mish
Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Anna, Butch and I are praying that David has a full recovery.

Lisa, Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day.

Anna: I'm so sorry about you DH being back in the hospital. I'm thinking and praying for you both.

Jamie: I did see the Dallas game and it was definately a nail-biter. I sometimes get worked up before the games are over.

Barb: My MIL has given me some of the "POM" glasses and my kids call them "Pam with a 'heart' glasses".

Day Three: No power. We are so thankful for the crews that have come from other states to help our electric company. I heard that we had about 4000 meals being served to crews at our fairgrounds where they have set up a staging area. We are just barely keeping warm right now. I have shut off the kids rooms and anything we don't "have" to keep warm. With our fireplace we can have it about 64 degrees in the living room and that's where the kids are sleeping. I haven't been cooking. Just sandwiches, cereal (as long as the milk stays good), I can boil water on the stove, as my stove is gas, but I can't use the oven. Hot chocolate has been very good.

I took part of my freezer stuff (the meat stuff) and put it in our work freezer. My boss said she could probably take my turkey and ham to put in her freezer, she just got power yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping the power will be on soon for everything else. I'm sad to say my refridgerator stuff is smelly, so I'll be throwing all that out this evening when we get home.

I'm trying to be up-beat and positive about all this -- I know others who are in worse shape, but it is a difficult situation.

Take care everyone!

Closed Thread