FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   What Did You Do Frugal Today (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/)
-   -   What did you do frugal today? - 21 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/what-did-you-do-frugal-today/21577-what-did-you-do-frugal-today-21-a.html)

janet 11-28-2007 06:13 PM

So true Connie...is there anyway to ease that memory?

Hugs, Janet

bluebird 11-28-2007 06:23 PM

Massage can help your body get through it. Sometimes a client will break down and cry through a massage and have no idea what is going on. The muscles and the body know.

Tonight Giz is very nervous and upset. I cant massage her due to the bruising. I can do comfort touch and give her all the TLC I can. I will give her more Bachs too.

Sueanne 11-28-2007 07:53 PM

Janet...Thanks for sharing the prayer for the dog.
Love the new photo of you.
Connie...Hoping Gizmo feels better soon.
________
Sueanne

Prairie Waif 11-28-2007 08:19 PM

Recycled Printer Paper

If it isn't something important that I am printing off of the internet, I use the back-side of previously printed paper.

I just make sure it doesn't have any creases or crinkles before loading it into the paper bin.

Today, I was printing out recipes I intend to copy for a Christmas gift, thus, the paper didn't have to be "clean" when put into the printer.

Waif

SanDansMom 11-28-2007 08:26 PM

Connie, the Bible says that God sees the sparrow fall, so you know he is concerned about Gizmo's pain. I think you are doing the right thing in spending time holding her and talking to her. When she's not so sore, you can do more with her. I am wondering, can dogs be given arnica? It is so good for bruised tissue.

crochet2 11-29-2007 02:11 AM

Good morning all!!

Welcome to our thread Prairie Waif. That is a good trick with the paper. We hope you will continue to join us and we can all exchange ideas that will benefit us and help us all to be more frugal.

Connie, we will thinking all the positive thoughts for Giz that we can. You just take the best care of her that you can. Also, for you, give God your anger and thoughts of punishment to the culprit. He can punish a person much better than we ever dreamed of.

Anna, $80 isn't bad for the two of you for food for a week. I know what you mean about that packing tape. I "taped" 15 envies to larger tyvek envies yesterday. There is that special sound it makes coming off the roll, that is really irritating too.

For me - not much - I took lunch (pb and butter sandwich, and an orange). I made dinner from some tilapia I had in the freezer, and some of the crab dip from my sister. I steamed the tilapia until it was unthawed, poured off the excess cooking water (lemon juice, water, and dried dill), then added a layer of the crab dip, and finished the fish in the microwave. It was especially delicious. I added just a large lettuce wedge with dressing and red bell pepper strips on the side. And the best thing? The tilapia was bought for $1.00 per pre-packaged 4 oz. at the local ACME (Albertson's chain). The store often has these, and salmon, on sale 10 for $10. (edited by barbszy because too many symbols in a row made a weird link!)

Lisa, when I have somethng that I need to bring home from work, or remind someone to bring home, I put a post-it on my purse. Maybe you can do that at home to remind yourself to take that lunch. That way you will see the note before you leave. But remember, once the play is over, and your shoulder is healed, you will be able to concentrate on home, the holidays and the important things in life again.

My nephew came over last night to get his birthday gifts. He was thrilled with the new printer, inks and paper. Especially since his parents hadn't given him anything yet. He will be having his birthday dinner tomorrow night with his mother, girlfriend and me.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma

barbszy 11-29-2007 04:08 AM

Norma, that tilapia recipe sounds GOOD!

Hi :wigg: to Prairie Waif! Thanks for sharing your frugal tips :)

Connie, I hope your dog will soon heal, inside and out. I wish the same for all of you since I know that you are all wounded by this experience.

Mish 11-29-2007 04:25 AM

Welocme to our boards Praire Wolf.Hope you deicde to come back and offer more of your tips.
Anna,That is a pretty good for the 2 of you for your grocery bill.
Norma,Glad your nephew liked his presents you gave him.
Connie,Hope the dog feels better soon.
Frugal for me?Well last night i thought my youngest was coughing and i woke her up to give her some cold medicine.Turned out that it was my middle one who needed some so i gave her some.Then she woke up and had a nightmaire.Had a hard time getting back to sleep.As it turns out not sure if we are going to be able to go to the swim met.We have some bad weather that is coming our way and we don't drive in it.This is the sleet freezing rain crap.This moring i will be helping out at school with Secret Santa.Not sure how long i will be there but i am going to the store as i have my yearly tommmorrow.

Mish
:)

leasmom 11-29-2007 04:34 AM

Got to go to the restaurant to bake, I am baking lemon pound cake and to change things up a bit, a carrot cake. For Lea's breakfast and lunch tomorrow, I'm using our leftover cranberry sauce to make a cranberry bread and I'm gonna make my niece in Colorado's cookie mix. She is 9 and she wants to bake, so I'm sending her a recipe, two santa oven mits, two candy swirled spatulas, a red flat spatula, some measuring cups shaped as a snowman, some xmas icing tubes, some cookie cutters, and the mix in a cute box I got yesterday with santas hands and a bow tie, but in santas hands is a wooden spoon. I got that box for a dollar at the thrift store, I'm sure my sister will use it every Xmas. I'm sending this with some already made since my sister's ideal of making cookies is to open a tube. I may work on that next week to send. I also have to make a fruitcake for the first time, I'm gonna do that on Monday. We don't like a huge alcohol taste in our fruitcakes and since Farmer Jack here has closed now, I'm gonna attempt to make it and have a hint of bourban in it and a slight burbon glaze on top and it can age at her house.

Well off to bake...have a great day everyone!

futureteacher 11-29-2007 04:47 AM

Welcome, Prairie Waif!! And great tip--thanks for sharing!

Connie-
So sorry to hear about Gizmo. Wishing for a speedy recovery!

Mish--
I love the thought of the "fairies" that come clean the house!! No wonder we're all so tired so often--WE ARE THE CLEANING FAIRIES--lol!!

Lisa--
Sometimes they're just aren't enough hours in the day! I'm usually pretty good about bringing my lunch from home, but if I don't pack it the night before, then I can forget about it. Something will always come up in the morning so that I don't have enough time to pack it in the a.m. And I'd be embarrassed to admit how many times I have forgotten it either in the fridge...or worse, on the kitchen counter so it spoils!

Frugal here lately has been being able to use store coupons that I have received in the mail or online. And this morning I purchased two gift certificates to a local restaurant online. They were half price--$50 certificates for $25 each. So I will keep one and give one as a Christmas gift!

Have a great day, ladies!