Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Flu Season Preparation Frugally

I forgot one frugal thing I did this weekend. I bought a pkg. of hankies 12 for $4.99. While a bit high, they are reusable and much easier on the nose than wiping with kleenex. The last time I had a cold and had to use those my nose was raw and these save on killing a tree too.

Anna
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What Did You Do Frugal Today? - 20

Welcome to our very popular Frugal thread! Here's where we talk about those big and little frugal practices that help us save money, time, and resources. Get some great frugal tips here!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Popping in to say hi and sub to this thread, wow!!! Didn't we just start a new page not long ago?

Went to the bread outlet store, bought a few loaves of wheat bread, two packages of sugar cookies and a box of granola/cereal bars. Spent just at $3.00. I stayed away from the garage sales today, trying to keep in budget with all the home repairs I've had to pay for, well repairs and updates that is.

Have a great day all, I'll check in soon.

Hugs, Lisa
Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone. Thanks for all your support and well wishes. DD's made it home safely. DD2 was quite annoyed that she had to call me every time they arrived at and left a location. I told her that someday when she was a mother she would understand. No matter how big she and her sister get, they will always be my babies.

Frugal for today will be doing cold water washes and hanging about three loads of laundry outside to dry, making sun tea and using dish water to water all of my potted plants. I have to pick some more tomatoes. I'll make a salad tonight with our tomatoes and a cucumber we picked on Thursday.

Dinner tonight will not be frugal. We have a ribfest going on in town tonight. Friends of our have free passes to get in, but DH will want to get some food there. He absolutely loves ribs!

Last night we went to a free outdoor concert. The music was country/rock/blues and the band was terrific. There was even a lovely breeze blowing. All in all a wonderful night!

Have a great day, friends.

Kathy
Old 08-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Subbing to the new thread.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lisa, I have been skipping yard sales too. I don't know where our money is going but it is going. Really I do know but it isn't for fun things, food and bills. I am thankful we have the money but wish I could stretch it some more!

Frugal is thinking and rethinking the menu for our vow renewal. I thought deli fried chicken but I think I can cook and save money. Plus I will have at least two friends here to help with the cooking! Now I am thinking about jiffy burgers. A drive in here used to make them. Just browned ground beef (a mixture of ground turkey and beef is good) drained and rinsed, thicken with packaged brown gravy mix and water until it sticks together. The topping is the winner. Chopped onions mixed with mayo, salad dressing and mustard. Some people like pickle relish in it too. Our guest list is over 50 but I think there will be only 30 to 40 people come. Since deli chicken here is sold by 50 pieces for the best buy I would spend $58 on chicken. I think I can do better than that.

My freezer is in on Wed!!!! Yeah!!! I am soooo excited!!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Forgot to mention that I paid off the van, shhhh don't tell DH or he will start thinking about replacing his car. Hope to be able to bank the payment and start replacing the savings that we have had to pull out the past 2 years.

Roberta

Old 08-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Joy we justed paid off our pickup. Dh really wants another one but with my college loans we can't swing it. I am doing the rollover/snowball with the money from the pickup loan and another loan putting that money toward some other bills. Hopefully within a year we can be debt free except our car loan.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone!
Frugal this morning was going into town to the farmer's market. For 2.50, we bought two cantaloupe, 2 cucumbers, and a large eggplant. Also, we found two boxes of Propel powder packets at a nearby store that were marked down to .75. Those will come in handy for workouts and for ds to have while mowing. Unfrugal was that dh and I did stop for brunch on the way home. Just a little place that is a favorite around here. Their prices are pretty reasonable. This afternoon, I am going to cut up some fruit and make a batch of fresh salsa. Also, I am making cookies this evening as it cools down. Take care and have a nice Saturday afternoon!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lori, your temperatures sure sound good. My DH is there in Portland working at a stamp show. I talked to him last night and he was telling me about glorious 70 degree temperatures. I was envious as I sat sweating in front of a fan!!!

Frugal today will be just doing the usual. Ate lunch out of the freezer. I'll have to go into town and buy a few things at the grocery store, but hope to keep to just those few things -- fingers crossed.

I got rid of a bunch of old craft magazines yesterday through freecycle. I am so enjoying doing that! I feel like I lost weight myself.

Liz

Closed Thread