Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:51 AM

Liz, I'd do exactly the same thing.
I had a similar experience with a craft I bought. It was only like 3 bucks but still there was a piece missing, I contacted the company who sells them at Walmart and other craft places. They told me that the kit was no longer sold so I was to look for the missing piece at Michael's. They blamed a store employee or another customer for removing teh piece. Although the pkg was sealed. Now I have to go hunting the piece if I want to finish the product.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Assistant Moderator

Liz that is a awful way to treat a customer. Glad you are mailing the email to the president.
I emailed HP about my dead digital camera. At first I recieved so much help from them, then when it was decided that the camera was dead, HP was supposed to give me a quote on fixing it. Never heard a word from them again. Guess I will be staying away from HP products. I will mail my emails to HP.
Dd is calling and seeing how the craft fair went. Oops it is today not yesterday. Are we a little excited?
Anna, I am so happy your dh is feeling better.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Bunny, Hope you feel better soon & good going on the dh using the coupons.

Roberta hope your dd is feeling better too.

Everyone sounds like they are having a good time decorating.
My dh actually put xmas decorations/lights out yesterday. I'm just doing table top decor this year I have a lot and it will seem Christmasy with all of them around.

I had an "Avon Open House" yesterday didn't do too bad for only 4 people showing up. But I still have tons of stuff. I will be doing a sale close to Val. Day.

Mish, I was wondering why you keep refering to Barack Obama as Obamine? Have I missed something?

We have cold temps this morning and maybe we'll have snow tonight. Everyone have a good day.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:15 AM

Laurie

Glad to hear your sale went good yesterday.

More frugal today? I have homemade peanut butter cookies baking in the oven right now.. I used Splenda brown sugar and left out the salt the recipe called for, hope they will turn out o.k.??

Made chicken hamburgers for lunch, dh had cole slaw on the side... I have a crockpot of chicken veggie soup on using chicken breast that I cut up and added to the pot. I also am trying some new noodles I forget what they are called, sort of look like macaroni but oval and smaller. all veggies were either frozen veggies or cut up fresh, no salt.

As soon as the cookies are done, will be going off to read a library book. It's dark and raining here today so that's a good plan.

Does anyone on here get Martha Stewart magazine? I love it expensive as all get out but the only one I receive. Anyways, in this months issue she has in the craft section how to decorate candle jars/glasses by using a spray to frost them. She used those peel and stick plastic things I forget what they are called like you put on your windows for holiday decorations, she made snow flake patterns. Ahh... a new craft project .

Take care everyone and stay warm and cozy today.

Anna
Old 12-09-2007, 10:38 AM

Oops! Cholesterol Free Peanut Butter Cookies

After making the peanut butter cookies and taking them out of the oven to cool ( they tasted like peanut butter fudge btw) I realized I forgot to add the egg, LOL! it actually did not need it. Another mistake, on the brown sugar splenda it says use half the amount of brown sugar called for in the recipe, I used equal exchange didn't realize it was different from the white splenda exchange.

Anyways, the cookies turned out awesome although of course the sugar grams is higher 4 instead of 2.

Anna
Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for me?Went to see Obama with Oprah last night with my friend.That was alof fun,even if we had to wait 1 hour after the show to get out of the parking ramp.The only money that was spent there was 2.00 for parking.We came home and i went to bed.This moring we did alot of the Christmas shopping.I even got a popsetia at lowes and it was only 2.50.We even used up our gift card too.
Laurie,No you didn't miss anything i was just misspelling the name if all.So sorry about that.
Roberta,Hope your dd feels better soon.
Anna,Hope your dh starts to feel better soon.
I need to go as me and the youngest are making gingerbread houses this afernoon.

Mish
Old 12-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. Frugal for me is staying home, cooking from home and using some free cat food to go along with my dog's food. I am cooking a turkey with stuffing for supper. At 79 cents a pound its still cheaper than almost any meats I can get.

Anna, those cookies sound good. I love fudge.

Mish, that must have been very exciting seeing Oprah and Obama last night. I like to watch Oprah's tv show sometimes.

Liz, I hope that you will be able to get a replacement or your money back from rubbermaid. They should stand by their product and do the customer right if they want them to remain their customer.

We are having a overcast but very warm day today. I am glad the electric heat is getting a break.

Well everyone have a nice evening. Hope all of you are enjoying your Christmas decorations as we are here.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:30 AM

Good morning all!!

I was able to save 20% again at the grocery store with coupons. And most of what I bought were basic non-coupon items.

boggz did you try the log roller again. I made sure I finished the first one off. I had to join 3 of the garbage bag ties together for each end. My one neighbor is overjoyed to give me her papers rather than put them out for recycling. I will be picking them up on my way to work this morning.

Anna, sorry about the cookies, but am happy the end product turned into something edible. Hope your endeavors at the mall continue to grow.

jeandeanette, isn't turkey just one of those great comfort foods during the winter. I love it all year round, but particularly in the winter.

Mish, I am glad you were able to see one our candidates for President in person. You will have a better perspective of his personality, character, etc. than if you just watch all the time the tve. When we were kids, the candidates/parties all had rallys. After the speeches, they always fed the crowds - usually hot dogs. My aunt used to troop us all down (7 kids and her) to listen to the speeches, get us talking in the car on the way home. The hotdogs helped if the speech wasn't that great, or was made by a candidate we were not really supporting. But little kids can make for some interesting conversation critiquing a candidate's speech.

Ellen, why did you leave your salad in the garage??? Senior moment?? Been there, done that. Glad you were having a get together with a gf. Doing crafts together is always so much fun. The "gab" is always as good as the "gift". Nourishes our soul.

I am still perplexed as to what to get bf for Christmas. The man has everything. And he won't take off any time to go anywhere. I just had a thought. Maybe I should get him a laptop, and then try to get a handle as to the kind of software he will need when he retires. He wants to do accident reconstruction. That sounds like an option to me.

Well ladies, better go for now. I still have 30 ore afghan rectangles to complete before I can start sewing them together..

Take care all!! Norma
Old 12-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Nine Year Member

I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes on dd1 luckily the bug seemed to be a short lived one and she was doing well on Sunday.

Will be making some deliveries on the way home from therapy which will save gas mileage.

Roberta
Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma no i havent yet but i intend to soon i dont get the paper so i have to start getting some from the neighbors i cant wait to try it again

Closed Thread