Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:25 AM

Barbzy

You are welcome. Dh thought that was a good price for a new handmade apron too. I may get motivated some day to actually try to make one, the only part that stumps me is the ruffles and no I wouldn't use lace on the ends maybe eyelet ruffles though? I have to laugh, while looking at them yesterday it brought back memories of one my mom had, it was a pink see through nylon apron cute but totally useless, LOL!

They had tons and tons of crochet lace doilies, linens of all kinds with hand stiched embroidery. I love that place, it's rare I get to go into the basement area but did yesterday... they had two huge fireplace mantles, beautiful only $1500.00 each . A really neat old wooden grocery store shelfing thing can't remember the price but Oh was it ever nice. They are so expensive on their wood furniture.

Anna
Old 09-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Assistant Moderator

I lost my post and don't remember what was on it. lol

Ellen, our pepper plants didn't produce much either. I think we got one off each plant. They are blooming now again but I think it is too late.
I would love to bake but it is still in the 90s here. I have a coffee cake reciepe that you mix up the day before and store in the fridge. It is really good.
Barb, I can check on aprons in our local thrift store. I think they are a dollar each. You are wanting a lady apron right? Long or short?

Anna, why do ruffles bother you? Do you have a ruffler on your machine or do you make them the other way?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barb,
On the apron front, I was looking for a couple of vintage type Christmas aprons to use as a tree skirt for my kitchen themed Christmas tree last year and had no luck. Maybe I should start looking now.

Liz
Old 09-23-2007, 09:41 AM

Bluebird

I don't use a sewing machine... everything I make is sewn completely by hand. I have a sewing machine, in fact had 2 gave one away this summer. I like sewing by hand, very soothing and I can take it with me wherever I am.

Anna
Old 09-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

mish i just made your breakfast cake and dh says thankyou thankyou thankyou he loves it
his dibetic so i used a 50 less sugar cake mix and splenda thanks for the recipe he says this one is a keeper lol
frugal today was making mish's cake instead of going to the store and buying one

Old 09-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon everyone. I am washing clothes right now. I have been picking up a little in the house. I guess frugal for today was our lunch. I fried potatoes from the garden with onions in them, made homemade cornbread and fixed (25 cents a can) pork and beans with weiners cut up in them.

Yds and I haven't left the place since we came home last Tuesday from the hospital. I have plently to do but I am getting so tired of being at home. They told us to come and see the doctor tomorrow evening but I noticed this morning they actually wrote down to come and see him Wednesday. I will have to call in the morning and check to see when we are supposed to come in. I sure hope its tomorrow. I think yds has done fairly well but he still needs his pain medicine and it wears off about 2 hours before he can take it again.

Mish, your coffee cake sounds real good. I may have to give it a try.

Cau, I hope your dh's back is feeling better. My dh's dad has a lot of problems with his back from working so many years in the mines.

Ellen, sounds like you are being very frugal using up stuff. Thats probably the most frugal thing we can do.

Well everyone hope the rest of your day goes wonderful. I'll check in later.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:09 PM

Good afternoon all!!

I saved 20% at the market this morning. And most of the items had no coupons for them. Nothing free- a couple of items close. I was surprised that the store brnad animal crackers were only $.99 for a lb. They also had less salt, fat and calories than the name brand ones too.

I have been putting books, etc. on my new book shelves. My nephew and his friend just came and took away my old desk. My nephew doesn't have one, so he will use that old thing.

I have lots more things to move (and clean), but, am taking a break from doing coupon envies and watching football.

I have a chuck roast in the crockpot and will make potatoes and my cabbae, onion and bacon dish to go with that for dinner. There will be plenty of leftovers for the week.

Well ladies, better get back to the coupons (and the football game).

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Butterfly, Welcome back from your trip, Italy how fantastic! Hope yr Dad's treatments go well and he gets to feeling better.

My niece's dd has a b-day today so off to the party this afternoon. Does that make her my great-niece?

Right now doing laundry and dusting.

Mish yr coffee cake sounds good will have to try it.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

1/2 gallon jars

Anna, I looked for 1/2 gallon jars a couple of years ago. The only place I found them was in the Ball catalog, and the shipping was more than the jars. I called Ace Hardware and they were able to special order a case for me for the catalog price without the shipping charge. It was about $12 for a case at the time.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:19 PM

preacherswife

Thank you .... we have a Ace Hardware pretty close to where we live.

Anna

Closed Thread